Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

michael mosley"s fast diet plan
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:58 am      Reply with quote
We have just started our first week of his 5:2 eating /lifestyle plan.Has anyone else been doing this?
I am also incorporating the HIT exercise as well.

I am not particularly wanting to loose much weight more like live more healthily and loose some of those inches off my waist and thighs!

So far so good, Ive even got the DH doing it too, he's been wanting to do it but not got to together. Now is the time! Anyone else?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:59 am      Reply with quote
We? Who are we?I smell another unfortunate submissive husband(paying for the stuff you mention in your signature)...

Anyway sounds like a scam and a waste of space in this forum...

People are all after diet plans and whats modern in the health industry fashion...

The correct diet will always be fruits,vegetables,herbs,probiotics,and soaked seeds and nuts...
All raw...

The faster you throw your kitchen the faster you will gain back health and correct weight..

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
I smell another unfortunate submissive husband(paying for the stuff you mention in your signature)...

That evil vixen Sylvia is no doubt at this moment towering over her whimpering husband in 6 inch spike heels and black leather, ordering him to key in yet another EDS online order, in between whip lashes. Shame on you Sylvia! Laughing
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:00 am      Reply with quote
oh how did you guess? Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:28 am      Reply with quote
If i were him,i would just buy you some avocados to slather on your face...

Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Starving yourself and doing extreme exercise isn't the answer; you're only wrecking your metabolism. Read Ari Whitten's Forever Fatloss and learn the secrets of weight management.

I personally would divorce anyone who made me do intervals, tabata or even just a burpee. Hope it all works out for you. Smile
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:29 am      Reply with quote
This is not a starving yourself plan nor is it an extreme exercise plan either! And just to clarify, it was actually my DHs idea first ( not that it has anything to do with it) and I just did the reading for it.
It actually has a lot of research behind it and please do read the books.
This is not a fad.
It is much more a lifestyle thing relating to insulin levels, sensitivities , and health.

(And as I said before I am not doing this for weight loss either)

BTW I feel great on it.

(also, I have always eaten a large part of my diet as raw, but many nutrients cannot be accessed by the body properly without cooking, e.g. lycopene and some carotenes)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Maybe it was the "fast" part that threw ppl off, Sylvia. Its not fast weight loss, its fasting, as in, not eating for a period of time, right?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/29/michael-mosley-the-fast-diet-intermittent-fasting-uk-pbs_n_2977893.html

I agree: controlling insulin levels is key to maintaining health and longevity. And skin benefits too!

IIRC there are others here doing the Eat, Stop, Eat thing too. Much of our eating is just a habit and new healthier habits can be formed, with effort. Good luck and let us know your progress!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:05 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Maybe it was the "fast" part that threw ppl off, Sylvia. Its not fast weight loss, its fasting, as in, not eating for a period of time, right?

It is not complete fasting - they recommend 500 calories for women/600 for men on the 2 'fast' days and normal eating on the other 5 days. BBC 'Horizon' did a programme with Michael Moseley where he tried it and it worked well for him. (He also put himself through interval training for another programme - which again worked well for him).

I have recently been trying to do it to get rid of manifestation of recent feasting Very Happy but I get to the afternoon of 'fast' days and find I have eaten rather more than 500 calories (because I am often working from home, near the fridge!!). However, I find that any reduction in food 2 days out of 5 has some effect.
havana8

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:58 am      Reply with quote
It reminds me of these threads on intermittent fasting:

Intermittent Fasting for Health & Beauty
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45380

Intermittent Fasting for HGH and Fat Loss
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=42817
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I found this scientific article on modified fasting--pretty much identical to the 5:2 plan--showing that it is slightly more effective at improving certain aspects of health than cutting calories every day of the week.

It's a 6 month study with a 25% calorie reduction in both groups but
* One group reduced calories to an average of 540 calories a day 2 times a week
* The other group reduced calories every day

I didn't realize that there was published research on a 5:2-style diet. But it looks like the research was done before Mosley even published his book:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20921964

Int J Obes (Lond). 2011 May;35(5):714-27. doi: 10.1038/ijo.2010.171. Epub 2010 Oct 5.
The effects of intermittent or continuous energy restriction on weight loss and metabolic disease risk markers: a randomized trial in young overweight women.
Harvie MN1, Pegington M, Mattson MP, Frystyk J, Dillon B, Evans G, Cuzick J, Jebb SA, Martin B, Cutler RG, Son TG, Maudsley S, Carlson OD, Egan JM, Flyvbjerg A, Howell A.
Author information
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
The problems of adherence to energy restriction in humans are well known.
OBJECTIVE:
To compare the feasibility and effectiveness of intermittent continuous energy (IER) with continuous energy restriction (CER) for weight loss, insulin sensitivity and other metabolic disease risk markers.
DESIGN:
Randomized comparison of a 25% energy restriction as IER (∼ 2710 kJ/day for 2 days/week) or CER (∼ 6276 kJ/day for 7 days/week) in 107 overweight or obese (mean (± s.d.) body mass index 30.6 (± 5.1) kg m(-2)) premenopausal women observed over a period of 6 months. Weight, anthropometry, biomarkers for breast cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and dementia risk; insulin resistance (HOMA), oxidative stress markers, leptin, adiponectin, insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1 and IGF binding proteins 1 and 2, androgens, prolactin, inflammatory markers (high sensitivity C-reactive protein and sialic acid), lipids, blood pressure and brain-derived neurotrophic factor were assessed at baseline and after 1, 3 and 6 months.
RESULTS:
Last observation carried forward analysis showed that IER and CER are equally effective for weight loss: mean (95% confidence interval ) weight change for IER was -6.4 (-7.9 to -4.Cool kg vs -5.6 (-6.9 to -4.4) kg for CER (P-value for difference between groups = 0.4). Both groups experienced comparable reductions in leptin, free androgen index, high-sensitivity C-reactive protein, total and LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure and increases in sex hormone binding globulin, IGF binding proteins 1 and 2. Reductions in fasting insulin and insulin resistance were modest in both groups, but greater with IER than with CER; difference between groups for fasting insulin was -1.2 (-1.4 to -1.0) μU ml(-1) and for insulin resistance was -1.2 (-1.5 to -1.0) μU mmol(-1) l(-1) (both P = 0.04).
CONCLUSION:
IER is as effective as CER with regard to weight loss, insulin sensitivity and other health biomarkers, and may be offered as an alternative equivalent to CER for weight loss and reducing disease risk.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Sylvia:

How are you doing? Feeling well I hope.

Link here to books if anyone is interested. I always like to check the local library first. (Save some money and spend it on necessary items from EDS!)

http://www.amazon.ca/FastDiet-Weight-Healthy-Intermittent-Fasting/dp/1476734941/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410646737&sr=8-1&keywords=fast+diet+by+michael+mosley

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I found out about Mosley through this Mercola youtube video. Very entertaining guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pa_ywQV_Pc
Here he gives examples of the "fast" days meals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw4RtHMmBtk&list=PL89vtAHrKAkeMCWK3jZM5QrDCnIjE7K2n&index=1

He works for the BBC. Here's the video on his version of HIIT :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7-h_w7bJrU

It doesn't take much time to familiarize yourself with this way of losing weight, even without his book. As I noted, the guy is absolutely not dull.
He had to cut down his fasting days to one day because he was looking too gaunt. So you need to watch out for this.
I don't follow his method because I'm an intermittent faster naturally.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Personally I find it easier to go a whole day without food than stick to 500 calories on fast days. It's easier than counting calories and means you don't have to stop for meals.

I normally fast one day a week (no food at all) and skip dinner another day a week. My body likes fasting and I've been doing this on and off since I was 16.

Sometimes I'll fast two days a week in warm weather, but I often don't fast at all in cold weather, I find it a bit hard to do then.

A lot of people are concerned that their metabolism will slow if they fast but many studies have shown that the metabolism does not begin to slow until the body has been without any calories for 48 hours, so a one day fast should be safe for anyone who does not have a medical condition, or any problems with blood sugar regulation.

Use common sense and check with your doctor first. I will say that fasting without any food (especially going without caffeine) will give you a headache, particularly when you first start. Also the better your diet in general, the easier you will find fasting.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |