Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
ReLuma: general and science discussion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I did a search for Cytokines and came up with 3 Companies using this ingredient; ISCO, Natura Bisse and ReLuma. I decided Natura Bisse is not the one I'd want, too much other stuff in there, ISCO has some fabulous reviews, but only a few have seen results I am looking for.

I am curious what the difference between ReLuma and Cellese AnteAging is, ReLuma is ubber expensive, $199.00 for an ounce of serum. I am finally very interested in this ingredient but wonder what the difference between ReLuma and Cellese AnteAge is? So need help getting pushed over the edge here!!!!

Calling Dr. J!!!!!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 11:10 am      Reply with quote
hey Tiny
not DrJ but I did find out some info about ReLuma that people may find interesting or not.
The site I found is offering ReLuma Anti-Aging Trio: Cleanser, Serum & Moisturizer for $179.
ingredients which may help the more scientific amongst us.
ReLuma Cleanser 30 ml:
Human adipose derived stem cell conditioned media, decyl glucoside, cocamidepropyl betaine, sodium PCA, quillaja saponin, calendula extract, methylisothazolinone, caprylyl glycol, distilled water

ReLuma Skin Illuminating Anti-Aging Serum 20 ml:
Human Adipose Derived Stem Cell Conditioned Media, Water, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, DL-Panthenol, Hydroxy Ethyl Cellulose, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol.

ReLuma Moisturizer 30 ml
Human Adipose Derived Stem Cell Conditioned Media, Cetearyl Olivate, Sodium Olivate, Caprilic Capric Triglycerides, Vegetable Glycerin, Jojoba Oil, Jojoba Ester, Sodium L-Pyrrolidone Carboxylate, Sodium Lactate, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Valine, L-Proline, L-Threonine, L-Leucine, L-Phenylamine, Silica, Vitamin E Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Hyaluronic Acid, Coenzyme Q-10, Methylisothiazolinone and Caprylyl Glycol, Water.
I read the reviews as well and I had to laugh, the first review was done by Lori, I can assure you it was not me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Hey there loopy,Very Happy

There are 2 threads..old on ReLuma here

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16151

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8139

And a mention on ISCO thread

https://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=40420&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=475

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Well thank you for pointing me in the right direction, DarkMoon.
I cannot help it I am old and have the onset of dementia.
I will go and read now. LMAO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 11:31 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Well thank you for pointing me in the right direction, DarkMoon.
I cannot help it I am old and have the onset of dementia.
I will go and read now. LMAO.

Well if you are "old" That makes two of us! We do age like fine wine, get better with age? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 11:37 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

https://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=40420&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=475

Thanks DarkMoon,

I don't think they include much information on this ReLuma Product.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Thanks DarkMoon,

Sorry Tiny,

I just looked really quick and found what was here. Embarassed

Maybe Dr. J will weigh in as you requested!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 11:48 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Thanks DarkMoon,

Sorry Tiny,

I just looked really quick and found what was here. Embarassed

Maybe Dr. J will weigh in as you requested!

Oh please don't misunderstand, I appreciate your work!!!!!!!!!!! I looked too, just nothing on this new serum.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I hope he posts soon too, I put this here and not on the Cellese thread, so things don't get all confused.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
I did a search for Cytokines and came up with 3 Companies using this ingredient; ISCO, Natura Bisse and ReLuma. I decided Natura Bisse is not the one I'd want, too much other stuff in there, ISCO has some fabulous reviews, but only a few have seen results I am looking for.

I am curious what the difference between ReLuma and Cellese AnteAging is, ReLuma is ubber expensive, $199.00 for an ounce of serum. I am finally very interested in this ingredient but wonder what the difference between ReLuma and Cellese AnteAge is? So need help getting pushed over the edge here!!!!

Calling Dr. J!!!!!

Hi Tiny, great question. We need to differentiate all the products that contain cytokines or growth factors. This may take more than one post.

ISCO and ReLuma do contain cytokines. As far as I can tell Natura Bisse only contains "the usual suspects" (stuff like peptides and and chemicals that the ingredients manufacturers are pushing this year). Correct me if I am wrong.

Somebody mentioned Revive, which contains a single cytokine (KGF) which is related to EGF. Dr George and I have written extensively about the potential folly of using any single growth factor in isolation on the skin.

More in a bit.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Calling Dr. J!!!!!

Hi Tiny, great question. We need to differentiate all the products that contain cytokines or growth factors. This may take more than one post.

ISCO and ReLuma do contain cytokines. As far as I can tell Natura Bisse only contains "the usual suspects" (stuff like peptides and and chemicals that the ingredients manufacturers are pushing this year). Correct me if I am wrong.

Somebody mentioned Revive, which contains a single cytokine (KGF) which is related to EGF. Dr George and I have written extensively about the potential folly of using any single growth factor in isolation on the skin.

More in a bit.

Thanks for the start!! I figured this would take a bit, hince the different thread, did not want to take away from the Cellese thread.

I too nixed the Natura Bisse, while great products, they did not seem to match up, they do seem to claim Cytokines tho Confused .
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DrJ wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Calling Dr. J!!!!!

More in a bit.

Thanks for the start!! I figured this would take a bit, hince the different thread, did not want to take away from the Cellese thread.

I too nixed the Natura Bisse, while great products, they did not seem to match up, they do seem to claim Cytokines tho Confused .

If you have a link to a Natura Bisse ingredients list that looks like cytokines, please post it and I will take a look.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.bing.com/shopping/natura-bisse-cytokines-top-ten-fluid/p/EE6DBCEEB8628F4D5012?q=natura+bisse+cytokines&lpq=natura%20bisse%20cytokines&qpvt=natura+bisse+cytokines&FORM=HURE

its the Natura Bisse top ten serum, but again, this is one I nixed early on.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
ReLuma Moisturizer 30 ml
Human Adipose Derived Stem Cell Conditioned Media, Cetearyl Olivate, Sodium Olivate, Caprilic Capric Triglycerides, Vegetable Glycerin, Jojoba Oil, Jojoba Ester, Sodium L-Pyrrolidone Carboxylate, Sodium Lactate, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Valine, L-Proline, L-Threonine, L-Leucine, L-Phenylamine, Silica, Vitamin E Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Hyaluronic Acid, Coenzyme Q-10, Methylisothiazolinone and Caprylyl Glycol, Water.

I always have to scratch my head when I see individual amino acids as ingredients. They are abundantly present in the body, even in the case of severe protein-calorie malnutrition (muscle will be broken down to support skin! Believe it or not!). The question I like to ask is "did you expect those amino acids to self assemble into a useful peptide or protein?". Because they would have to in order to justify putting them there. Unless it's to feed bacteria & fungi on the skin surface. Makes a good culture medium.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
ReLuma Moisturizer 30 ml

I always have to scratch my head when I see individual amino acids as ingredients. They are abundantly present in the body, even in the case of severe protein-calorie malnutrition (muscle will be broken down to support skin! Believe it or not!). The question I like to ask is "did you expect those amino acids to self assemble into a useful peptide or protein?". Because they would have to in order to justify putting them there. Unless it's to feed bacteria & fungi on the skin surface. Makes a good culture medium.

The cream is loaded with ingredients, I saw that too. What I am interested in is the difference in their serum, vs. Cellese? The serum is a different animal it seems in this line.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
http://www.bing.com/shopping/natura-bisse-cytokines-top-ten-fluid/p/EE6DBCEEB8628F4D5012?q=natura+bisse+cytokines&lpq=natura%20bisse%20cytokines&qpvt=natura+bisse+cytokines&FORM=HURE

Oh, now I remember. This one is a total phony. No cytokines in sight (unless the bioferment of brewers yeast, a single celled organism, is cleverly self assembling into some human cytokines)...
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Oh, now I remember. This one is a total phony. No cytokines in sight (unless the bioferment of brewers yeast, a single celled organism, is cleverly self assembling into some human cytokines)...

that makes me feel better, I read it as such all by myself, which is very impressive, since I flunked science!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't this what you are asking about Tiny, Ingredients posted by Lori above:

ReLuma Skin Illuminating Anti-Aging Serum 20 ml:
Human Adipose Derived Stem Cell Conditioned Media, Water, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, DL-Panthenol, Hydroxy Ethyl Cellulose, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol.

ReLuma Moisturizer 30 ml
I read the reviews as well and I had to laugh, the first review was done by Lori, I can assure you it was not me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Thanks!! I am awful at this science stuff, but at least Dr.J can consider me a sucess in his efforts here, I did note right away Natura Bisse, was NOT what it said it was !! So job well done Dr.J, add a sucess to your list
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
To understand the difference between Reluma and AnteAGE, we need to talk about the science of stem cells, typoes of stem cells, stem cell niches, and all that.

Here is something I wrote at BFT about adiopose derived stem cells in particular:

Your body’s fat stores contain stem cells that look a whole lot like the stem cells in your bone marrow. They have the surface markers of mesenschymal stem cells (MSC’s). But the statement in the post above … “There is increasing evidence that marked differences exist in the biology of MSCs that are dependent on the tissue of origin.” is a major key to understanding that there are important differences. They look the same, but they are not the same functionally. These MSC’s living in fat tissues are not the first responder cells mobilized for repair. That is not their “NICHE”. In fact, they may be part of a different system that has to do with regulation of fat (energy storage) biochemically as well as being progenitors for new fat cells (should you need more). Now, when expanding a colony of these cells in a culture (in vitro) they behave just as MSC’s (or fibroblasts, indeed many mammalian cells) in secreting cytokines to exchange information during growth. The focus of the message is growth. But it is not necessarily a recipe for repair and rejuvenation. Do they work? Yes. As well as marrow-derived MSC’s? Theoretically not, based on the logic derived from the latest knowledge about MSC niches. The placement of “damage control” MSC’s in bone marrow makes perfect sense teleologically. So much of their work has to do with immune cells being made there, in a place rich with blood vessels. Fat lacks that logic. Its like housing your big city emergency personnel in the country down a dirt road. The reason some companies use these cells is because they are easy to get (the disposed waste of a liposuction vs. a bone marrow aspiration). And therefore a lot cheaper.

We also need to talk about the difference between conditioned media and more elaborate cell processing extractions and about liposomes and nanosomes as delivery systems.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
So are you saying, this company uses the "garbage" stem cells? Or I should say useless ones, if so how can anyone tell?
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
So are you saying, this company uses the "garbage" stem cells? Or I should say useless ones, if so how can anyone tell?

No, they are useful. You will get results. Just not as useful (if you follow the logic above). And cheaper, because you don't have to pay anyone to undergo a bone marrow aspiration (in fact they pay you to have you suction their fat). So, if it's such a sweet deal, how come its not cheaper? I don't know.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Tiny wrote:

No., they are useful. Just cheaper, because you don;t have to pay anyone to undergo a bone marrow aspiration (in fact they pay you to have you suction their fat). So, if it's such a sweet deal, how come its not cheaper? I don't know.

I am lost on if its such a sweet deal, how come its not cheaper? whats the sweet deal?
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DrJ wrote:
Tiny wrote:

No., they are useful. Just cheaper, because you don;t have to pay anyone to undergo a bone marrow aspiration (in fact they pay you to have you suction their fat). So, if it's such a sweet deal, how come its not cheaper? I don't know.

I am lost on if its such a sweet deal, how come its not cheaper? whats the sweet deal?

Cost of goods is smaller than Cellese's for example. So why does product cost more? I cannot answer that.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Tiny wrote:
DrJ wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Cost of goods is smaller than Cellese's for example. So why does product cost more? I cannot answer that.

Well Loopy just found a smoking deal, face cream, serum and cleanser all full sized for $179.00, so it is cheaper. The serum is normally $199.00

eta: its a sale, but your right Dr.J., its not normally cheaper.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |