Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Senta Maria Runge Face Lifting by Exercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Have any of you heard of her?

They dont say how old she is but she looks amazing. Her face and skin are so smooth in the book! Her book is in the 11th edition. I wonder if she's the originator of the facial exercises because her first book was published in 1961.

http://www.faceliftingbyexercise.com/index.htm

psst. Not sure if this is allowed but I know where you can get it for free in pdf. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Correcting Flabbiness Under Chin
Step 1 Lift chin slightly upward.
Step 2 With flat point of index and middle fingers press against indentation (hollow) formed by the two upper nodules of the larynx located at the curve from chin to neck. Do not be concerned in the beginning as to the precise location of pressure which you will discover through practice. Regard finger pressure as the resistance against the working muscles.
Step 3 Now press your back teeth firmly together * and while maintaining this position.
Step 4 Press the tip of your tongue against the inside of lower front teeth (gum line) increasing pressure with the tip of tongue ** in 10 or more gradual and definite steps (Count to 10).
Step 5 Hold end position of pressure for 6 seconds (count slowly to six).
Step 6 Release muscle work for 10 gradual steps (count to 10).
Step 7 Remove finger resistance.

Repeat 4 more times.

THis is a free sample from her site - very similar to an exercise from Flex Effect. I can see this woman probably was one of the inspirations for Deborah Crowley. Ahead of her time certainly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, Deb did not get her inspiration from this program at all. We hear that a lot, however. I think a lot of people forget that when Deb started doing her research she lived (still does) in the small town of Eureka with, at the time, a handful of book stores held privately, and no internet to even do the kind of search people do today. She virtually had to re-invent the wheel.. Eureka just got a Chain bookstore about 2 years ago... thank God for Amazon!

When she actually got a copy of it several years ago,(finally because she had been asked about this several times) she did see that they had a few exercises that were similar. Which really isn't surprising. I doubt there would be too many wildly different variations on a bicep curl among founders of exercise programs having never met or even heard of each other.

I was just looking at some Jack Lalanne video clips today... which I THINK even predate this program (not positive). And for a guy going on 95 or 6 he looks really good... DIET and exercise!!! Yet another example of how it's all really tied together.

I was talking with Deb just the other day about when facial exercises came about. She said she had even found references to facial exercise of some sort among the Egyptians. (a society nearly as obsessed with body and face potions and make-up as we are today.)

The problem with step for #4, as we see it (and because we're asked about this a lot), you don't fully engage the Mylohyoideus by pressing the tip of your tongue to your teeth. Which is the muscle you want to engage to help with the sag under your chin. You need to press your flattened tongue straight up to the back of the roof of your mouth. And although quite similar in movement, There tends to be a lack of full engagement. Which many probably don't even notice.

It has actually been quite interesting over time with the assistance of the internet to see the programs that all came about, many at the same time... all without knowing about the other. The newer programs of today, tend to be based on a co mingling of the programs that have been around 30-40 years or so.

5% products discount

Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Could anyone help me with the facial exercises particularly the Exercise No. 5? I don't quite understand so I'm afraid to do it without seeking clarification. On page 124, letter E, it says, "Return upper cheek muscles consciously to starting position." What is the starting position? Is is the position described in letter C? And what are the 'Refer' and 'Frequency' sections? Does 'Refer' mean I will make a one full smile then divide to two, three, until I reach 10 steps? Why is 'Frequency' it says 5 times in succession? Also on page 127, 'Refer' section says "...15 steps; return muscles in 10 steps." Does it mean one full movement of pulling then return it into starting position then remove resistance. Next it divide it into two back into two, three back into three, until 15 then when you reach 15 you will only return it into 10 movements?

Please PM me so I won't miss your reply, and thank you so much in advance. Wink
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:52 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:

They dont say how old she is but she looks amazing. Her face and skin are so smooth in the book! Her book is in the 11th edition. I wonder if she's the originator of the facial exercises because her first book was published in 1961.

psst. Not sure if this is allowed but I know where you can get it for free in pdf. Wink

Hi faeriedust...I 'd love to read it, where do I find it, please?!
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:09 am      Reply with quote
ooh, I'd love to see this aswell,

Jackie xx
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:45 am      Reply with quote
The thread mentioning the .pdf file isn't hard to find, just scroll down the Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare main page, and there it is:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36868

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
hawthorn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Jasminerosey, recently I read a post of yours about Senta's jowl exercise, so I went back to her book and started doing it. WOW is all I can say WOW. Thank you so much for writing about it!

You said it's worthy of a thread all of its own, and I think you're right, but will leave that to you if you want to start it as it was your idea.

I am very impressed. I asked my not-really-very-observant husband last night if he liked the new look of my face and he frowned and said "you look very elegant". And he's right. This is giving me a ballerina jaw, and it seems to be making my cheeks pop out more too. And it's fast, have only been doing it a week. So kisses to you as always for your insights. Hawthorn.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Hawthorn! When you mention the "jowls" exercise, do you mean the one that appears on pages 99-103 in her book?

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:

FE ed. 3 is also available free, the book is in .pdf format and the DVD in .m4v version, whatever this means. Rolling Eyes
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Copyright! FE should NOT be uploaded and/or downloaded for free off ANY torrent site!

As for SMR, looks like her book is in the public domain.

Feel ever so silly for even mentioning this.

ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Just to bring up again SMR. I think her exercises are great.
Searching for another post also that I want to bring back, no luck for now.
I see there are a few posts that inspired me that are lost in the past!
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I understand SMR actually had her own show that was televised back in the early 60's and I'd love to see them as I think there is always a quality of youthfulness around the exercise teachers I've met and imagine the same would be true for SMR (Eva, Deb, Carole Maggio etc) and they all have a kind of youthful energy and personae about them that literally can't be caught in photos. I'm sure that day will come. I did email her daughter a while back but never had any response.

On the website there used to be clip of one of the shows and it does seem to help visual learners really get motivated by seeing such good examples.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I think it is worthwhile bringing this post up again for anyone interested in facial exercises. Smile
I certainly like the exercises of Senta Maria Runge,... a very complete facial workout, nothing to envy the "modern" programs.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |