Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Discussion to create BEST, EVIDENCE BASED SKIN CARE REGIME
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Topical Skin RNA blend. (Filtered water with RNA nucleotides. Improves levels of RNA nucleotides in skin, preventing DNA degradation and optimising healthy gene expression). Apply 3 drops to face.

As a scientist, the topical "RNA blend" sounds completely specious and ridiculous. One: what RNA's are they using, what genes are being targeted, how are they claiming to deliver the RNAs to the skin, what species were they extracted from, etc. It's highly implausible that they are turning on or off particular genes. We are only barely starting to understand what regulatory RNAs do...believe me, if we had it more figured out, you'd likely see drugs based on RNAs before you'd see skin care products based on RNAs.

Second, there are RNAses (molecules that cut up RNAs into pieces) everywhere, so any RNAs would be rapidly degraded unless stored in the freezer and with RNAse inhibitors present in the lotion. That is, RNAs are very unstable.

Everything else I believe has some merit or level of "science" in some shape or form behind it.

I hope this helps and was what you were looking for in terms of feedback on your list Smile

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:33 am      Reply with quote
You might change your Soltan suncream for the new TPF50 available at the end of march which supposedly prevents DNA helix distortions.Made by elizabeth arden I believe it will be Rx in the US-you can read evidence etc in march issue of journal of drugs and dermatology (JDD)
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:06 am      Reply with quote
William,

But RNAs are in all the foods that you eat. Honestly, a few grams of extra food per day would give you more than 5 mcg of RNA/DNA/nucleotides. I think you're better off eating more veggies than using this product, which seems specious to me. Have they done any clinical studies on their product? To me, if they haven't, I wouldn't use it due to the nature of the product (the fact that they say there are "proprietary" nucleotides in it). I'm more stringent about needing to seeing clinical studies on something if it's an isolated compound (whether in regards to eating or skin care), than a whole food. Because the more isolated something is, the more drug-like effects (for better or for worse) it is likely to have.

I don't know if you know this but RNAs ARE capable of effectively turning on and off genes.

For example, rice RNAs, especially in Asian populations, appear to be turning on/off a few of our genes. Crazy but yet neat at the same time!

Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |