Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TheBaroness
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Daler! Sorry to be so late in getting back to you. I went with the Jellen and it's arriving tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it and so hoping it will dry up some of the little bumps on my cheeks like the one my aesthetician uses.
Whojackafibby

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
I have been reading some of the claims and uses of this stuff back at the years when this was supposed to be a cure for almost everything.

One of the things they claimed was its use for little veins and hemorrhoids.

OUCH

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Algona wrote:
Somehow the mushroom head doesn't glide easily on my dry skin at all. I have to lift it lightly to the next area. Very Happy

I have been to a spa where the put a cheesecloth shroud over your face. It give just a minuscule space for easy gliding and just enough room for more hi frequency effectiveness Wink

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever had success using HF for headaches or migraines? Question

Horrible little pests.
I have a few in some pretty embarrassing places. Has anyone tried HF and had success with skintags

5% products discount

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! Phew, trying to get myself thru this thread - I want to get a device, main issue is hair loss (gradual thinning over time)... I had first been thinking of one of the Ukraine violet rays, I couldn't find in this thread (or I missed it somewhere) - does anyone know the difference in oscillation between these cheaper ones and the Palacia/Jellen models? Are they basically the same size/weight (ie just as portable?)

Any recs as to whether I get the ukraine or one of the pricier models to help with my issues. Of course I'd then also use it on my skin, being 51 I'm sure it'll help with for fine lines, some hyperpigmentation/liver spots (if that helps), and will try spider veins too!

I'm a little confused as to which way to go, because I'm totally new to using any kind of devices (aside from having a safetox), as I'm mainly into facial exercises. I see also that there are super cheap ones on ebay, though of course we have no idea of knowing if they're genuine knock-offs or ones that won't do what they're supposed to...

Any help in wading thru the confusion in figuring out what to choose/try would be wonderful!

Thanks so much!

Julie
havana8

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
tomisonbottom wrote:
Hello all,
I just got a UC-3500 Pro Portable High Frequency Machine from Palacia on amazon.

Just got done using it; it's pretty cool although I really feel like I don't know what I'm doing.

Was hoping to get input from someone who's experienced with this how to best use it.

I am using it for a very bad breakout at the moment (mainly a large cyst that I've had for MONTHS!) and am wondering how often and how long I can use it? I am desperate for improvement so I'm willing to spend a lot of time with it but I don't want to go overkill either.

Thanks so much for anyones help
havana8

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
tomisonbottom wrote:
Hello all,
I just got a UC-3500 Pro Portable High Frequency Machine from Palacia on amazon.

Just got done using it; it's pretty cool although I really feel like I don't know what I'm doing.

Was hoping to get input from someone who's experienced with this how to best use it.

I am using it for a very bad breakout at the moment (mainly a large cyst that I've had for MONTHS!) and am wondering how often and how long I can use it? I am desperate for improvement so I'm willing to spend a lot of time with it but I don't want to go overkill either.

Thanks so much for anyones help

This from page 24 might help you: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6446199#6446199

I'm sure others will have more suggestions! Smile
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have a high frequency device like the ones on Ebay but it comes in a blue box.
www.ebay.com/itm/Set-5-High-Frequency-Darsonval-Acne-Therapy-Device-HOT-/271087749475?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Skincare_PP&hash=item3f1e16c963

It has two sets of probes, half give off an orange light, the others emit a purplish light. There is only one hair comb like device though with an orange light. I'm not sure what to do with it as there is no instructions.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi, new to the forum and have been reading a lot here. I ordered and received today the PRO-4053 5-Electrode Hand-Held Portable High Frequency Machine from LCL Beauty for $39.77 and included free shipping. It was shipped quickly and was in good shape. Considering it is Xmas Eve I was a bit worried it would be mangled or mutilated by the fedex folks. They like to do that to fragile things. The case is white and padded very well with each electrode in it's own padded slot in the case. The company also emailed a pdf file with instructions for use and care. I'm going to take before and after photos and hopefully I will see and feel a difference in my facial skin and scalp.

The main things I am focusing on are the wrinkles under my eyes (the left side is worse) the jaw area and blemishes. Also I have had some type of allergy on the nape of my neck and up behind my ears and have tried so many things to help with the intense itching and flakes. It has gotten better just lately by changing pillows from feather to hypoallergenic, Selsun Blue shampoo, twice weekly hair masks of ACV, coconut oil, glycerin & egg. I've also been putting aloe gel on frequently.

I'm excited to see if this High Frequency device will help my face & scalp! I plan on using aloe gel during the electrode treatment. I'll give an update soon Smile

Very Happy
nickicaps
5% products discount

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to chime in and share my experiences with the Violet Ray. Mine is from Living Libations (the best skin care company I have ever found!) and I think it's the same model as Beautiful on Raw. I can't yet post links as I'm so new Embarassed

Skin:

I was originally using the device to undo some hyperpigmentation on my upper lip as well as for all of the benefits listed on the Beautiful on Raw website. I was using it nightly for 10 minutes, 2 on each zone, 1 minute on nose and chin. Unfortunately it did NOT work on improving my skin tone, dark spots, firmness, etc. Perhaps I was hoping for improvements beyond the scope of this device. I DID find that when I applied Living Libations Zippity Dew Dab serum on acne and then applied the VR for 5 minutes (light tapping motions) that the acne cleared up almost overnight. I also strongly believe that it caused increase hair growth on my face. I already have peach fuzz but I felt it became a lot thicker and more noticeable over the 6 months that I used the VR. This probably explains why it's been so helpful for my scalp!

Hair:

I have been using the VR comb attachment for 10 minutes nightly, always on clean hair and always after applying a growth serum. I use either the Beautiful on Raw blend or John Masters Organics Volumizing Tonic (my fave!) I have very fine hair to begin with, and years of keratin treatments have caused a lot of breakage and patchiness along my hairline. While my hair isn't totally back to normal, there is definite new growth along the hairline. My hair is also growing incredibly fast and it looks really healthy and shiny.

So now I use it every day for my scalp and when blemishes pop up. HTH.[i][i]
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Whojackafibby wrote:
Has anyone ever had success using HF for headaches or migraines? Question

Horrible little pests.
I have a few in some pretty embarrassing places. Has anyone tried HF and had success with skintags

I saw a youtube video of some fellow who used it to burn off his moles.

5% products discount

Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I'm convinced that I need a High Frequency thingy for hair loss and other assorted cosmetic purposes and I'm intruiged by the various health claims. I've been searching all sorts of sites including amazonUK, ebay, and Tonya's site mentioned above. Hers is by far the most expensive hand held I've seen and prices range as low as £20 elsewhere online. I would say there is no sense in spending $220 (plus 20% VAT, shipping from the US, etc) for Tonya's if they are all the same but I cannot find any meaningful specs on any of the less expensive versions. There is one sold by Sainsonic on Amazon with no reviews or specs and many on Ebay shipping from China. The Chinese models seems to be orange light not violet. It seems that the better ones are from the Ukraine or Russia? I want to pay a reasonable price but since I'm putting electricity near my brain I'd like to be sure it's a safe, high quality product! Does anyone have more specific information/experience regarding any of the specs on the lesser priced models? I see above some members have purchased them but I'm not sure if you are happy...or zappy?? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:51 am      Reply with quote
I bought one on Ebay, and am UK based, and it was much cheaper than $220. I once broke one of the head attachments, and ordered the replacement heads from a different store for the Violet Ray and it fitted perfectly. With the colour don’t worry. I queried it too as one of the heads for my device was orange, whereas the rest was purple and there was an explanation for it, but basically it meant that it worked exactly the same was just a different lighting or gas or something but would have exactly the same effect.
LinnyBee wrote:
I'm convinced that I need a High Frequency thingy for hair loss and other assorted cosmetic purposes and I'm intruiged by the various health claims. I've been searching all sorts of sites including amazonUK, ebay, and Tonya's site mentioned above. Hers is by far the most expensive hand held I've seen and prices range as low as £20 elsewhere online. I would say there is no sense in spending $220 (plus 20% VAT, shipping from the US, etc) for Tonya's if they are all the same but I cannot find any meaningful specs on any of the less expensive versions. There is one sold by Sainsonic on Amazon with no reviews or specs and many on Ebay shipping from China. The Chinese models seems to be orange light not violet. It seems that the better ones are from the Ukraine or Russia? I want to pay a reasonable price but since I'm putting electricity near my brain I'd like to be sure it's a safe, high quality product! Does anyone have more specific information/experience regarding any of the specs on the lesser priced models? I see above some members have purchased them but I'm not sure if you are happy...or zappy?? Thanks!
LinnyBee
5% products discount

Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks TheresaMary! I'm still looking. They all look the same basically (although I see some with extra attachments that go places I'd rather not try) Embarassed . I also found a site in NZ that sells one with extra functions though without a physics degree I can't say I understand it all. I am interested in the cosmetic applications but with more research, I am equally interested in the various healing effects so that's why I'm a bit cautious re the price differences related to quality. May I ask whether your device originated in the Ukraine or from China? Are you happy with it? Cheers!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Mine was sent from Ukraine, and I was very happy with it until the year was up and then it just stopped working. But considering how much I paid for it and how often I used it, it was still cheap considering!
LinnyBee wrote:
Thanks TheresaMary! I'm still looking. They all look the same basically (although I see some with extra attachments that go places I'd rather not try) Embarassed . I also found a site in NZ that sells one with extra functions though without a physics degree I can't say I understand it all. I am interested in the cosmetic applications but with more research, I am equally interested in the various healing effects so that's why I'm a bit cautious re the price differences related to quality. May I ask whether your device originated in the Ukraine or from China? Are you happy with it? Cheers!
LinnyBee
5% products discount

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Oh dear! That's quite the specific warranty period. But if you feel you got good use for the money, that's okay too.

Cheers,

LinnyBee

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:45 am      Reply with quote
as far as I remember Tonya's HF device has 10K hertz and Pallacia HF has over 200K hertz and they are almost the same price.. so now why should one pay so much for such a weak HF device!!!

I have the pallacia, I just it religiously for teh most couple of months but now not so much, should get back on it though... when it's on and touching the skin, it makes kinda loud buzzing sound n I need ear plugs! It sounds like I am trying to electrocute myself...
annacarla
5% products discount

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:48 am      Reply with quote
My HF device experience. I purchased mine on Amazon for less than $100 I remember and the frequency is 100khz to 400khz. My HF device uses argon gas and I got 4 attachment with it. No mushroom and no probe but mine came with the newer spiral attachment and the wart/acne zapper that really zaps the nasties of. I use the comb attachement on my hair and the wart attachement on my acne and some warts.

The issue that I'm having is this. I have atopic dermatitis/eczema. I have oily skin but too much dryness and when my skin lipid barriers get compromised I get tiny red bumps on my face that takes around a week to disappear. I use the spiral attachment on my face with a gauze on top and I get a reaction especially on my upper lip where I really feel the tingle.

Now I'm using Skin actives every lipid serum to take care of the spots when my skin is clear, I'll use the spiral attachement with the lipid serum instead of the gauze and see if I get a reaction.
Sunrise
5% products discount

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I just received mine yesterday.

I asked questions a few pages back and didn't get a response so in the end I tried a cheap portable one that someone recommended as being 200,000 in strength (so sorry, I've forgotten who now and I don't have time to read back thru the thread to find you, but thanks so much for posting the links!!!) - from LCL Beauty and it cost $40 with free US shipping (doesn't ship internationally). I'm not in the US so I shipped it to a friend (who happens to have a pro device) and she fired it up to check it and said it's got quite a strong spark so she thought it was a good one.

I've used it so far on my scalp a few times (main reason for me getting it), and sparked a cyst pimple. It certainly seems to be reasonably strong - in that the pimple was a little sore afterward and my scalp has 'after tingles' and during use it's almost a little to strong for some of the more sensitive areas around the front of the hairline. A bigger pro device would have to be stronger, but this seems to fit the bill for me for now. And the gas/color is violet.
And yes, there's that smell of ozone afterward.

Link here:
http://lclbeauty.com/proddetail.php?prod=PRO-4053

PS - I have a power transformer for the different power setting from the US.
LinnyBee
5% products discount

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm happy to hear that several of you have used this device with a transformer. I think I'm going to exactly what you described...have on shipped to a friend in the US and have her bring it when she visits next month. I'm certain I've grown older with the stress and eye strain of endless reading and mulling over. Time to pull the rip cord! Of course in the meantime, I've found that AmazonUK sells Dermawand for £75 so that's on my wishlist now...or is that too redundant with a Palacia?

Oh! Is the argon or neon preferable for thinning hair??

Cheers!

5% products discount

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Asked Charllene @ Palacia re my question about which gas is preferable for treating scalp/thinning hair and she said definitely the neon. Orange is very in this year so PERFECT! Neon it is!

Linny Bee

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I have both the derma wand, and did have a violet ray, but I tell you the best place to get them is on ebay where you will get them much cheaper than £75. To me the violet ray I think personally will be better for hair than the dermawand. I do like the dermawand, and its very travel friendly for sure, but it no where near gives me the tingling I get from the VR. It packed up on me after a year but I think I spent under £30 on it, and I broke one of the heads and ordered replacements for the real dermawand which fitted and worked like a pro!
LinnyBee wrote:
I'm happy to hear that several of you have used this device with a transformer. I think I'm going to exactly what you described...have on shipped to a friend in the US and have her bring it when she visits next month. I'm certain I've grown older with the stress and eye strain of endless reading and mulling over. Time to pull the rip cord! Of course in the meantime, I've found that AmazonUK sells Dermawand for £75 so that's on my wishlist now...or is that too redundant with a Palacia?

Oh! Is the argon or neon preferable for thinning hair??

Cheers!
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Any update on this? how is the hair growth going :)how is it working for your face?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Hasnaa, I've found the violet ray works well for hairgrowth if you do it in conjunction with massaging your head (that is, massage, then violet ray) AND if you do it every day. That's the main problem with it for hairgrowth...most people won't keep up with it every day. They give it a few months and then slack off. That's me (and most people).
ylpylg

Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
How do you know the Palacia device is 200,000 hertz frequency? Did anyone find any information about this on you device or in the instruction paper? I didn't. only their website said this, but how do they approved it?
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |