Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Physical Sunblocks.Anyone plz share your experiences !
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone out there...hope you allare fine and enjoying life...
Well,,,i wanted to get everyone"s experience about physical sunblocks..i have tried so many sunblocks but i hated each and everyone of them because of the following reasons...
1...they would always leave a white residue on my face as if i have painted my face...
2...it would look extremely greasy...
3...cause me to breakout.

Plz suggest me a good sunblock that has the following properties....
1...should be a physical sunblock NOT chemical..
2..does not leave a white residue behind...
3...doesnt cause break outs...
4,..has a high spf like 45 and above...
5...is less oily and less shiny...

Thank u sooo much to everyone who shares their views...i am so grateful 2 you all for helping me out..
Maheen Smile
May God bless you All. !!!
ahen9
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite sunblock is SK-II WS dermdefinition UV lotion.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
hi and welcome maheen, here's a recent thread with info about physical sunscreens

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36630
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Murad sunblock cream is good. Also available at EDS.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:46 am      Reply with quote
I list the link below for your reference:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/murad-oil-free-sunblock-s-p_5120.htm
rlook
5% products discount

Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I have tried many physical sunblocks. The best ones I have found are Osmosis Shelter SPF 29, Pratima Neem Rose SPF 30 and Burnout Eco-Sensitive Zinc Oxide SPF 32. I wear sunscreen everyday and change off among these three. None of these leave a whitecast or make my face look greasy. Nor have they caused any breakouts. They are all zinc-oxide based with no chemicals or titanium dioxide.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
thank u all for the help.......i ll definitely check out all that u guys have suggested and buy one of these...
tk care and best of luck...
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I second the Pratima sunscreen rec. Right now my favorite sunscreens are Pratima and Devita. I just looked up the Burn-out and that looks like a good product, I'll order it. Have you tried the other burnout sunscreens?

rlook wrote:
I have tried many physical sunblocks. The best ones I have found are Osmosis Shelter SPF 29, Pratima Neem Rose SPF 30 and Burnout Eco-Sensitive Zinc Oxide SPF 32. I wear sunscreen everyday and change off among these three. None of these leave a whitecast or make my face look greasy. Nor have they caused any breakouts. They are all zinc-oxide based with no chemicals or titanium dioxide.

5% products discount

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the old formulation of the Burnout Ocean Tested 30+ last year. I am actually waiting delivery of the current Zinc Oxide based version. I will post a review once I have had an opportunity to use it. I have also tried the Devita sunblocks. I find the Burnout Eco-Sensitive to have a somewhat heavier feel on the face compared to Pratima or Devita. If you like Pratima, you may also want to try Osmosis Shelter. I find it has a similar feel/consistency to Pratima.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I use Shiseido SPF 55 Cream. It does leave a white residue but less than any other ones that I have used.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
rlook wrote:
I tried the old formulation of the Burnout Ocean Tested 30+ last year. I am actually waiting delivery of the current Zinc Oxide based version. I will post a review once I have had an opportunity to use it. I have also tried the Devita sunblocks. I find the Burnout Eco-Sensitive to have a somewhat heavier feel on the face compared to Pratima or Devita. If you like Pratima, you may also want to try Osmosis Shelter. I find it has a similar feel/consistency to Pratima.

Which one's the "current" version?
I actually already received it and tried it out. It's OK, but definitely not great unfortunately. It's kind of sticky, so it's hard to spread on a totally dry face. In texture/feel I would grade it as better than Keys but worse that Pratima.

It's too bad, because I had really high hopes for burnout. I like the price, the ingredients, and the packaging. I can use it if I first mist my face with a toner or water or if I mix it with a little Devita in the palm of my hand. However, it's inlikely that I'll repurchase.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Although it has lower % of zinc oxide (10% zinc oxide, 5% titanium dioxide)compared to some of the other sunscreens mentioned, I like the texture and finish of Blue Lizard sunscreen SPF30 (Baby or Sensitive versions). And it is relatively affordable.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:50 am      Reply with quote
On second thought, my review is too negative. it mixes really well with devita. 1 part devita and 2 parts burnout mixes really easily and the result is great. The burnout serves to "mattify" the devita. The mixture is 17% zinc oxide, which is good.

Keep in mind though, I am very picky with sunscreen.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Burnout has two chemical free, zinc oxide based sunblocks - - Clean & Clear Eco Sensitive SPF 32 and Ocean Tested Physical Sunscreen SPF 30+ (there's also a 3rd one for kids). I have tried both. I find the Eco Sensitive version to leave a matte finish. The Ocean Tested version doesn't leave a matte finish but spreads more easily. Last year the Ocean Tested version was not zinc oxide based. If I remember correctly, it had titanium dioxide and some chemicals. It has since been reformulated to remove the chemicals and now has zinc oxide as the active ingredient.
Amarise
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I was curious if anyone could shed some more info on how the Devita Solar Body Block compares with the Pratima Neem Rose as far as the finishing feel. I have oily combo skin if that helps.

Currently I'm using Marie Veronique Creme de Jour in the dark tinted version. I'm loving it as a tinted moisturizer, though just wondering if there are other options for the summer that cost a bit less.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
DDF Enhancing Sun Protection SPF 30 works well, it seems physical.
Personally I like La Roche-Posay extreme fluide sunscreen, but it's not pure physical, it's combination of physical and chemical. It has good protection, no breakout, no residue.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Amarise wrote:
I was curious if anyone could shed some more info on how the Devita Solar Body Block compares with the Pratima Neem Rose as far as the finishing feel. I have oily combo skin if that helps.

Currently I'm using Marie Veronique Creme de Jour in the dark tinted version. I'm loving it as a tinted moisturizer, though just wondering if there are other options for the summer that cost a bit less.

Both the Devita and the Pratima are excellent products. These are the sunscreens that I repurchase a lot and always go back to.

The Pratima one is more expensive but it has slightly more zinc oxide (18.6% vs. 14% in Devita). Devita is irritating in the eye area. Devita is very light, but it's not mattifying at all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks alot Nimue..... where can i buy the Pramita sunscreen from ???
Thanks Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
i want to buy it Smile
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Now I love new model of anessa sunscreen by shiseido. It's good feeling to wear it. Not greasy.
Amarise
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Nimue for the info. Very Happy

I'm going to try both but use the Pratima mainly for the face and the Devita for the body. I'll test how the Devita feels on my face. Though I am liking having the extra protection there from Pratima.

I found the site here, http://www.pratimaskincare.com/pratima_skincare.html

They don't have their online shop active yet but you can order through their customer service #.
havana8

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
Amarise wrote:

Both the Devita and the Pratima are excellent products. These are the sunscreens that I repurchase a lot and always go back to.

The Pratima one is more expensive but it has slightly more zinc oxide (18.6% vs. 14% in Devita). Devita is irritating in the eye area. Devita is very light, but it's not mattifying at all.

Pratima is my favourite. BTW, I just noticed that iherb is now carrying Devita! Shock I may have to give their sunscreen a try.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I posted a review for cliniderm (manufactured by Neostrata) SPF 45 SS.

It is available in Canadian drugstores. You could probably order it online from a Canadian drugstore. I paid $29.00 plus tax.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=37511
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
AUtumn- thanks for the rec for Cliniderm. I've used a lot of Neostrata products which I like, but never thought to try their SS.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Nimue wrote:
Amarise wrote:

Pratima is my favourite. BTW, I just noticed that iherb is now carrying Devita! Shock I may have to give their sunscreen a try.

Pratima is probably the best sunscreen product I've ever tried overall. That's great about iherb, and they're selling them at pretty good prices too. Hahaha, now I don't have to buy my devita 3 at a time from internatural (to get free shipping), I can just combine it with my protein bar purchases Smile

Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |