Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MURAD Acne Complex???? Anyone have results??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Moser1978
5% products discount

Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I am on retin a and completely HATE it! I think my derm gave me too strong (.1%)! Anyway, I am thinking about throwing out the retinA and using the MURAD acne complex? I was wondering if anyone has had good results with this? I posted another thread (help with retinA) also. I think my derm is stupid and has no clue! Do you think i can use this MURAD and a few nights maybe the retin A? I am wondering if i dont use the retinA consistently and then use if off and on, if my skin will never build up a tolerance to it? Hmmmm.....What do yall think?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
What are the Murad ingredients? Have you considered purchasing the 0.025% Retin-A from overseas? Many build tolerance to R-A through occaasional use building up to daily over time. Some even stay on intermittent but perhaps not for acne.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Murad did actually work for me. But retin a worker better, it was basically a permanent fix for me, completely changing the way I produce oil. And yes, it sucked. It was worth it in the end, try to stick with it.

5% products discount

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I didnt know you could purchase a less concentrated retin a over seas? Can you get it here? I really would like to stick with the retin a. Im going to hold off on it for a week while my skin heals then try it again. Hopefully i will build a tolerance to it.
Moser1978
5% products discount

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
Murad did actually work for me. But retin a worker better, it was basically a permanent fix for me, completely changing the way I produce oil. And yes, it sucked. It was worth it in the end, try to stick with it.
Did you use the murad AND the retin a together? Do you still use them together? I am wanting to use the new murad acne complex they have now. Im not sure whats in it. I know its not peroxide its salaycic acid.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Moser1978 wrote:
Did you use the murad AND the retin a together? Do you still use them together? I am wanting to use the new murad acne complex they have now. Im not sure whats in it. I know its not peroxide its salaycic acid.

If you Google I am sure you can come up with the ingredients, otherwise e-mail Murad then post back here. Personally I wouldn't seriously consider any product without knowing what is in it.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Moser1978
5% products discount

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
ok here is a list of ingredients:
cleanser:

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.51%)

Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum)
gel:
Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrogen Peroxide, Rice Amino Acids, Zinc Aspartate, Ascorbic Acid, Chitosan, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Zinc Acetate, Linoleic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Propyl Gallate, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA

moisturizer:

Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol,Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Retinol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Flower Extract , Honey Extract (Mel), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract

WOW thats a ton of ingredients!
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
That was fast work Moser1978! Very Happy You are right it is a ton of ingredients, it's scary once you start looking at all your skin products together. No wonder skin sometimes responds with with allergies or breakouts!

My thoughts:
Cleanser - salicylic is good for unclogging pores but 1.5% is a low amount, no sulphate surfactants is excellent as these damage the skin barrier, several of those essential oils could be irritant depending on your skin type. Lots of fluff. I'd like to know if the pH is skin-friendly and right for the salicylic to be effective.
Gel - only 1% salicylic, drying alcohol as the second ingredient and hydrogen peroxide (bleach!) further down. Wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. That would kill bacteria on the skin indiscriminately, even the friendly ones. You'd do better finding a salicylic acid or glycolic acid toner with no nasties IMO.
Moisturiser - Several humectants, some non-comedogenic lipids, Retinol (vit A) fairly high up, MAP (vit C) but likely not enough to be worth bothering with. Some decent extracts, some fluff.

Apparently this kit claims a 90% success rate, my guess is the other 10% have skin that this is too harsh for. It's not exactly cheap either! IMO you'd be better shopping by active, looking for ingredients that are proven to be effective at the right concentrations. Do be aware that some skins clear up simply by cutting certain ingredients OUT of the skincare regime, for some 'acne' is caused by stripping and irritating the skin. Sulphate surfactants are one culprit ... and could easily account for a portion of Murad's success rate.

Have you considered DragoN's KinNiaNag serum recipe? The basic formula is evidence-based, and raved about by those with acne and ageing skin alike. Somehow it reduces sebum production without drying. It's often used alongside Retin-A (lower % to start!) but you do not have to. This review is interesting, I like the wash ingredients too http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28690

peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:59 am      Reply with quote
The murad kit was the best thing I purchased for my 17yo son. He had been taking roaccutane, got great results then to treat any break outs the dermatologist gave him differin. This just burnt his skin and it got worse. I had purchased the murad kit awhile ago so I got him to stop the differin and just use murad. His skin calmed down within days! Give it a go. And it doesn't bleach your sheets! I use the acne treatment gel whenever I get a hormonal sore spot come up and it's gone the next day.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
No, I did not use retin a with Murad. I used Murad about five years ago, but switched to retin a when I found this forum and used that exclusively for acne. A year later I added clindamycin for alternating.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi, If you are using retin A from the doctor I would use quite gentle products. Don't use retin A and the acne treatments, it's a case of either or, otherwise you are going to be attacking your skin twice with the same sort of approach and you will be sore, dry and flacky.

Hope this helps!

*moderated to remove self-promotion

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |