Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
What physical sunscreens are most popular right now?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:07 am      Reply with quote
which ones have you been liking lately for the face? It can be ZO based or TD & ZO based? thanks
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Im using and loving zinc only based Invisible Zinc Environmental Skin Protector, its an Australian brand though.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Burnout Eco Sensitive SPF32 (oil-free) zinc oxide only (18.5%).

Elta MD Physical SPF41 (oil-free paraben-free)zinc oxide and titanium dioxide - this is tinted.
htian21
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Pal,

Do you have the full list of the ingredients of Invisible Zinc Environmental Skin Protector? I tried to search it online but couldn't find any. Thanks in advance!
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
htian21 wrote:
Pal,

Do you have the full list of the ingredients of Invisible Zinc Environmental Skin Protector? I tried to search it online but couldn't find any. Thanks in advance!

Hi htian21 I will list the ingredients from the box for you tomorrow. Im not home now and its New Years Eve here.Smile
htian21
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Pal!
Happy New Year!
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
thanks I will read up on those recs.

Anyone ever heard of Zinka brand? they make it in crazy colors for kids/beach and also a clear and a flesh tone. ever heard of it?
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks and a Happy New Year to you also htian21! Smile
I have located the box and this is all it says
Active ingredients: Zinc Oxide 20% w/w
Preservatives: Diazolidinylurea, Phenoxyethanol

I hope this helps Smile
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:52 am      Reply with quote
should I be really worried about the whole micronized zinc issue? isn't that what makes it more cosmetically elegant...sometimes I feel like I can't win for losing.
htian21
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Pal!

I am a little concerned about the fact that they don't list the full ingredients. As much as I would like to try this product, can't really do it till I am certain what's in it.
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it but am wanting to try 100% Pure Pomegranate spf 20. It's on skincarerx.com
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
htian21 wrote:
I am a little concerned about the fact that they don't list the full ingredients. As much as I would like to try this product, can't really do it till I am certain what's in it.

Oh the Aussies guard their formulations zealously. It's proprietary information Cool They are not required by law to list the inactive ingredients.

LondonJamie gave a list of ingredients for the Invisible Zinc SPF 30 in the below thread. But that'll still be different for the Environmental Skin Protector though.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36643
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really liking Dermaquest's SPF30 with Zinclear
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Ingredients for IZ Environmental Skin Protector:

Aqua, Zinc Oxide, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Citrus Medico Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Extract, Fumaric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
For me at the moment it's: Burnout Clean and Clear spf32 and Nanci's All Natural sunscreen. I've tried Invisible Zinc for face and body and it's pretty good too.
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
sweetsweettart: forgot to post re Zinka before. I looked in to this brand a few months ago and decided not to get it as it didn't have high enough actives for me and also had chemical ingredients, see below:

SPF 30 Clear Zinc Oxide Sunscreen:
Actives:
Octinoxate - 5.0%
Zinc Oxide - 4.3%
Octisalate - 3.0%
Oxybenzone - 2.5%

Non-Actives:
Water
Isopropyl Myristate
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract
Diisostearoyl Polyglyceryl-3 Diisosteatate
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene
Cetyl Dimethicone
Octyl Palmitate
Retinyl Palmitate
Tocopheryl Acetate
Magnesium Sulfate
Propylene Glycol
White Bees Wax
Hydrogenated Castor Oil
Diazolidinyl Urea
Methylparaben
Disodium EDTA
Propylparaben

SPF 15 Clear Zinc Oxide Sunscreen:
Actives:
Octinoxate 5.0%
Zinc Oxide 7.5%

Non- Actives:
Purified Water USP
Isopropyl Myristate
Isopropyl Palmitate
Propylene Glycol
Cetyl PEG/PPG-10 Dimethicone
Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate
Hexyl Laurate
Cetyl Dimethicone
Tocopheryl Acetate
Bees Wax
Hydrogenated Castor Oil
Sodium Chloride
EDTA Disodium
Triethoxycaprylylsilane
Methylparaben
Propylparaben

SPF 30 SPRAY

Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane 3.0%
Homosalate 15.0%
Benzophenone-3 5.0%
Octocrylene 2.0%%
Ethylhexyl Salicylate 5.0%

Other Ingredients
Zinc Oxide
Butane
Alcohol Denat
Retinyl Palmitate
Zea Mays (Corn) Oil
Cholecalciferol
Tocopheryl Acetate
Panthenol
Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate
Ascorbyl Palmitate
Tapioca Starch
Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer
Fragrance (Parfum)

I am enquiring in to a brand in Australia called Zinke. If the actives are high enough in it I would like to use it when I go to the beach or when nobody sees me Laughing . I tried the tan one and it's not as scary as the white or out there as some of the coloured ones, but still... I heard somewhere that micronised zinc is not as protective as regular zinc even though it has improved greatly. Of course no probs with nanoparticle size checking either. I don't know if it really is that much better anymore but still I could use it sometimes in case.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone based in Australia tried the Avado Natural Baby sunscreen? 23.1% zinc oxide. Please feedback!

http://www.organicsaustraliaonline.com.au/prod3213.htm
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:52 am      Reply with quote
I use the DDF Moisturizing Photo-Age Protection SPF25 Sunscreen - it has a matte finish, which I like as a base for my tinted moisturiser, my advice use very sparingly.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:05 am      Reply with quote
elta MD Very Happy Check it out
woshididi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I trust the physical ones better than the chemical.
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Heard back from Zinke on the actives in their sunscreens. They are as below:
-Clear Zinke 6% plus chemical sunblockers
-Zinke Plus Lip Balm 6% plus chemical sunblockers
-Sports Strength Sunblock 6% and this is clear
-Zinke sticks 25%

I might try a tan Zinke stick every now and then. Otherwise I will give it a miss.
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:26 am      Reply with quote
My favorite physical sunscreen is Devita's Ultra Solar SPF 50. It leaves no white cast at all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
my dem recommended elta md it'is great and good price. they have different ones. the best is elta physical because it's tinted but goes on the skin very smoothly. it has 9% zinc
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:11 am      Reply with quote
woshididi wrote:
I trust the physical ones better than the chemical.

Me, too. And of the physical ones, I've think I've read that Zinc oxide is safer than Titanium dioxide. But the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database at http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ lists them roughly as of equal (low) risk. However, when they are ground into smaller size particles, on the order of nanometers, the risk rises substantially. Here are the links to those:

* Zinc Oxide: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ingredient/707070/ZINC_OXIDE_%28NON-NANO%29/

* "Nano" Zinc Oxide: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ingredient/704095/NANO_ZINC_OXIDE_%2820-60nm%29/

* Titanium Dioxide: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ingredient/706561/TITANIUM_DIOXIDE_%28NON-NANO%29/

* "Nano" Titanium Dioxide: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ingredient/726566/NANO_TITANIUM_DIOXIDE/

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I agree that you should stay away from the micronized TiO2 and ZiO.

I found a good resource for sunscreens. I am planning a trip to Mexico/Cozumel and the federal government down there requires everyone to use a Biodegradable Sunscreen in their waterparks (for snorkeling/scuba diving). The ones mentioned on this website were found to be the best. I plan on picking up some Mexitan while down there, but I will look into the other ones mentioned too. These look like great SS:

Mexitan
Carribean Sol
Soleo Organics
Kiss My Face
UV Natural

The link to that website provides information on the need to use a biodegradable SS. Research has shown that chemical SSs are destroying the world's reefs and that 25% of them are in imminent danger of collapse and another 25% are very damaged. All these biodegradable SS use physical properties (TiO2 and ZiO) .

Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |