Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
color of vivier vit c 10%
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sats
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a new one.Its not absolutely trasnparent like the skinceuticals I havd tried.This seems to have very slight yellow tinge.Is it ok?
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
C serums should be clear. Does the solution have any water in it? Does it have an expiry date on it? I'm sure others will weigh in with what color it should start out being.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Is is straight C serum, or the 10% with Kinetin?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering as I hear so much about Vitamin C serums if I am in my early 20's how will using a vitamin C serum help me?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:43 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Just wondering as I hear so much about Vitamin C serums if I am in my early 20's how will using a vitamin C serum help me?

Vitamin C does a nuber of things for our skin. Vitamin C protects against aging and solar damage, including the development of colour irregularities and the development of various types of skin cancer. For these reason alone, it is worth using while in your twenties. We don't have to wait until later to correct problems, we can try to stop them before they happen. Also, once inside the skin cell, it but stimulates collagen production...which could also been seen as a preventitive measure.
sats
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Faith,its the straight vit c 10%.
Betterat40,I agree.I was disappointed when I saw that it had a slight yellow tinge.Infact,I remember mabsy saying that hers didnot turn yellow as fast as SK2.That was one of the reasons I went for vivier.I hope she gets to see this msg and give her 2 cents.DO you use sk2?How many months does it last w/out oxidizing?
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
No, I use the cellularskinrx C+ serum. It's a glycol base so it never turns. I've gone through about three bottles and have yet to see it turn. However, just to see if it will turn - I have put a few drops on paper and left them overnight to see if the L-AA would oxidize and sure enough, the paper spots will be amber/brown by the next morning.
Mabsy

Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Of all the C serums that I have tried, not a single one was perfectly clear when I got it. I've tried Cellex-C, Skinceuticals, Vivier, CellularSkinRx, Ultraceuticals and SircuitSkin (and proably some more i can't remember). Each one is clear in the sense that it is see through, but each one also has a yellowy tinge to them. In some it's darker than in others. From what I recall the Vivier and CSRx were only ever so slightly yellowy. They *will* still turn darker though if you are not careful. I am very careful with my Vivier and I tightly cap it and keep it in a dark place. When I used the CSRx serum it came in a little 5ml squeeze tube (it was a sample) and it used to go dark orange around the tip where it was most exposed to air. So the bottom line is that they will all eventually change color, but some do it quicker than others. I'm currently trying to get through the SircuitSkin C serum (almost there!). It's been open for about 4 months now and it's now darkish fluorescent yellow. I actually don't like the serum itself (it separates and has done so right from the start) but I want to actually properly finish it. Next in line is Cellex-C (I have a bottle that I haven't opened but has a use-by date in July this year). Then I'm going back to Vivier - still the best I have tried so far.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering...
I'm using Vivier serum 10 and my bf has been complaining about the smell... he asked me to shop using it haha coz he cant stand it..

any of you have the same problem??? Confused
Mabsy

Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Let me go check....

It does have a scent but I actually quite like it. For some reason I think "sesame" when I smell it, but I could be *way* off. If it was on my face I probably wouldn't notice it. Because I put it on my wrist though I can get a really good whiff of it. After it sits on the skin for a while the scent does change a bit but it's *really* faint and I don't find it offensive at all.

I also need to say now that I have just had a look at my Vivier 10% Serum sample (I've finished off my full sizes and got a sample in my EDS parcel recently) and it is clearer than any other serum I have seen before (including my previous Vivier serums). I think I still see a slight tinge to it but I'm really trying to here! So, perhaps it just depends on the batch. You would expect that the serum would darken a bit even if unopened because there is still air in the bottle. Just grasping at straws here.... I have an unopened bottle of Cellex-C serum here as well but I'm not ready to open it just yet Embarassed I'll let you know in a couple of weeks time when I get started using it.
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Silly question,would it help to refrigerate it? Smile
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy ,I'm fine with the smell also , probably because it's on my face so i have to like it Very Happy
But because it's not on my bf's face so he doesnt like it haha ( i think )
sats
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,I remember my sk was absolutely transparent when i got it.So,thats why I was concerned.
christine, I am ok with the smell too.Infact,I did not notice it untill you mentioned.
red,I don't think one should refrigerate.I dunno why,though!
Would it help if we aliquot into small sample bottles?Of course,this is under my assumption that they oxidize on exposure to air.
Will vit c actually damage the skin in the oxidized state?I don't mind it doing nothing but I definitely don't want it to be detrimental.I remember vaguely,reading somewhere.I am trying to place the link / book.I will let y'all know when I do.
I have a feeling that these yellowed products leave a slight tinge on the face.Do any of you think that?
Mabsy

Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently splitting it up into sample bottles does nothing. Someone here did an experiment a while ago where she had a "frequent use" bottle and another bottle/s (could have even been refrigerated) that she was filling up from. It all ended up being the same color. I'll see if I can find that post...

ETA: It waz Liz that experimented with it.

abejita wrote:
When I read the post about keeping the C in the fridge, I thought man, that is a great idea. So I went get my little sample vials (that I keep for traveling) and my large bottle of C. And guess what! The serum in each was the same color! I use the large bottle everyday and I have used the travel vial only once for a week. I guess that once it is exposed to air, it starts oxidizing and it doesn't really matter how much (within reason) it is exposed after. For example, if you had two bottles and you opened them both and the same time. Then you put one of them away and used the other everyday. After a couple of months, the two bottles will still have oxidated at the same rate.

I bought this bottle (and received the sample vial) in February. They are both the color of very light golden honey right now. I was curious so I emailed SkinCeuticals and asked them what the shelf life was. They said that it was a year after you opened it and that the serum would turn a deep deep golden brown.

Liz

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2039
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |