Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PRP as filler...?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Gruffalo
5% products discount

Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
(not sure if posted in right section)

Has anyone any experience or insights as to the efficacy of platelet-rich plasma used as a filler for loss of volume? A local Dr has suggested this as an option in my tear trough area and I came across a couple of peer-reviewed studies (use in nasio-labial folds), but first-hand accounts would also be really reassuring... Thanks
Gruffalo
5% products discount

Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Apologies the studies related to platelet-rich fibrin matrix, not PRP.
havana8

Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Here are a few threads that might be of interest:

Platelet-rich plasma rejuvenation (PRP)
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34350

Vampire Facelift yesterday....
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46112

Smile
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
what is platelet rich fibrin matrix?

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
https://www.oapublishinglondon.com/article/512

If you google it, there are quite a few entries. I thought this one was a good explanation.
Gruffalo
5% products discount

Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for those links. How frustrating no real conclusive results. I wouldn't mind the money being wasted so long as no negative side effects, which seem not to be reported... I will speak again with the Dr, if it could address my sunken eyes I'd be delighted. I always worry sooner or later I will do something that makes my face fall off!!!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I plan to get more Restylane in my tear troughs soon. It works and isn't that expensive if your doc is having a special. The only other thing that works is fat injections but you need someone with a lot of experience doing that, generally an oculoplastic surgeon. I haven't heard good things about Vampire Facelift. Seems far too subtle for the expense and trouble involved.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I think I will wait on this new process. In the past fillers with any kind of permanent component have been notorious for causing lumps of encapsulated material. Who knows, maybe this will be THE ONE, but I hesitate to be a guinea pig for something this new.

Softskin, I have had fat injections twice, and the retention is NOT good. It is also quite an expensive procedure. I went with fat injection because my instinct said that something taken from my own body would be the least invasive and most healthy choice. Since changing to fillers I really prefer HA injections because they are not permanent, but still offer a reasonably long correction. Plus, you can tweak the results over a few visits. HA is a naturally occurring component in skin, and younger skin has a lot more.

I know a lot of us will be following the development of this new treatment.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:45 am      Reply with quote
The first time I had Restylane, the oculoplastic surgeon put half a vial in and said to come back in about a month. Then he used the rest up.

A year or two later a different oculoplastic surgeon used half a vial (I didn't know I could even get the smaller size) and said it was enough.

Now it's been maybe two years later and I need something but when I saw my derm nurse who does all my botox and fillers in other areas, she said I didn't need any in the troughs yet. I had read that Restylane was buildable but she said no.

This was about three months ago. She told me she was training in a new technique that, instead of several pricks across the top of the cheekbone in the trough, which causes bruising, she would inject once at the outer edge and work the product toward the inner corner/edge of the trough. If I understood her correctly. Has anyone had it done this way?

I feel like I need something in the area but perhaps she only has the larger sized vials so said not now. I didn't think to ask her. If that is the case I will wait till there is a sale and then use leftover product to fill my acne scars.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Some docs will store a partial vial dedicated to a patient for future injections. If you ask maybe yours will do that for you.

The needle end of the syringe is easily removed and it can be stored while retaining sterility.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
Some docs will store a partial vial dedicated to a patient for future injections. If you ask maybe yours will do that for you.

As I mentioned above, I did that for the initial fill but since then I haven't needed as much. It would be a waste of money because it expires after three months. When I go for botox next month I will ask her if she plans to stock the half-size vials in the future. I have a feeling there is no demand because people don't even know they make smaller sizes.

I'm interested in hearing if anyone has tried the technique I described, did they have less bruising, did it fill the same, more painful, etc.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Aha! Just found this in realself.com discussing techniques.
http://www.realself.com/question/best-method-for-injecting-around-tear-trough-area
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin she may be learning how to use a cannula. That is a large long needle like end put onto the vial that is blunt ended. You use a needle to make one puncture point then the cannula is inserted into that hole. A whole series of areas can be done through that one point. As the cannula is blunt there is less trauma to the tissue so less likelihood of bruising, also less chance of injecting into a vessel by mistake.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
A whole series of areas can be done through that one point. As the cannula is blunt there is less trauma to the tissue so less likelihood of bruising, also less chance of injecting into a vessel by mistake.

That sounds familiar. She might have told me that. I told her that I didn't want to be her first patient after learning that new technique!
MayaEk

Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I did 3 treatments of PRP in Bangkok/Thailand (lived there for 10 months). I did my treatment at a clinic called SK clinics. The treatments were 1 month apart. The first treatment was done by the founder of the clinic. She was really good and I combined the treatment with 15 units of botox around my eyes. I wanted to address dark circles around my eyes and nasolabial lines. I had a long discussion with the doctor and told her that I want a natural look specially with the botox. When they extracted the plasma the doctor added cheep placenta and a growth factor to achieve a better result.

After the first treatment, my face was a bit swollen but nothing noticeable. The area around my eyes felt really great. I loved myself. A month later I had another appointment and I was expecting the same doctor. But according to the clinic, she was abroad and another doctor preformed the treatment. She ended up puncturing a vein under my left eye and I ended up with a bruised eye for over a month and a dark circle that took about 6 months to fade. My face looked great and plumped.

On my third visit I booked an appointment and told the clinic that I want the first doctor. Once again, I had the wrong doctor. I showed her my bruised eye, she apologized and injected something that is supposed to heal the bruising. I was also planning to have a botox treatment around my eyes. This time to compensate her mistake she added more plasma in my cheeks than I wanted. I was very clear that I want only on the nasolabial fold and around my eyes. She also injected the botox on the wrong spot under my right eye, I ended up with a bit of sagging in my lower eyelid and a wrinkle. My cheeks was extremely swollen for 3 weeks, and I ended up with hollow eyes and dark circles. Now 4 months later, the botox is gone, my face looks good, I lost some weight my face is thinner, but overall I am pretty satisfied with the result. My nasolabial folds are less visible, the crowfeet around my eyes are back but overall my face looks fresh. I do plan to go back for new treatments soon but with the first doctor. 3 treatments cost me 9 999 thai baht (300USD).
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like a nightmare. Your experience shows that it's the injector who is the magic ingredient, not the clinic.

Going to another country wouldn't be cost effective for most people since there would be airfare and hotel costs.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |