Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lyapko Rollers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Could you share your experiences with the Lyapko rollers?

What sizes do you have?
How do you use?
How often do you use?
Where on the body do you use?
What results/benefits have you noticed?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if you've seen this thread by our lovely Toby, RyanA, but there may be some comments there that you might find helpful: Smile

Tonya's "bed of pins" (Lyapko) great tool!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=43058
Nanella
5% products discount

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have the small one for the face and love it Smile I stopped using it for a bit because I couldn't tell if exercises were firming my skin or the roller, and therefore couldn't properly evaulate my exercise regimen. It really does thicken the skin (I use it 2x / week on average, but I have fragile skin), even if it's not the most relaxing massage ever. Only use it at night if you have sensitive skin. I end up covered in tiny red marks that take a little while to fade - the only drawback.

soda173 (ebay) was very professional and courteous, and I received my roller in only two and a half weeks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I bought Tonya Zavasta's Rolling Bed of Pins in 2009. Last year I purchased the smaller-sized Lyapko roller on eBay.

I like them both; they leave my face feeling nicely stimulated. However, I prefer the small roller. It's a little easier to move around the face and get into some of the smaller areas, like around the eyes. It's lighter weight, of course, and just feels more suitable for facial work.

I usually spend five minutes rolling it over my face before using my NF Trinity. I use the large roller for my scalp, as it's said to be beneficial for the hair.

To clean the rollers, I have a spray bottle of 3% food grade hydrogen peroxide that I mist them with. I emailed Penny at Tonya's site to make sure the spray wouldn't damage the pins or cause them to rust, and she said she didn't think it would rust or damage them in any way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Nanella wrote:
I have the small one for the face and love it Smile I stopped using it for a bit because I couldn't tell if exercises were firming my skin or the roller, and therefore couldn't properly evaulate my exercise regimen. It really does thicken the skin (I use it 2x / week on average, but I have fragile skin), even if it's not the most relaxing massage ever. Only use it at night if you have sensitive skin. I end up covered in tiny red marks that take a little while to fade - the only drawback.

soda173 (ebay) was very professional and courteous, and I received my roller in only two and a half weeks.

That is the same seller I purchased from and also bought the small face size and am loving it! Odd as it is a bit uncomfortable initially, but now it just feels great!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Ryan,

it took until I saw your ?, where on the body do you use it, that I realised these were NOT hair rollers Laughing Laughing oh I need a nap
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Ryan,

it took until I saw your ?, where on the body do you use it, that I realised these were NOT hair rollers Laughing Laughing oh I need a nap

LOL Tiny here is the face model!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Ryan,

thanks so very much!!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Ryan,

thanks so very much!!!

LMAO.....Trippy looking isn't it....Shades of Woodstock! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have both Tonya's (Universal) and Face one.
I like Face one much better, and use it on my face/neck for a few minutes a day (on top of topicals).

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Ryan,

Can you measure the width of yours. I can't tell if this is the one I have or not. I plan digging it out and using it more often.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Ryan,

Can you measure the width of yours. I can't tell if this is the one I have or not. I plan digging it out and using it more often.

I will once I dig out a measuring tape but in the meantime here are the specs. from the seller:

Width: 36 mm, diameter: 45 mm, a step: 3,5 mm, quantity of needles: 272.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251047868464?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648#ht_3901wt_989

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Ok in all seriousness, how bad does this hurt?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Ok in all seriousness, how bad does this hurt?

It does not hurt Tiny it is mildly uncomfortable at first! These do not break the skin and for me leave no marks!

That pic is way, way larger than the actual roller is! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

DarkMoon, the small one I have is way larger than the pic. Now you've got me wondering if there's a size even smaller than the small one I bought, lol.

The one I have, the roller bed with the pins measures 1½ inches wide, the handle is 4 inches long.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Sovajo wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

DarkMoon, the small one I have is way larger than the pic. Now you've got me wondering if there's a size even smaller than the small one I bought, lol.

The one I have, the roller bed with the pins measures 1½ inches wide, the handle is 4 inches long.

Mine is the small one which is just under 1.5 inches wide and just over 1.7 in diameter, I guess to me it seems the spikes look scarier (hence bigger) in the pic than they seem in real life! Wink

Yours sounds about the same size wise to me!

ETA: It could be just the screen size and my display settings!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Mine is the small one which is just under 1.5 inches wide and just over 1.7 in diameter, I guess to me it seems the spikes look scarier (hence bigger) in the pic than they seem in real life! Wink

Yours sounds about the same size wise to me!

ETA: It could be just the screen size and my display settings!

Yeah, it does sound like we both have the same size. It occurred to me after I posted that it might have something to do with the display settings.

And yes! Those spikes do look pretty scary!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Frodo wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Ryan,

I will once I dig out a measuring tape but in the meantime here are the specs. from the seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251047868464?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648#ht_3901wt_989

Smile

Hi I need some help. I purchased the roller above from Soda173. It is the same seller as above but when I went to check out eBay said I couldn't use PayPal because the seller was in the Ukraine. I then tried a credit card and it wouldn't go through. I got concerned and just exited out of eBay. Now I'm getting emails from Soda173 to use
ccnow.com because he can't use PayPal because of being in the Ukraine. I buy a bunch of stuff online but have never bought anything from eBay.
Is this legitimate? How did others pay for this roller? Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Frodo wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Ryan,

Smile

Hi I need some help. I purchased the roller above from Soda173. It is the same seller as above but when I went to check out eBay said I couldn't use PayPal because the seller was in the Ukraine. I then tried a credit card and it wouldn't go through. I got concerned and just exited out of eBay. Now I'm getting emails from Soda173 to use
ccnow.com because he can't use PayPal because of being in the Ukraine. I buy a bunch of stuff online but have never bought anything from eBay.
Is this legitimate? How did others pay for this roller? Thanks.

Hi Cookie,

He is legit it is the Ukraine where he is located that does not allow paypal, but he has a work around and sends you a message with a link! His score on there is 100% positive! I thought wow this is odd but it worked and within the 2 1/2 3 weeks it was here! Smile

This is from his link:

Attention!!!
To receive your PAYPAL payment for this item we use CCNOW.COM service. Shortly after buying you will receive invoice with payment instruction.

We ship to PayPal's address ONLY.

Please make sure your address in PayPal is matched with your shipping address before you pay.

HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Darkmoon- thanks for your help. The payment seemed to good through fine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

Great Cookie,

I thought should I or shouldn't I and just saw his rating and went for it, and had no problems at all. If you need to contact him he is great about responding within a day! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Great Cookie,

I thought should I or shouldn't I and just saw his rating and went for it, and had no problems at all. If you need to contact him he is great about responding within a day! Smile

I figured it was only $28 dollars, but was afraid of sending my financial information to some guy in Ukraine. I did look at his feedback rating and it was great. I'm sure it didn't help that I've never bought anything on eBay.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using mine a few times a day, several minutes at a time. My face definitely gets pink. I wonder what the cumulative benefits are?

I am thinking about getting the "Big" one (this one is bigger than the "Universal" one Tanya sells) for the body/stomach area, since I have fallen off of doing the No Lipo massage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
I've been using mine a few times a day, several minutes at a time. My face definitely gets pink. I wonder what the cumulative benefits are?

I am thinking about getting the "Big" one (this one is bigger than the "Universal" one Tanya sells) for the body/stomach area, since I have fallen off of doing the No Lipo massage.

I dry brush and PMD on my body Ryan so I am no help on that, I am just using my small one (which looks massive on this laptop) on my face a few times a day. Like anything similar in idea it is massaging and brings blood flow to the upper layers of the skin which carries oxygen and nutrients with it, a very good thing IMHO. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I am using my face model to increase circulation and prepare me for my upcoming dermaroll. While it in no way compares to those sharp little needles of the dermaroller, I have already noticed that I can now press harder and am sneezing less when I do my forehead. This is exactly the type of desensitizing I was hoping for, but I really won't know if it works until I do my dermaroll in a month or so.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |