Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Estriol Cream for the Face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I just tried estriol cream last night on my face before going to bed. I realize this usage might be considered controversial to some, but I wanted to try it.

One night only and my skin hasn't felt this soft and smooth in a long, long time, LOL.

BF
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:01 am      Reply with quote
My guess is yes but I will ask at the compound pharmacy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:31 am      Reply with quote
The answer is yes without question....this is from the pharmacist. It would be absorbed on the thin skin of the face, very rapidly. Estroil is used vaginally as well as on other areas of the body for hormone replacement....but never on the breast.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:22 am      Reply with quote
yes, my understanding is that it is absorbed, that's how it works Smile

Anyway, I have fewer concerns with estriol than I do with other types of estrogen - but I would rather not go the reasons here because it is a complex topic and as I said, controversial, but that said - I would encourage anyone who is interested in this to look at the studies, read the literature and decide for herself Smile

I get mine from the UK - inhouse pharmacy.

BF
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:42 am      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
I'm not sure what versabase is, but I think it may be a bunch of stuff without fragrance or parafin.

This is what I could find on Versabase.

Versabase Cream is specially to ensure consistent and effective systemic absorption of the bio-identical progesterone from the cream base. This base represents a refinement of previous bases, improving one again, the cosmetic properties of the base. A non-greasy, readily absorbed cream base that effectively functions as a transdermal vehicle.

The Versabase is apparently only available through Professional Compounding Centers of America. http://www.pccarx.com/default.aspx
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
To have any level of effectiveness in improving the condition of the skin, any topical has to be able to at least penetrate the upper layers of skin.

I think the studies are showing whether the topical penetrates deep enough and extensive enough to raise levels in the blood.

This is similar to how we view Retin A and the recommendations to avoid retinoids during pregnancy - hence the reason to make an individual assessment.

BF
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:59 am      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
Cp 1st RA, dermaroll, spread wet hands over face when dry esteriol and moisturize.

I need more info.

You are applying Retin-A and then using a Dermaroller? I thought this was a no no. What size Dermaroller are you using?

"Spread wet hands over face" - what's this about?

What moisturiser are you using?

Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:38 am      Reply with quote
After I clean my face I use the CP serum then my RA .25 roller. When I'm done I wet my hands slightly and rub the water over my face to thin and drive in any remaining product into the channels (I actually got all this info on how to do this on this site)My moisturizer is really basic it is Elta Md. Then once every 4 weeks I use the the Dermaroller that I think is 1.5 with no products on my skin. That lower face lift is Known by several names. QuickLift, minilift, it is not the thread lift it is a real cut an pull but the technique is different. I think you can access the info from the site where my picture is posted. That is The Skin Center where I had it done.But to caution everyone about my routine. As DARKMOON wisely states,If you have ANY health issues check with your DR. my esteriol cream came from a doctor be careful with what you use.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:48 am      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:

That lower face lift is Known by several names. QuickLift, minilift, it is not the thread lift it is a real cut an pull but the technique is different. I think you can access the info from the site where my picture is posted. That is The Skin Center where I had it done.

Here is the official QuickLift website; some great Before and After photos:

http://www.quickliftmd.com/photo-gallery/?ViewAll=78

Does anyone else think Case Number 29 looks very familiar?

http://www.quickliftmd.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=29&IMAGEID=73&StartRow=1&surgeon=

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Well, if you are involved in promoting facial exercise, it would appear more convincing to claim that all your improvement came from facial exercise and neglect to mention the surgery.

Again, snake oil.

BF
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:36 am      Reply with quote
DM-Better you were safe than sorry! I have that tendency to act first then think later! That has really gotten me into some BIG messes Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Emerita and I found it at either at drugstore.com or iherb.com (can't remember! LOL)

I have fewer concerns about progesterone than I do estrogen, but will still continue to use both, more often probably the progesterone - I am reading some good stuff about it.

BF
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
zizi wrote:
Im peri menopausal ..hot flushes, etc, not on any hormone medication. If I applied a little estriol cream on face every other day, diluted do you think that would be ok and not impact hormones too much in any way. anyone got any thoughts?

I don't really see how anyone else can advise you on your hormones. It's something you have to discuss with your doctor. Having said that though, if it were me, I would give it a try and see how you go. However, I'm telling you to do as I say not what I do!!!

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to check in with my gynecologist AND the doc I see annually for my mammogram (since having a scare and breast biopsy a few years ago). My OB is BIG into BHRT, (in fact a Dr. Baalmann is in her practice), and she prescribed testosterone shots for me a few years ago. It was the breast doctor that warned me about hormones, especially estrogen, in feeding the growth of breast cancer cells where they exist. I am going to check with her as well before I do anything with this, as promising as it looks. Just wanted to pass that on for anyone else with any family history or previous breast scares.
havana8

Fri May 06, 2011 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
Gidget wrote:

Anti Aging From Head To Toe: How To Prevent Sagging

http://healthybodydaily.com/antiaging/dr-oz-sagging-breasts-and-butts-pseudoephedrine-swirl-for-eye-wrinkles

Gidget

The link didn't work for me. It sounded like a great article since I'm at the point where it seems like EVERY THING is sagging.

Hi Shasta, The link should work now. HTHs! Smile
SisterP

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I love my estriol cream (Smoky Mountain Brand). It's the weakest of the estrogens and from what I've read appears to actually interfere with the "bad" estrogens and may even be protective against breast cancer.

My wrinkles are GONE! My skin is no longer tissue thin and it's really "plumped" up. Dark spots are fading. Friends are asking if I changed my hairstyle because they can't figure out why I look so different Smile LOL ... GOOD different.

My OB/GYN prescribed HRT "pills" with estradiol/progestin to help with my terrible brain fog. YIKES! side effects of cancer, strokes, bleeding for months, blood clots ... too scary for me. There is a family history of breast cancer. I decided to try the BHRT instead.

I'll be sending in my "Saliva" test next Monday and see how it's going. I feel soooo much better! I'll also see the doc again in 6 months.

Every one should read Dr. Lee's "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Breast Cancer". He devotes an entire chapter to Estriol and Progesterone BHRT. I also use progesterone cream. He discuses in great detail all of the hormones and what they do. READ it! especially if you have girls at home.

So far great improvements in skin, headaches are gone, brain fog is gone, hot flashes are gone, I'm actually pleasant again ... wonderful, I also feel & LOOK 45 again! (I'm 55)

Started at low (1/2) doses; especially with the progesterone (Life Flo), and did have some worsening of the hot flashes & breast tenderness at firsts. Added the Estriol for my skin mostly and the hot flashes disappeared.

Now that I've been on the progesterone for a month it's time to stop for 4-5 days and it will be interesting to see how I feel during the break. I won't stop the estriol since it doesn't need a rest period like the progesterone.

Cool Beans!
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I use Life Flo Estriol Cream and NOW Foods Progestrone cream both from iHerb! Nice products for a great price and really good customer service!
ChloeBlue

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I also have used the Life Flo Estriol from IHerb ---

I had been having increasing sagging and loss of elasticity this past year in my face, due to health issues. In just a few days, I am seeing my old self again. I've always had naturally clear, bright and plump skin which I took for granted before these health issues. What I'd been seeing in the mirror this past year has been really depressing. Even though I've been gluten-free, dairy free, sugar free, and completely organic...tons of pure water and spending TONS of money for this stuff, skin tone and coloring was just awful.

I was also religiously using all the magic tricks that worked miracles in the past...yogurt masks, aloe vera, vitamin E, Rosehip seed oil...all to no avail.

I wish I knew a long time ago that nothing was going to work for me if my hormones were out of whack!

By the way, it all began with an epidural steroid that I scream from the hilltops to AVOID at all costs ...don't let anyone inject anything into your spine...it almost killed me...very scary time. Okay....back to skin talk -

So, in addition to taking Natural Calm Magnesium and Calcium nightly, extra Vitamin C, betaine HCL with my meals to absorb all nutrients, and a food based vitamin (Rainbow Light) I added in Emerita Progesterone and Life Flo Estriol...I use it for hormonal balance and I use it twice a day on my face...in particular in places I want to see more elasticity.

I'm also looking into getting a collagen supplement to take along with hyaluronic acid.

If it were not for Iherb, I could not afford all this stuff. I have a coupon for anyone interested to get 5 bucks off...plus if you spend at least 40 dollars, it's free shipping I believe...or maybe it's 50, not sure.

coupon for Iherb is: PES680

I'm also going to try the Now Brand progesterone since it's lavender scented and has a lot of great reviews and it's only 15 bucks for 3 oz...cheaper than Emerita.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I use prescription estriol cream (bio-identical and from an online pharmacy) on my face. I'm not menopausal. I'm in my 40's but no symptoms whatsoever of perimenopause, either. Estriol cream has improved my skin and has not in any way caused systemic issues (periods remain regular, etc.) I don't know if topical application allows it to enter my system, I'm just saying if it does, it hasn't caused problems. For those women with facial hair, MDs often prescribe estriol cream for facial hirsutism, so it's a proven treatment. And, studies show topical estriol will affect wrinkles and collagen production. It's often prescribed for vaginal use, for atrophy---so the same rebuilding mechanism applies in that situation. (Those with facial hair issues may want to avoid topical progesterone, which can increase and coarsen facial hair.
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Everyone, When, after you wash your face, do you apply estriol cream to your face? Do you do it every day? Thank you. Smile

I do my retinA then my estriol as per derm/ Pl surgeon. Been doing this for yrs., I stopped the estriol for a couple months to see if it really made a difference...OMG, puffy under eyes, upper lip lines to name a few...began use again, gone in about a week! I get my estriol from inhouse
Pharm. also retinA.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
I know I read it most definitely can penetrate to the blood stream, does it really penetrate to a high level?

I'd love to try this, what are everyone's results that have been using for the time of this thread? Can anyone give an update, please and TIA!

I have a very hard time reading through all the data (sorry ADD kicks in and I get lost).

In my experience, estriol cream doesn't have a systemic effect. I am not periomenopausal nor menopausal, so it is reasonable that I might experience changes in my cycle if the topical estriol was in fact strongly systemic. However, I do use the .1% USB estriol, and not the .3% estriol as was used in the studies, simply because I can't find the .3% estriol premade. (I use Ovestin cream). In terms of skin results, my fine lines are gone, skin is firmer, better moisture, pores seem refined/smaller. NO breakouts, which is great, even though the cream is quite dense. No irritation or redness from the cream, either. I chose not to use the estradiol because I do think estradiol might have a systemic effect, being a stronger estrogen than estriol. I must say, I love the results I've had from the estriol. It's a worthwhile addition to my skincare plan, certainly!
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
Mars wrote:
Hi, Everyone, When, after you wash your face, do you apply estriol cream to your face? Do you do it every day? Thank you. Smile

I do my retinA then my estriol as per derm/ Pl surgeon. Been doing this for yrs., I stopped the estriol for a couple months to see if it really made a difference...OMG, puffy under eyes, upper lip lines to name a few...began use again, gone in about a week! I get my estriol from inhouse
Pharm. also retinA.

I'm 62 now and still use it and love it. Personally I don't worry about side effects of the estriol, it is such a low percentage and I'm sure I haven't got a freaken hormone of my own left anymore so the good that it does my skin really shows. Perhaps if I were younger I would feel differently. Now I do get regular check ups,blood work at least4x a yr. and yearly skin cancer screening, so I an not an idiot about my health!
My Derm/pls does not recommend this for women who are not over 50.
As with everything we need to use good judgement, and do what we feel is best for ourselves.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I did want to update on the using the cream. I had been using it in smaller doses mixed with my other face creams. In that dose it did not do much I have now learned thru my bloodwork.
When I went in this Feb. for my major ob/gyn check, I had to do a complete blood work, plus cardiologist appts.,heart scans etc. due to some minor chest pain, heart racing etc. The entire months of feb. and March were doctor/derm visits it seems!
Turns out, I was in complete menopause due to my hysterectomy in 2005 (which I had strongly suspected) so all of these were symptoms of it.
With the cardiologists okay, my gyn put me on a low dose of ESTRADIOL 0.5MG TABLETS since my heart scans were all great. First day I took it, even at that low dose, it was like night and day! Felt like I came out of a fog! No more, heart issues, night sweats, etc.
Now, my cholesterol was also high since the estrogen helps control that as well and it had been slowly creeping up along with the weight.
So, because I am taking the pills, I stopped using the cream. I have to go back in 6 months to both docs and have my blood work done again and hormone levels re-checked to see where/if any adjustments need to be made.
I have already taken off half of the offending 15 pounds I needed to loose and am getting my cholesterol back in check, which I have found/ learned also shows up in your skin!
The skin hasn't made any major reversals as far as lines but thats okay, it is at least not as dry and is getting clearer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:24 am      Reply with quote
gretchen,

Is Ray Peat your primary source of health related information or you do you have other sources you use as well? If so, I am curious.

Thanks, BFG
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:57 am      Reply with quote
No. You only need to worry about using estrogens with progesterone to balance out your "female" system, not for skincare, and those are larger doses generally.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |