Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DIY Pseudoephedrine Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Gidget
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question for any of you DIYers. Very Happy

I read this article:

Pseudoephedrine Swirl

Dr Oz: “There is an option here to help with the eye the eyelid lift and it doesn’t require a doctor’s visit at all and I love this concept and it’s called Pseudoephedrine Swirl”.

Dr. Evans: “Getting injections is not for everybody, some people don’t like needles, it’s painful, it’s expensive so you like to have other options and we like everybody to look younger and feel better about themselves. This is Pseudoephedrine that you get over the counter, we’ve crushed it up here and I am adding it to a cream. Pseudoephedrine can actually work under the eye to tighten it. This does not hurt at and is affordable and if your combining it with GABA which is what I mix it with (gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) it can do an istant tightening within 5 minutes or so. You can do this everyday, it’s takes just a few minutes to dry”.

Look at the before and after picture of Lorri’s eyes, you can see that Pseudoephedrine Swirl works and you can see dramatic results and it is lifted underneath the eye.

Pseudoephedrine Swirl Recipe

1/2 tsp cream
1 Tablet of Pseudoephedrine Ground Up

QUESTION from Gidget:

Is pseudeoephedrine some kind of cold medicine and if you were trying this what type would you purchase? Also, anyone else use GABA and if so, where did you purchase it?

Thanks - the photo is incredible!

Link: http://healthybodydaily.com/antiaging/dr-oz-sagging-breasts-and-butts-pseudoephedrine-swirl-for-eye-wrinkles
havana8

Sat May 07, 2011 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Copying related posts from the Clarisonic thread found here http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6417025#6417025 to keep this discussion together for those who are interested:

Kassy_A wrote:
I finally bought the "Mia" after hemming and hawing for years about it..

I love it!

Been using it about 4 or 5 times a week since February, and can honestly say it beats the tar out of my beloved microfiber cloths. I still use the cloths, but find the Clarisonic much more thorough, and at the same time gentler to my skin.

Unlike some reviews I have read here and there, I am definitely noticing a slight improvement in some thread veins I have at the sides of my nose and chin. BUT, with that said, I'd also offer full disclosure and share that I've incorporated occasional use of pseudoephedrine, into both my cleanser + one DIY cream. I can't be sure if it's a coincidence, or if the pseudoephedrine's decongestant properties are helping in that regard.

AnnieR wrote:
Kassy A-Interesting the addition of the pseudoephedrine into your DIY cream. What do you use?
I was going to do a Rosacea study where they gave you Afrin and then a cream containing the pseudoephedrine to use on your face to help with the facial redness. I qualified but couldn't bring myself to do it because of the 12-14 times they had to draw blood in the day long study and my vein (and needle tolerance) wsn't strong enough. Great idea though and I had thought about trying that myself so I am curious what your concoction is.

Kassy_A wrote:
Funny you should mention the 'Rosacea', because I actually incorporated this into a new cream I made for my BIL to try, and he claimed it calmed down the redness a "little".. He's coming to visit us in Florida next month, so I'll see for myself at that time..

If you want to try a little experiment on your own, I'd suggest you just try crushing/mixing 1 pseudoephedrine tablet into 1 tsp of whatever you have on hand that's alcohol + fragrance free.. (If a little alcohol doesn't flare you up, then no worries, and just use whatever you typically use.)

I love CeraVe Lotion for semi-DIY formulas, and although it has some great things for the skin, it also has alcohols which you'd want to consider.. It's fragrance free though, so I really love that.

FYI; Because of the country we live in, and that drug addicts found out you can use OTC Pseudoephedrine to make illegal drugs, it is no longer available (other than mixed) in the drug store aisle..

You do not need a script, but you now have to get the pure tablets at the pharmacy section, where you will be required to show ID, sign a form, and be happy with a limited supply. (You can typically get 30 tabs at a time, but this can vary by location.)

Only the pure variety of pseudoephedrine will work in *creams*. Some people who use it on crepy, loose undereye skin have claimed some tightening.. I can't confirm this, as luckily I don't have that.. Laughing It sure doesn't do a bloody thing to tighten up my dreaded malar bags though... Sad

Let me know how you do if you try it.. Very Happy
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Yes, that picture looks amazing!

I know Pseudoephedrine is increasing difficult to find. Used to be you could get Sudafed with it. Seems like it is now mixed with other stuff (acetominaphen, allergy meds, etc.)

Kassy and others who may have used this - how many milligrams of Pseudoephedrine were in the tablets you used? I have some at home with 120mg.

Gidget - I've used cream with GABA in it (not DIY). Didn't do a thing for me, but I have heard of others it worked well for.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Gidget wrote:
I have a question for any of you DIYers. Very Happy

Is pseudeoephedrine some kind of cold medicine and if you were trying this what type would you purchase? Also, anyone else use GABA and if so, where did you purchase it?

To Gidget & Shasta,

Pseudoephedrine HCL is a decongestant.

Because of the reasons I mentioned in my above post (that havana has kindly copied here), it's a little more complicated to get it in it's pure form. You CAN get it, but it has to be requested at the pharmacy, and you will have to show ID and sign a form. You will be limited to up to 30 tabs at a time. It comes in different strengths, and the 60mg will be easiest to get. (It's sad the the drug dealers/users of the world have found out that this was the perfect ingredient to make their "Methamphetamine". So as with so many other things, the folks doing the right thing are made to suffer the consequences.)

I have the 60mg tabs and have tried them in 2 different DIY creams.

I just crushed 1 tab per 1 tsp volume in my formulas.. It easily dissolves in a bit of distilled water, and then I incorporate it into a cream or lotion. (So for 1oz volume, I used 6 tabs.)

I don't see any tightening going on, but I do feel something akin to a slight tingle momentarily, and it just makes my skin feel refreshed somehow.. I hope that makes sense.. Confused I do believe though, that it is indeed helping to increase the circulation, because I definitely have some improvement in the broken caps I have here and there.

I also tried the GABA and couldn't get by the gross smell of the raw ingredient.. Also, it's a light brown color, and leaves you with a nasty looking product..ICK!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |