Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Exercises to Widen Face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RQW

Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys, how are you all?

I have quite a long face (8.25 inches long, 6.5 inches wide).

I've heard of Facercise exercises to widen your face.

Could somebody explain in detail exactly how to do the Facercise face widening exercises, or post a video of it?

And if you know of any other face widening exercises from which you've received good results, please let me know!

Thank you!
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I think the width of your face has a lot to do with you bone structure so that if you have a narrow frame, you will not get a wide face like say Angelina Jolie's. That said, I believe face exercises can make your face look as full as is naturally possible. I recently shared my own recent appreciation of that happening to me. But I was not really trying to get a fuller face since I didn't have any issues with my face. It sort of just crept up on me and the realization was a welcome surprise. You can see what I mean here.

I don't believe spot training will make a change in your face that you will be happy with. However, if you lay a good foundation with a comprehensive program, then you put your muscle in a good place for bonus exercises to have an effect. When I did Eva Fraser's workout, there were bonus exercises in the 1991 edition of her book that you could add on later to address issues like making a gaunt face fuller or making a round face narrower. But these I believe had an effect when your face muscles were already prepped by doing the main program.

So my advice is to research the programs available. Contact the founders with details of what you want to change and see what advice you get, then go with the program that resonates with you. You will find that many people who end up disappointed by face exercises are those who try to spot train. Face muscles are interconnected and what happens in one part of your face affects how other parts look. Not to mention that gravity is pulling everything down so I just imagine that if you build muscle in the lower part of your face without strengthening those in the upper part to support them and keep them up, you may end up with huge jowls as the bigger muscles exert a downward pull on your face.

Even massage as in a program like Facial Detox seems to have the effect of filling out the face, as seen in the before after photos below:

Image Image

Check out also the massage results of Sanford Bennett as seen in the images posted in the following thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=48426
hars99
5% products discount

Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have been looking for such exercises that could widen face. I actually contacted Facial Detox people to check if they have some exercises that could widen face. But to my disappointment, they informed ,they don't work towards Facial structural improvement.
Now I am just checking Facercise and Flexeffect to see if they offer that.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Facercise has an exercise called Face Widener so that may be good to try. Not sure FlexEffect has an exercise like that, but their exercises are good nonetheless!
hars99 wrote:
I have been looking for such exercises that could widen face. I actually contacted Facial Detox people to check if they have some exercises that could widen face. But to my disappointment, they informed ,they don't work towards Facial structural improvement.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Building muscle in the right places can definitely make your face look wider. Some women who feel their jaw is too wide have their masseter botoxed to reduce its action and width (just google botox masseter), and I've reduced the width of my jaw by stopping my teeth clenching habit.

So, if you want a wider jaw, really work on the masseter exercises (some programmes won't really be into this, as most women don't want a wider jaw, but I know Flexeffect has one).

If you want thicker mid cheeks, Flexeffect and Ageless have exercises for that, and all the essential 'lifting' exercises that work the upper cheek muscles will give you a more 'cheekbony' look - the one I'm keen on.

These programmes use facial resistance training: ie. real muscle building with your hands as 'weights', not just making a few expressions as some programmes do.

Also, study in the mirror how you hold your face. Do you let your jaw droop low, do you mouth-breathe? The latter problem can cause an unattractive long-faced look, and is best resolved by checking for dustmite or other allergies and dealing with those.

Overall though: there is nothing wrong or unttractive about a narrow face. Some great beauties have narrow faces, eg. Jerry Hall. Maybe a bit of facial resistance training in the right spots will just lift and widen a few areas for you.
FantasticMrMe

Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a guy who had a relatively thin face and an untoned jawline. I've been practicing facial exercises for almost 2 years now and exceedingly pleased with the results (as are other people, I've noticed Wink ). The one exercise to strengthen the jawline, widen the face, and suck up the saggy double chin underneath that I've found most effective was from a book (which I've now forgotten the title and author of, but it wasn't Carol Maggio, and I'm not sure if it's still in print), but....

If rest your chin on your fist and press down with your jaw until your jaw is fully extended, using your fist to apply pressure/tension, like lifting a weight - do that until your jaw is tired (mine is about 45 "reps"). Then give your jaw 5-10 min. of rest and do it again until you've completed about 3 sets. Then I give my face 4 days to a week to recover before I do it again. I'm getting to the point where I like how it looks and am only doing maintenance reps occasionally as needed.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
FantasticMrMe wrote:
I'm a guy who had a relatively thin face and an untoned jawline. I've been practicing facial exercises for almost 2 years now and exceedingly pleased with the results (as are other people, I've noticed Wink ). The one exercise to strengthen the jawline, widen the face, and suck up the saggy double chin underneath that I've found most effective was from a book (which I've now forgotten the title and author of, but it wasn't Carol Maggio, and I'm not sure if it's still in print), but....

If rest your chin on your fist and press down with your jaw until your jaw is fully extended, using your fist to apply pressure/tension, like lifting a weight - do that until your jaw is tired (mine is about 45 "reps"). Then give your jaw 5-10 min. of rest and do it again until you've completed about 3 sets. Then I give my face 4 days to a week to recover before I do it again. I'm getting to the point where I like how it looks and am only doing maintenance reps occasionally as needed.

Do you mean like this?

And then move down the jaw seperating the teeth from each other.Right?
Do you apply more with the fist or just let it there?[/img]

5% products discount

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:24 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Facercise has an exercise called Face Widener so that may be good to try. Not sure FlexEffect has an exercise like that, but their exercises are good nonetheless!
hars99 wrote:

Yah there was video of facercise's face widener on youtube year back and tried that for some time and i felt that i was working. But I skipped in exercise in b/w n forgot how it works now. I am ordering ultimate facercise dvd now since that video is no longer available on youtube. Hopefully it would give some results. Thanks
hars99
5% products discount

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:29 am      Reply with quote
FantasticMrMe wrote:

Nice to know that you can see results doing those exercises. It would be great if you could tell name of book bz facercise flexeffect ageless n facial detox are popular ones i have heard of.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |