Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

eye creams for tightening and crepiness
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi all

Iam looking for an eye cream that will help with tightening the under eye area as mine is a bit puffy and baggy and also for crepiness

I dont have an awful big budget but would be very grateful for any help anyone could give me in somethign that works

Many thanks

Sally

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to say i am 42 years old but do look older than my age due to my eyes. I am terrible distressed about this more so than ever. I do drink plenty of water (usually with a dash of lemon in it) through out the day, eat fruit and vegetables and exercise. I do however have treats as crisps and sometimes chocolate but i dont see that as a bad thing. I would just like something to help make me look a little better and to reduce and delay my eye bags aand crepiness further as i feel i look so much older than my age and i know its wrong to say but feelit is why im also so single. I know thats not right but when you spend most of your life single and then as you get older it really does get so much harder. I know alot will think im stupid and shallow for saying it is my looks but if you feel so low in yourself cos of this it doesnt help and yes i should be thinking that if someone should like me ( i need to like myself first i know) then they should for who i am and what i look like.

Despite all that i do need a serious skincare routinge and would be grateful for any help anyone can give me regarding my eyes

thank you somuch
sally

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:25 am      Reply with quote
salster, check out the easy eye thread. It may be what you are looking for.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32702&highlight=easy+eye
vc0117
5% products discount

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:55 am      Reply with quote
After a visit to my dermatologist I just started for the first time using Retin-A under my eyes (he said to never use it on the eyelid) and after a couple of days I can already see the difference under my eyes. Make sure to use vitamin C serum (anti-oxidant)and some essential oils like rosehip or jojoba or even the 'Every Lipid Serum' from Skin Actives (I love it).
I'm 41 and my eyes are also my biggest concern.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I feel your emotion here, I was in the same spot a few years ago.

I opted for Retin A and saw some improvement, but nothing drastic - I mean after all, wrinkles can be treated nonsurgically - sagging cannot Sad

After much gnashing of teeth, I finally went for a dermal filler in my tear troughs and it has been nothing short of amazing in fixing the problem for me - no more dark circles, fewer wrinkles (since the area is now fuller), and a more youthful look.

Caveat: It can be expensive and is somewhat controversial, so keep in mind I am only speaking for myself here.

Best of luck to you (big hugs!)

You are not alone. I struggle with self esteem and appearance issues every day of my life.

BF
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:10 am      Reply with quote
hi and good morning

Sorry for the late reply. I do not have a pc at home so have to wait till I am at work to be able to send a reply and then it is not always possible Sad

Thank you all for yor advice. Rileygirl I did try somethingsimilar to this. I dont think it is the same make as the link you have given but it was one i put on and then washed off. Unfortunatley I did not get on very well with this it made my under eye stiff so when i smiled it cracked or stretched the skin elsewhere. I will read your link in more detail though

I have been wondering about the Retin A. where would be the best place to buy this......my dr? i also need a moisturising or hydrating cream when using this ?

I amalso looking for a firming moisturinsing all over face cream x

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:16 am      Reply with quote
BF - What filler did you use under your eyes? I'm interested in filling the tear troughs as well, but my doctor didn't want to do it for me saying that if it went to the wrong place, it might cause blindness.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Natalyn:

I am not Barefootgirl nor have I had fillers, but my best friend had fillers done about 6 months ago for her tear trough area and had the same excellent results as Barefootgirl. The filler her doctor (and make sure you get a very skilled, excellent doctor for this - caution do not decide by who is the cheapest!) used was restylane. She looks way younger, less tired and just overall great. Her recovery time was about a week of minor bruising and a tad bit of swelling. Nothing make-up could not conceal. I believe she paid about $1,200 but the doctor told her that fillers in the tear trough area tend to last 18 months to 2 yrs because there is little movement (facial expression movement)in that area. I don't have a tear trough problem but if I ever do, I would not hesitate to get fillers after seeing her results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Have you thought of wearing vitamin C during the day? That can make a big difference!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skincare

What would be a good vitamin serum to buy

Many thanks

Sally

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:55 am      Reply with quote
I've tried different brands and the most stable, reliable one is Vivier vitamin C, 20%. But you have to work up to 20%.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skincare

Thanks for your answer. I find it so hard searching for answers on here when there are so many replies to one topic..... it gets quite confusing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
There is no doubt that you will get different answers. You need to find out the age and where they live to help you make your decision.

The weather & hormones can really impact our skin.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi salster, I can feel your emotions in your initial posts.. I hit forty and suddenly the creepiness and eye bags just seemed to appear overnight!! Shock And my self esteem just dumped down to zero just because of this, I work with public and kept been asked by colleagues at work if I'd just got up from sleeping even if is was mid-afternoon, and it was a kind of shock as my eyes had always been one of my best assets!
Two years ago I started a desperate search over the net, after trying various eye creams to no avail.
I still have baggy eye days but it is usually when I have lack of sleep (work on shifts).

What has worked for the creepiness, in my case, is using a tretinoin cream 0'025% -it is a cheap cream where I live and had the derm recommend it, it is an acid form of vit. A, like Retin-A,, before sleep time, day in day out, plus some skin friendly oil after a few minutes -careful here as some oils under the eyes can actually cause puffiness, I experimented a lot with oils 'till I found one that suited that area.
I've switched sometimes over the last two years trying other eye creams, and although I felt they were working good to begin with, after say a month of use I realized my skin was not faring so well, so I'd go back to the tretinoin plus friendly oil.

What has worked for the bags themselves, in my case, is the use of a vaculifter, the Tanaka massage, and what is working really, really well, and is dirt cheap is Oil Pulling!! I did Oil Pulling about five years ago for a different matter, remembered about it but for a tooth problem I've had recently, so I've introduced it again in my routine and finding it affects my eyes very well, clearer, even on a day I had a change on shift where I only managed to sleep four hours!! Didn't focus on this secondary effect five years ago because I didn't have any issues with eye bags then.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, HIH.
Many hugs too, A.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ATester

thank you for taking the time to reply to my post and for giving me some advice. I always come backto the ladies at EDS. They are such wonderful people and I have gotten good advice on here so many times. Its hard though because you get so much advice i still get lost where to start. I amthinking on the Retin A at night and vitamin c serum in the day. I do need to find a good eye cream but like you say worried about which ones may cause puffiness Sad Its hard to as I live alone and i only earn a small wage soi struggle just to pay my house.

You mention "oil pulling" i have not heard of this before. Is this facial massage? I have been wondering on finding a facial exercise fore the eye area which may help my puffiness and firm the underneath up. I do notice mine is worse on days i dont sleep. I struggle to go to work somedays for not wanting people to see me. Ive never been attractive and now im looking even worse.
You also say about the vacularlift Tanka massage.... again something i do not know anything about

I will nhave to find out more about these

Many thanks again for your help

big hugs
]
Sally

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, about Oil Pulling there is quite a lot of info. Here is one of the many sites where it explains how to do it:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5015891_detox-oil-pulling.html

About the vaculifter, well it is just the name of one of the gadget for cupping, more info about cupping right here in this same forum:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27735

And the Tanaka massage is also in this forum:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36457

Lots of reading to do mind you!

HIH.
Istanbul 27

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Sally I hope you find a decent eye cream - I have the same problem or crepiness and use Obagi which is the best I've come across though its 40 quid. But I really think from a wider view you need to see someone about the way you are feeling. I had a breakdown about 18 months ago and I've been riddled with insecurities about my looks and my age for years. I am 44 and also single. I've had some surgery done and while I don't regret it, I can see it was a sticking plaster for bigger problems. I still struggle with self esteem issues but I've had CBT therapy now so I have a better understanding of my issues. No one deserves to feel so lousy. And I'm sure things are better for you than they feel at times. Think about it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |