Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Recommendations needed for daughter's preteen skin issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
WnInDwtPnkyOut

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:28 am      Reply with quote
hi all!

i'm sure this topic has come up before but i couldn't find anything thru "search" and i've been doing my own general online research but still not sure what avenue to take probably because preteen skin care advice can be tricky and there are sooo many pruducts out there. with that said i will get to the issue at hand and hopefully get a better idea of which direction i should take or where to start.

okay, so my dd is hittin' 12 next month and for the past year or so she's been having some skin issues mainly on her t-zone (acne and slightly oily) and on her nose (very mild blemmish issues, more on the clogged pore side). Now we all know how it works when we hit puerty Crying or Very sad right? it's a delicate stage and balancing act and one i wish i had better guidance and resources for when i was her age. i really don't want her to go thru all that i did and still do at times. i am really lookg for skin care products that are REALLY gentle yet effective, so any kind suggestions are TRULY appreciated. t.i.a. guys
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Try QV facial gentle cleanser. It is mild (soap free )and recommand my skin doctor.

Tea tree oil for pimple

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:41 am      Reply with quote
hi,

if you have skin care question, please place it on the skin care suggestion forum.

I will recommend your daugther to use the Thusday Plantation (from AU) Tea tree line:
1. The facial cleasing foam (very mild, good for acne)

2. moisturizer (lotion). since your daugther doesn't have a serious pimple issue; therefore u don't need to use tea tree lotion. Try Vichy aqua line, the gel cream. The price is not expensive and it is good for teenager.

3. Thursday plantation tea tree oil for pimple only.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
I can't say enough about Bellaboo Skincare for your daughter. I asked around and researched it, but didn't have any luck until I found Bellaboo. It is a natural skincare line that has made the world of difference to my daughter's skin. It is an Australian line, but it is easily purchased in Canada and the U.S. as well.

I posted a review on it when I first got it for my daughter. Here's the link to it as well as the places you can purchase:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=40142

In Canada:
http://well.ca/brand/bellaboo.html?gclid=CJiKopjp7qoCFQvCKgod-3eCQA

Here is the official site for the line:
http://www.bellaboobabe.com/

Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:53 am      Reply with quote
thanks so much for your feedback guys. and i apologize if i posted in the wrong forum. i'm kind of new to posting on this site -obviously, right? i really thought i was posting in the right place, so i'm a bit confused on that Question

anyway thanks again so much to all who replied and replies.
WnInDwtPnkyOut

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the really informative thread (and links) on this line Time2B. Sounds like an amazing line and very promising especially based on your own testimonies from you and your daughter's experience w/ the products. I will definitely look into the Bellaboo site further and probably start her w/ the trial (on-the-go) kit. I love that the products you guys are recommending are more natural based, though all suggestions are welcome and appreciated of course.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
WnInDwtPnkyOut wrote:
thanks so much for your feedback guys. and i apologize if i posted in the wrong forum. i'm kind of new to posting on this site -obviously, right? i really thought i was posting in the right place, so i'm a bit confused on that Question

anyway thanks again so much to all who replied and replies.

I don't think you posted in the wrong forum. The other forum is for 'Do it yourself & tools'.

I tried the Vichy line on my daughter as well as PSF. Bellaboo out performed both. It made a big difference right away - so much so that my husband noticed and asked what she was doing differently. She used the cleanser, moisturizer twice a dsy and zit stuff (when needed. She uses the exfoliater 2 to 3 times a week after cleansing at night.
It deals with the hormone 'oiliness' without being overly harsh on the skin. I have recommended it to a few people and everyone has really liked it. The only product that didn't seem to agree with her skin was the Berry Mask.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, i didn't think i was in the wrong place because this is the forum where u ask general skin care questions, right? Confused well, either way we're here and you've been so helpful and generous w/ your personal experience and knowledge of these and the other products. and it's sound like our daughters have/had the same or very similar issues. so i am definiately going to start w/ Bellaboo for her and then share our experience after her trial w/ the products. thx again Time2Bme Very Happy
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck! I hope you like it. It lasts a long time & I think the price is very reasonable considering the amount of product you get & the quality of the product.

My daughter also really liked having her own skin care line. It is nice to teach them to care for themselves with good quality products at this age.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |