Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Stemulation skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
After reading all the rave reviews on this product prior to most jumping on the ISCO line, I decided to do a test trail on this vs RL. What got my attention was Lipglossdoll saying she has stuck with it for 2 years. While I am/was not intending to stop RL, I have while I test this to see how they compare. I got this on Friday and was going to wait until I finished my second bottle of RL before starting, but I still have 3/4 or more of a bottle left and my curiosity won out.

Previous thread that turned into reviews:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=38226

My only issue from get go is the serums in a white bottle, therefore, you cannot see when your going to run out. Not the end of the world if this is fantastic.

serum: is a creamy/serum. This sinks right in and I mean super fast for the first 2 uses, today it stayed were I could smooth it around a bit, but still sank right in. It has a light smell, a nice one, almost perfume but not, this fades quickly. It is not sticky at all.

Booster Cream: The cream is an exfoliant and recommended for night time use. This cream is very rich, a little bit, covers my entire face and my face is super hydrated. It leaves a slight tacky feel for awhile, yet when you run your hands on your face, its like you have a primer on, odd but nice. It does have an odor, not sure how to describe it, its not perfume, I guess medicinal would be more of the odor (playdoe comes to mind), it does hang around a bit, but does not offend me. Might be stronger to my nose than it really is, hubby has NOT noticed it at all.

I have used both products for 2 nights so I can not comment on any results. I also realise I have been on RL for 3.5 months and these results might be a bit mixed.

Lipglossdoll if you are reading this can you let us know your thoughts on this product. To stay on this product for 2 years means to me, you see results!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I look forward to your review, Tiny! I just read about the booster cream on TIA and it sounded like a really good product!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny, I can't wait to hear what you think!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I look forward to your review, Tiny! I just read about the booster cream on TIA and it sounded like a really good product!

I do like the booster cream a lot, even tho a bit tacky, the idea of it makes sense to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

I do like the booster cream a lot, even tho a bit tacky, the idea of it makes sense to me.

I have to say that I don't like the idea of a booster/accelerator - it means that you have to spend twice as much to get results. Reluma is a stand alone product, right?

I'll be interested to see how you think the products compare - although the Reluma results will surely overlap, so you may have to give it some time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I have to say that I don't like the idea of a booster/accelerator - it means that you have to spend twice as much to get results. Reluma is a stand alone product, right?

I'll be interested to see how you think the products compare - although the Reluma results will surely overlap, so you may have to give it some time.

Keliu, I think they all sell something like that. AA with the accelerator, Reluma has their cleanser and moisturizer that they sell, etc.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Tiny wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

RL is stand alone, but so is this if you prefer. The booster just helps, but not required. The booster prob helps not just for this product but for others, I would think. They do say for better results use the booster, but I do not think you have too.

My results will overlap, it will be a bit tricky to tell. I do know what I was seeing with RL, so we'll see if I see more with this. But if all stops working, then that answers that too.

The booster cream is strong and more of a "cream" where RL cream is more of a serum cream. I think some with sensitive skin would need to work into this cream, use only a few times a week, to adjust. It makes my skin feel as if I've done a great scrub, its very smooth.

eta: Rileys right they all sell a serum, cream, cleanser, ect. One can use one or all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:56 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Keliu, I think they all sell something like that. AA with the accelerator, Reluma has their cleanser and moisturizer that they sell, etc.

I know that cosmetic companies always suggest you use their entire line - obviously they want to up-sell. But I'm objecting to this trend of marketing two products which "must" be used together to achieve optimal/faster results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I know that cosmetic companies always suggest you use their entire line - obviously they want to up-sell. But I'm objecting to this trend of marketing two products which "must" be used together to achieve optimal/faster results.

I agree on marketing. But I must say, even if I do not see results from this serum, I might continue to use this cream as a night treatment. In just 5 uses (I've done morning night) The smoothness of my skin is great! It def exfoliates and smooths ones skin, my face feels like marble. Hope that lasts, too early to tell. If I end up that route, I'd use it 3x's a week as a treatment and that would be very cost effective, a jar would last ages. If I read ingredients right, it does not have the sc in it, so could be a stand alone product. The only prob with it for some, would be the medical smell.

ingred for booster:
BOOST INGREDIENTS: Water, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Caprylic Capric Triglycerides, Beta Glucan, Lactic Acid, Vitus Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-8, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Protein, Oxido Reductases, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Niacinamide, Methylsulfonylmethane, Panthenol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Abrica Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Extract, Silybum Marianum (Milk Thistle) Extract, Pinus Pinaster Bark (Maritime Pine) Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Sodium Lactate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-21, Laureth-4, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Agree!! I'm ok with product lines, but what I really object to is needing to use two products with the same primary active in order to achieve the optimal result. This was my big complaint with AA. I couldn't find any stem cell residual in the ingredients list for the Stemulation booster. I think this is more of an exfoliating product to assist with the penetration for the serum.

The reason I am ok with product lines is because I am willing to accept that some formulations should be kept simple so it might be nice to add a complimentary active and that requires using another product. It's also possible that the main product works best when your skin is at a certain ph, so a cleanser in the product line does make sense. But when I am paying a minimum of $100 for a product, I expect it to be well formulated and that means that the actives in the product should be loaded at their most effective level.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
But I must say, even if I do not see results from this serum, I might continue to use this cream as a night treatment. In just 5 uses (I've done morning night) The smoothness of my skin is great! It def exfoliates and smooths ones skin, my face feels like marble. Hope that lasts, too early to tell. If I end up that route, I'd use it 3x's a week as a treatment

Hi Tiny, I haven't heard of this line. I need to check into it. Do you think that the booster cream along with the PDM is to much exfoliation or that it would irritate the skin to much?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:36 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Tiny wrote:
But I must say, even if I do not see results from this serum, I might continue to use this cream as a night treatment. In just 5 uses (I've done morning night) The smoothness of my skin is great! It def exfoliates and smooths ones skin, my face feels like marble. Hope that lasts, too early to tell. If I end up that route, I'd use it 3x's a week as a treatment

Hi Tiny, I haven't heard of this line. I need to check into it. Do you think that the booster cream along with the PDM is to much exfoliation or that it would irritate the skin to much?

not sure, I did not do the pmd last weekend because I forgot, had a new great neice born, and did not do it this weekend since using this. But I think cutting it back to twice a month is fine with this. I will do it this week and see! Shock

Pandal, thats one thing I do like about this booster, its not required for more sc!!! It will help any product penetrate better is all (thats the claim). RL and LL both have sc in their creams, not sure if needed or just overkill or makes them all stand alone if need be, but it does make you think you need them both when they both have the ingredient.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Pandal, thats one thing I do like about this booster, its not required for more sc!!! It will help any product penetrate better is all (thats the claim). RL and LL both have sc in their creams, not sure if needed or just overkill or makes them all stand alone if need be, but it does make you think you need them both when they both have the ingredient.

Lifeline doesn't have a separate cream. They have a day serum and a night serum. The day serum contains a chemical sunscreen, so for people that perfer to use their own, they can use the night serum twice a day - but only one product at a time. Karenlee reports that the Lifeline company is developing a moisturizer, but we don't yet know if it contains the stem cell active - I sure hope not Crying or Very sad
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Tiny, let us know how the booster cream works when also using the PMD and your thoughts about the product line in general when you have more time to use it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Lifeline doesn't have a separate cream. They have a day serum and a night serum. The day serum contains a chemical sunscreen, so for people that perfer to use their own, they can use the night serum twice a day - but only one product at a time. Karenlee reports that the Lifeline company is developing a moisturizer, but we don't yet know if it contains the stem cell active - I sure hope not Crying or Very sad

I just keep screwing up LL info, so sry, not meaning too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've either gotten use to the smell of the booster or I was overly sensitive last weekend, the smell is not as strong or bothersome at all to me now. I do think it makes my face too tacky for daytime. I am really liking it for nighttime use, I get great moisture and my skin is super smooth with a marble like feel.

No huge wow to report on serum and I certainly would NOT expect any yet. Also no problems to report on it as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I know its super early and I woke up this morning thinking I like RL better, its thinner, and not tacky. Then I felt my face, then I went and looked at my face, while its not made a dent in any aging (way too soon), its very porcelain like, smooth as glass and not a pore in sight. which also makes it feel and look firmer. So booster is a keeper regardless of what else I ever use. Booster does not have sc in it, so easy to add to anything.

I did not have issues with pores to start, but this must be from the booster cream, the exfolliation taking place. I was wrong yesterday, it still does have a distinct smell to it, again not offensive, just not roses either. It is less tacky on me today as well. I had not used the pmd for a few weeks now, until a few minutes ago, so this is not due to the pmd.

RL serum vs. this one, this ones more creamy, I prefer the feel of the RL (only because not a creamy serum), but both sink in, I am clueless to effects that will take weeks to know and again will be a bit mixed with rl, due to length of time on that one.

Rl Cream vs. booster, Rl cream much thinner, not tacky, sinks right in, since so thin, I sometimes want more. Booster very thick, tacky, just a heavier cream, def do not need more than a small amount, so will last a long time. That said they do two completely different things. Boosters a treatment and exfoliant, Rl's a treatment and has the sc in it.

These two brands use two diff sc as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
its very porcelain like, smooth as glass and not a pore in sight. which also makes it feel and look firmer.

I did not have issues with pores to start, but this must be from the booster cream, the exfolliation taking place..

Hi Tiny, I am interested in the smooth pore less skin comment since this is one of my main concerns. I have made a lot of progress with it but there is still a lot to go. Could you see any of your pores before starting the booster cream/PMD or was it that you had pores but they were very small and not noticeable. In other words do you think this would help me decrease my pore size? Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Tiny wrote:
its very porcelain like, smooth as glass and not a pore in sight. which also makes it feel and look firmer.

I did not have issues with pores to start, but this must be from the booster cream, the exfolliation taking place..

Hi Tiny, I am interested in the smooth pore less skin comment since this is one of my main concerns. I have made a lot of progress with it but there is still a lot to go. Could you see any of your pores before starting the booster cream/PMD or was it that you had pores but they were very small and not noticeable. In other words do you think this would help me decrease my pore size? Thanks

I think the booster cream would help with pore size. Mine have never been an issue, here and there I could see pores on my nose, but never all over my face. So I can not say yes mine were visible and now not, I had not pmd'd prior to starting (I'd forgotten to the week before) and just used it today, no problems but the pmd definitely did more (one pass), or did less, this did more prior, hope that makes sense. Either way face is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy smooth and firmer. So that to me would say yes it would help with pore size. But for grins give me another week, to make sure this stays. I'll keep you posted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
CookieD wrote:
Tiny wrote:

I think the booster cream would help with pore size. Mine have never been an issue, here and there I could see pores on my nose, but never all over my face. So I can not say yes mine were visible and now not, I had not pmd'd prior to starting (I'd forgotten to the week before) and just used it today, no problems but the pmd definitely did more (one pass), or did less, this did more prior, hope that makes sense. Either way face is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy smooth and firmer. So that to me would say yes it would help with pore size. But for grins give me another week, to make sure this stays. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks Tiny. I'll keep an eye out for your review later. I have plenty of "back stock" to keep me busy. I haven't even used the PMD except once on my feet for a test.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I am only going to be able to use this at night, which bums me, its too sticky for daytime. Skin looks and feels great, but it remains tacky and makes makeup impossible for me. Hubby hugged me this morning and when he pulled away, he said our faces stuck Laughing Laughing ! Might be our high humidity here or the aloe in this, but it leaves a tacky film on my face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:57 am      Reply with quote
While I hate to only give something a week, since no way to tell if it works or not, this is just too tacky on me. I went and read all the previous reviews and only a few had this issue, most did not. I will keep using the booster at night at least 3x's a week, this cream, while tacky on me, definitely works to exfoliate better than any cream C or any concoction I've ever used. I will def keep the booster in my regimen. Its fast and effective.

I assume its the aloe or glycerin in this, I've never been able to use products with aloe in it in the past, but I forget that until I try again. It's actually been ages since I've tried too.

I know LoopyLori was going to try this too (since we both love the results were seeing from sc products, we'd like to make sure were on the best one for our skin), perhaps she will not have the tacky effects I did and can use it longer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I keep trying to give this a fair trail, but its just too thick on my face. Some may love it, but I find it wont settle in, stays too tacky on me.

But that said, I do love the results from the booster cream. It def helps other products penetrate.

I wish Lipstickdoll would chime in, on another thread she posted she has used this for several years, so she must love the results and the product to carry on for a few years.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am still using the serum. (I quit using the cream after the first pot.)

I alternate the Stemulation with Cellese. I use the Stemulation serum in evening , next night I use the Cellese.

Very Happy
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
Hi, I am still using the serum. (I quit using the cream after the first pot.)

I alternate the Stemulation with Cellese. I use the Stemulation serum in evening , next night I use the Cellese.

Very Happy

what results are you getting? And what made you stop the cream after first pot? Tacky?

Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |