Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Aveeno Ageless Vitality - 100% women see results!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so impressed by their claims that I think I will have to try it. I am one of those women that just don't seem to see results. My skin is resistant or something weird going on. So the 100% result is enticing.

In case you want to try this new product by aveeno, you can go to their web site aveeno.com and print out $5 off coupon, and $10 rebate for purchases made by 5/31/10. I printed out 2 sets of these.

I want to try the eye cream. I'm starting to see fine lines under the eyes. Sad sad face!

I also want to try the night cream. Can this be used on top of HQ 4% cream and retin-A though? Does anyone know?

They also got the day cream with SPF 30 I think. It's $45 each (per walgreens.com), so to buy all 3, it'd be pretty painful. I think I will try just eye cream and night cream first.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure Rileygirl tried the eye cream and was not one of the lucky 100%.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 1:27 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I'm pretty sure Rileygirl tried the eye cream and was not one of the lucky 100%.

I suspect I'd also be alongside rileygirl outside of the 100%. Does that mean we don't actually exist, since we'd be in the 0% of unlucky people? Wink Laughing

It's worth trying, Natalyn, particularly since you've got some money-off vouchers, but I'm really sceptical about claims like this. You must let us know, though if you're one of the lucky one! Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 6:04 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Yep she did and as I recall it caused her eyelids burning!
Count me in on the nonexistent 0% I haven't found an eye cream that does anything good for my eyes yet. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

You would be correct! It didn't work for me, but then again, I haven't found anything yet that does!! Laughing
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone else tried the Aveeno Active Naturals products or perhaps the Neutrogena Clinicals one which is supposed to be similar?

Both products claim to generate a small current, which is created when [positively-charged] zinc and copper pass a [negatively-charged] electron between them. The skin responds to this increase in electrical energy by naturally producing more collagen and elastin. It's an intriguing idea...I just wonder if anyone at EDS has found that it works?

Both products are reasonably priced. Around $30 USD for a "system" which includes a serum or concentrate and a cream.

Futurederm had a good review on Aveeno at: http://www.futurederm.com/2010/04/18/product-launch-of-the-year-aveeno-ageless-vitality-rejuvenating-skin-treatment/

I'm tempted, but not sure I can fit any more products into my routine Laughing
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:24 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl - Here's a thread discussing these products:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=37446
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks GirlieGirl, doesn't sound like too many have tried them. The reviews I also saw on drugstore.com were so-so.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Bummer! I thought it sounded too good to be true. What skincare products actually work with 100% of people? How can they make a claim like this? Isn't that false advertising?
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
Bummer! I thought it sounded too good to be true. What skincare products actually work with 100% of people? How can they make a claim like this? Isn't that false advertising?

It is possible; IF they select a small group of women who do not EVER use skin care! If these women are 30+; I am sure they would see results if they never cleanse properly or moisturize, etc. JMHO

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Unscrupulous! That's not a real study then if they select the population like that. I am not that impressed with Aveeno skincare products so far. I bought a sunscreen and it burned my eyes.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
Unscrupulous! That's not a real study then if they select the population like that. I am not that impressed with Aveeno skincare products so far. I bought a sunscreen and it burned my eyes.

I took a bunch of media and advertising classes in university and we had to study the history or cosmetics companies and how ads are worded (among other stupid things Laughing

And one thing is if their ad just says "100% of women saw results"

It could be they had bad results,because even if the cream does just moisturize and they used nothing before that is a "result"

I find a lot of times the cosmetics (and other)companies they way they word stuff can be very deceiving Rolling Eyes

or as an other example. the Pantene ads,they say that their products make hair stonger and more "protected" or whatever,
but at the bottom of their ad it says "vs not using conditioner". Rolling Eyes
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:35 am      Reply with quote
This is typical advertising. It worked for the *100% they used in the study* which were most likely older women who used nothing previously. This makes their "claim" valid.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the day cream with chemical SPF 30 (for about 3 months), the night cream(for a week), and the biomineral concentrate (3 months):
http://www.aveeno.com/facialcare/vitality/day-spf30
and
http://www.aveeno.com/facialcare/vitality/night

An article here:
http://www.futurederm.com/2010/04/18/product-launch-of-the-year-aveeno-ageless-vitality-rejuvenating-skin-treatment/

I can't find the list of ingredients online, but the products have some antioxidants and sunscreen (day cream). I got both kits because they were on clearance at Ulta, so I paid $40 for both day and night kits. I am thinking about trying the eye regimen as well.

While I can't attribute any miracles to the Aveeno products, they are nice moisturizers, that have not clogged my pores.

I am not sure about the benefits of the biomineral concentrate. I do not have deep wrinkles, only some barely visible fine lines on my forehead and around my mouth. I have combination, acne prone skin, and this has not made my skin worse. I do use a matifying primer on top of the moisturizer during the day though.
What I like best is that the day cream is SPF 30.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Cosmetic companies make a lot of claims. I'd examine everything before believing anything and especially before purchasing.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |