Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Washing your face only once a day
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried washing their face only once a day? My skin is sooo dry and sensitive and I wonder if it might help to decrease the amount of washing.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Has anyone tried washing their face only once a day? My skin is sooo dry and sensitive and I wonder if it might help to decrease the amount of washing.

My skin isn't dry, exactly but it IS very sensitive. I've been tempted to do this, myself. Would you wash it at night after removing makeup and then just splash it with water in the morning? I think quite a few folks might do this. I use my Clarisonic brush in the morning or I would do this, myself. I can't use the brush twice a day; my skin is too sensitive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
When I was young (long ago) I asked my Aunt who was such a beauty ..how she took care of her skin... she told me she washed with soap at night but she only washed with water in the morning... very little intervention in general. Of course, she is older now but her skin, face, hair still so much better than you could expect. Maybe genetics, but I think sometimes less is more. She always felt that leaving natural oils was best in the morning.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I recall reading a while back, that IF YOU SKIN WAS VERY DRY, you could clean at night, and simply rinse in the morning. (It may have been in the skincare book written by Dr. Denise, but it was several years ago that I read this.) What I do is wash my face morning and night, but only rinse my neck in the morning, since my neck is drier than my face.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just started doing this like a week and a half ago...less really is more, my face feels like a baby's bottom haha! I rinse with cool water and then sunscreen then use my clarisonic at night.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:27 am      Reply with quote
The only real problem I can see would be if you used something super-reliant on absorption in the mornings (chemical sunscreen, sensitive topicals, whatever.) Maybe the little bit of extra sebum and dead skin cells that would have been removed by washing could create a thicker barrier. But if all you use in the morning is a moisturizer and/or physical sunscreen there's no issue at all.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:29 am      Reply with quote
This is what I do. If washing means using some cleanser besides just water, then I guess there are days I don't "wash" since I use plain water both day and night sometimes. I share my regimen in this discussion:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=44053
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
This is what I do. If washing means using some cleanser besides just water, then I guess there are days I don't "wash" since I use plain water both day and night sometimes.

Sometimes I do this, too. A wet/damp microfiber washcloth can help get your skin clean without the soap. Like Chlorophyll said, the only issue would be when you use a topical that your skin really needs to have all oil removed, but even at that, the microfiber works well.

I also really, really like this cleanser I get from Diana Yvonne.

http://www.dianayvonne.com/product/CSC22_4/Rose-Hip-Cleanser-4-oz.html

Also comes in 8oz.

I've used it for years and it doesn't dry my face out at all. It can be used twice per day but I just don't like washing my face with cleanser twice per day. After a while it feels like too much and I have to go back to just once or sometimes just the washcloth and water for a while.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Nonie aka AD wrote:
This is what I do. If washing means using some cleanser besides just water, then I guess there are days I don't "wash" since I use plain water both day and night sometimes.

Sometimes I do this, too. A wet/damp microfiber washcloth can help get your skin clean without the soap. Like Chlorophyll said, the only issue would be when you use a topical that your skin really needs to have all oil removed, but even at that, the microfiber works well.

I also really, really like this cleanser I get from Diana Yvonne.

http://www.dianayvonne.com/product/CSC22_4/Rose-Hip-Cleanser-4-oz.html

Also comes in 8oz.

I've used it for years and it doesn't dry my face out at all. It can be used twice per day but I just don't like washing my face with cleanser twice per day. After a while it feels like too much and I have to go back to just once or sometimes just the washcloth and water for a while.

Thank you for mentioning this...
I used the rose hip cleanser for a few years and it is a find. I had forgotten about it in the over abundance which is my bathroom. I'm glad it's still available.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I use OCM on my face at night and wash it with soap in the shower in the daytime. I have been blessed with skin that doesn't get too dry or too oily.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Though I used to wash my face twice a day,but I think it's ok to wash face just once a day. In the morning,you can use the water to clean the face without any cleanser.
av8128

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I started doing this about a year ago too! And now I only "thoroughly cleanse" my face when I am really groggy and in desperate need of a "waking up." I had oiler skin pre-25 and always woke up looking gross and puffy but now that I'm in my late 20s, I've noticed that my skin actually looks its very best fresh out of bed! It's soft and hydrated and the "oil" of my youth has now transformed into a most welcomed "glow". (LOL) If I wash my face, the freshness disappears so I've started to simply leave it as it is (then I'd just add on sunscreen and then a bit of makeup). Some people tell me they wash their faces religiously but I've discovered that that kind of strict regimen just doesn't work for me.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
cali1979 wrote:
Though I used to wash my face twice a day,but I think it's ok to wash face just once a day. In the morning,you can use the water to clean the face without any cleanser.

I use cleanser at night. In the morning I use water and washcloth. Spray ASG, Let dry. Dry brush and spray ASG and go from there with any other product.
I ordered Dianna Yvonne Rose Hip cleanser and it's on it's way. My favorite cleanser and Yubs reminded me.

5% products discount

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
I tried splashing my face only with water in the morning, or using a damp facecloth lightly. My skin was oilier in the day on my t-zone, but my skin felt no different besides this. I usually only do this once a week now, especially since I have started using a cleanser that maintains ph balance and doesn't disrupt my skin barrier (for the record I have acne and a ruined skin barrier).

My mother though has only washed her face with water, sometimes a cleanser if she wears makeup. Her skin is amazing. Sigh. I definitely didn't inherit her skin :/

HTH

*dream*
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Don't think it's nothing wrong if not using any cleanser in the morning but just a splash of water and wipe with water. I think it's pretty much depends on the weather and environment. Smile
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
After all the positive stories I think I'm going to try this. Will keep you guys updated. Thanks for all the feedback Very Happy
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
After all the positive stories I think I'm going to try this. Will keep you guys updated. Thanks for all the feedback Very Happy

I'd love to know how this works for you. I'm tempted to try it, myself. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Natural oils are great things. It is part of homeostasis - the way our body 'wants' to be. Washing with cleanser at night is to remove makeup and pollution, etc. Water and a nice microfiber will get rid of overnight sweat and similar basic residue. Just like not washing hair everyday, it's healthier.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I used to wash my face with aloe in the morning when my skin was having problems. Now I use a DIY creamy oil cleanser,my skin loves that little bit of oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:20 am      Reply with quote
sab wrote:
Don't think it's nothing wrong if not using any cleanser in the morning but just a splash of water and wipe with water. I think it's pretty much depends on the weather and environment. Smile

lots of men do that and they have better skin.. read a lady from another forum did that and she said her skin looked better

but what if you are wearing retinoids and moisturiser from the previous night? will there not be clog up?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Salome_B wrote:
sab wrote:

lots of men do that and they have better skin.. read a lady from another forum did that and she said her skin looked better

But what if you are wearing retinoids and moisturiser from the previous night? will there not be clog up?

Salome - Try it. Use a microfiber cloth and warm water. By morning your oils will have dissolved most of your product or it absorbed.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't washed my face in the morning for years. And I use a creamy cleanser at night with a microfiber cloth to remove sunscreen/makeup/etc. I like Clinique Comforting Cleansing Cream or DHC Cleansing milk.
zoebig
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:34 am      Reply with quote
My skin type is oily and I used to only wash my face once a day, it doesn't work for me.

I guess it works for those whose skin types are dry or very dry.
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:52 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Salome_B wrote:
sab wrote:

But what if you are wearing retinoids and moisturiser from the previous night? will there not be clog up?

Salome - Try it. Use a microfiber cloth and warm water. By morning your oils will have dissolved most of your product or it absorbed.

hmm does not help...
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:57 am      Reply with quote
No but men are different hormone wise, that’s why to a certain point they age better than us women, becaue they don’t get the MP etc and imbalances that we get. I think that also them shaving too is like an exfoliation, but the hormones etc are what ages us most I think and when they are imbalanced its like you can become 10 years older overnight if you ask me.
Salome_B wrote:
sab wrote:

but what if you are wearing retinoids and moisturiser from the previous night? will there not be clog up?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |