Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lip plumper - Citylips or Maxolip - DIY?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used Maxolip or Citylips to plump your lips? Is there a way to make it yourself? I did a search but no results came up on "lip plumper". Sorry if this has been discussed before Smile
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Monica34 wrote:
Has anyone used Maxolip or Citylips to plump your lips? Is there a way to make it yourself? I did a search but no results came up on "lip plumper". Sorry if this has been discussed before Smile

Wish I could offer wise words of wisdom, but I've yet to find any product that does much at all Confused
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Monica34 wrote:

I own several that do work but temporary, my favorite because it really tingles and it's name is Soap And Glory's "Sexy Motherpucker"! Bad Grin

There is a thread:

LIP PLUMPING PRODUCTS THAT WORK??

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3043

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe run your search again? 400 threads pop up when I search "lip plumper" in all boards, display results as topics.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Monica34 wrote:

My bad, even I misunderstood, your really asking if anyway to DIY this?
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I kinda was asking both, sorry, if anyone used those since I read online that they were supposedly good.

Also wondering if they work, if there is a DIY recipe as they are crazy expensive Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Monica34 wrote:
I kinda was asking both, sorry, if anyone used those since I read online that they were supposedly good.

Also wondering if they work, if there is a DIY recipe as they are crazy expensive Smile

Hi Monica,

That link I posted is the most recent on ready made as I recall.

There are a few DIY in the recipe index carekete posted:

Recipe for homemade “Lip Venom”

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=54020#54020

Another recipe for homemade Duwop “Lip Venom:”

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=82903#82903

Here is the Recipe Index Link:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

I do make lip gloss and add the Essential oils mentioned plus some menthol drops and you get a temporary plumping!

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you sooo much DarkMoon ♥ Smile I will read up on these.

DarkMoon wrote:
Monica34 wrote:

Hi Monica,

I do make lip gloss and add the Essential oils mentioned plus some menthol drops and you get a temporary plumping!

HTH
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
You are most welcome Monica,

I know the search is not always easy to maneuver! I happen to know some of the recipe index by now and where that link is so I am more than happy to help if possible! Smile

DarkMoon wrote:
Monica34 wrote:

Hi Monica,

HTH
Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:36 am      Reply with quote
I have gotten some good semi-permanent plumping from using SA's lip collagen serum in the morning and Retin A on my lips at night (drying though and causes peeling!).
havana8

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Monica34 wrote:

You might also like these threads, Monica:

Re-Raving about City Lips ORIGINAL Lip Plumper
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33742

City Lips- Lip Treatment is FABULOUS!!!!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10546

Smile
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Havana! Smile
ellajames
5% products discount

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Monica34 wrote:

Wish I could offer wise words of wisdom, but I've yet to find any product that does much at all Confused

Most other lip products I've used either sting if they're advertised as plumping, or they're really thick or gooey, or the pigment is the mainfeature.With Maxolip, it's all much more subtle, but I think it works really well. When I put it on, it makes my lip look really natural, and it feels light but really good! My lips do indeed look fuller and just natural and healthy, rather than slick or sparkly, etc. It feels great, works well, and seems more grown up than a lot of other products out there.....will buy again...
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:07 am      Reply with quote
I actually just bought City Lips. I happened to come across it when I was researching another lip plumper, one they try to sell you whenever you buy Latisse. I will let you know how it works for me.
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Ugh reading those old threads are making me wonder if I should send back the advanced formula I bought and get the original formula instead. Darn you, EDS! Laughing
rebecca87coster

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:25 am      Reply with quote
I have used and continue to use the maxolip and am in love with it. I use it at night and also under many of my lipsticks. I love the "slip" of it and the way it conditions my lips. I love to say that it plumps my lips more than i expected .... think I'm addicted to the way it makes my lips feel.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |