Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

i have an old and damaged skin, plzzz help!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ejay90
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Hello, my name is Abe and im from Canada, im Male, 27 years old, and my skin looks old, and damaged and it completely lost its elasticity! i used to expose myself before to the sun and used the PC for several hours. Also my nose and front part of my cheeks is always red or light red, i went to see a dermatologist, and u know what they usally do, just check there big dictionary and give u whatever they think its ok with there knowledge. I took metronidazole, I took Roacutane ( concentrated vitamin A pills) I took antibiotics and I took some other ceams...it just made my skin WORST!
Now heres the list of problems i have:
1- redness on nose and front part of cheeks.
2- loss of elasticity and cant even laugh or else my wrinkles get more pronounced, skin looks veryyyyy old and damaged, lost its natural color.
3- they say use Dove, but it still makes my skin veryyyyyyy dry...I used Dormer211 to hydrate my skin, cuz i have a dry skin.
4- Under my eyes its Super dark and specially very wrinkled, i mean when u see my body and compare it to my face...they dont seem to fit together. Body skin from neck to toe is ok!

Now I wish to find a solution to all this in 1 or 2 products, that really WORKS and that I wont have to take all my life...I dont want to spend hundreds of $$$. And also is Dormer211 good to hydrate my skin, cuz i cant use it all over my face or it will burn my eyes!!! OUCH! I completely changed my lifestyle, drink alot of water, eat alot of healthy food, heck, i spent summer eating carrots everyday like a rabbit. I stoped eating junk foods...etc...
if u can answer each problems specifically, it would be great, and thnx alooooooot in advance for all ur advice!
Abe
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Hello there. If you live in Canada, try the Elizabeth Grant serums. Theres an am and pm serum and eye serum. You can see the line up at tsc.com. Also check the EG website, but its less expensive to purchase on the shopping channel. They are very good for your type of skin problems, all skin types and will balance out your skin and won't cost a fortune either. Men love this product.
ejay90
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:31 am      Reply with quote
hello! thnx for the reply, is that natural ?
and does it really works?? thnx again for ur reply, very appreciated!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:14 am      Reply with quote
too mmuch sun can really damage ur skin! I would suggest getting dermalogica gentle soothing booster. It's for sensitive skin and it will reduce the redness you have on your skin as well as hydrate it. Stay away from really harsh cleansers since it can dry out your skin, a good and gentle cleanser is dermalogica ultracalming cleanser.
G'luck
ejay90
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:16 am      Reply with quote
thnx alot for ur reply, for the reply just before, im not sure if that Elizabeth line is that good, judging by this link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1081 ...im afraid i cant trust her products!
ejay90
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:21 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
too mmuch sun can really damage ur skin! I would suggest getting dermalogica gentle soothing booster. It's for sensitive skin and it will reduce the redness you have on your skin as well as hydrate it. Stay away from really harsh cleansers since it can dry out your skin, a good and gentle cleanser is dermalogica ultracalming cleanser.
G'luck

thnx again for reply, will that also heal damaged skin...i was wondering if theres a way to "remove" this old damaged skin, so a new one ca appear, is that possible?!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
^ you can remove older skin by microdermabrasion. It is quite costly though and you cant just see results in one session, you would have to get it about 6 times or so depending on how damaged your skin is.
You would have to go to an esthician for this.
What microdermabrasion does is they use a device on your skin to remove the top layer of your skin, to reveal the skin underneath. They use this procedure for a number of things such as sun damage, acne scars, wrinkles etc.
But remember, you cant really see much results the first session
Gwynnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
The red spots sound like stressed out minor roseacea. Are the red spots also dry and slightly flaky?

If you have sensitive skin, micro dermabrasion is a no-no. I'm not sure how early roseacea without reactive skin would handle dermabrasion. I'd be too afraid of broken capilaries which will make you even redder.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:10 am      Reply with quote
This isn't the answer that you're looking for, but I agree 100% with BCgirl. You sound like the ideal candidate for a series of microdermabrasions. I'm not convinced that you can address all of your concerns in just one or two inexpensive products. However, you might be able to use less products, and less expensive products, after the microdermabrasions have restored your skin to where it should be.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
hello again, thnx for ur answers...but thats alittle expensive to me. I know i will get old one day or another, so its basically useless to invest such amount of money, just want to look normal for my age, and not older...Appearance is not my priority but, i need to take care of my skin alittle, like i do for my teeth..etc..
proposing such treatments is out of my lead...my point is, i need something that can reduce this redness, that can moisturise my skin ver well, and can reduce wrinkles and give my skin back its elasticity, but specially take away the dark color and wrinkles under my eyes!!! thank u all for ur help! and im looking forward for more suggestions.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I think you need Vitamin-C serum. With continue use, it gives skin a glow that all the marks would be less visiable. Vit-C is also good for winkles and it exfoliates a little bit. Would also help with elasticity and prevent future winkles. Since you have sensitive skin, you might want to start with a low % of Vitamin-C. I would suggest JB C&C or Vivier 10%.

Edited to add that you can add Olay's home microdermabration kit to help you reveal newer skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Just getting the skin hydrated will help too. I had what I thought were some awful deep lines but turned out to be very shallow lines after I really worked at keeping my skin moist. A good moisturizer used religously will make quiet a difference.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
I think you need Vitamin-C serum. With continue use, it gives skin a glow that all the marks would be less visiable. Vit-C is also good for winkles and it exfoliates a little bit. Would also help with elasticity and prevent future winkles. Since you have sensitive skin, you might want to start with a low % of Vitamin-C. I would suggest JB C&C or Vivier 10%.

Edited to add that you can add Olay's home microdermabration kit to help you reveal newer skin.

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/07/56/09/60/0007560960260_500X500.jpg is that it? and does it really works? are there any better kits ?
thnx for the reply!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yes that's it. I have not tried it yet but there was a thread not too long ago reviewing it and many other have had great success with it.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9195&highlight=olay

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing nothing personal, but you seem to be begging for help, only to then slam any repies. odd. I find on here to any good reports of products, one can ALWAYS find others that the products don't work on. As far as EG's products, I can personally attest to the fact they do mosturize, as far as miracles, when and if you do find it please share, we'd all like to find that. BEST OF LUCK
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
well if microdermabrasion is too expensive for you....you should definately invest in a good skincare regime. Washing your face with soap may be too drying for your skin...so a gentle cleanser like spectrogel (for sensitive skin) or cetephil where you can find in any drugstore and very inexpensive. Also an exfoliator that you can use a couple times a week to take off the dead skin from the surface.
The Dermalogica Gentle soothing Booster which i recommended earlier is a bit pricey, about $60 for a little bottle (however, the little bottle lasts a long time) I used to have sensitive skin with red undertones, but i use the gentle soothing booster after i wash my face and it has really helped with my redness as well as it hydrates my skin.
ejay90
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
well if microdermabrasion is too expensive for you....you should definately invest in a good skincare regime. Washing your face with soap may be too drying for your skin...so a gentle cleanser like spectrogel (for sensitive skin) or cetephil where you can find in any drugstore and very inexpensive. Also an exfoliator that you can use a couple times a week to take off the dead skin from the surface.
The Dermalogica Gentle soothing Booster which i recommended earlier is a bit pricey, about $60 for a little bottle (however, the little bottle lasts a long time) I used to have sensitive skin with red undertones, but i use the gentle soothing booster after i wash my face and it has really helped with my redness as well as it hydrates my skin.

Ok the exfoliator ur talking about is the Dermalogica product? or is it another product?
and Dermalogica that u mentioned before, is that a dailty moisturiser? thnx again for all ur help!
Gwynnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant is safe enough for sensitive skin types, even I don't react to it and I react to everything including the asprin mask Sad . It can be bought through EDS.

As to moisturizer, Dermalogica makes several. Is your skin dry or just dehydrated? They also make a hydrating mask that seems to help.

The nice thing about Dermalogica is it doesn't smell "girly". I've even gotten my fiance switched to using it.

Sorry if I go on about this line, I'm just most familiar with it and not many people have bad reactions to it. It seems to be the only line I can use anymore without turning bright red, painful, and flaky (think chemical peel raw without the benefits).

Either way you go, the important thing is to remember that there is no miracle products to fix all of your concerns. Pick easy, sensible routine and you'll see improvement.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Laughing nothing personal, but you seem to be begging for help, only to then slam any repies. odd. I find on here to any good reports of products, one can ALWAYS find others that the products don't work on. As far as EG's products, I can personally attest to the fact they do mosturize, as far as miracles, when and if you do find it please share, we'd all like to find that. BEST OF LUCK

Sorry i dont mean to slam or reject anyones help, im just confused...im new to all these products. EG's products, what are those???
ejay90
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
so far, u suggest for red reducing and daily moisturizing formula and for elasticity skin regain: The Dermalogica Gentle soothing Booster. I will try that.
And for removing my old damaged sking, I should use that Olay Skin kit.
Now the Vitamin C serum is for???
and what can i use to remove dark and specially wrinkles under my eyes?
I started over a year now, changing my life style completely, i dont drink softdrinks, or eat choclate, nor junk food...i try to eat fruits and vegs everyday. I know i neglected my beautiful skin over the years...Oh God plz, give me another chance, i will change promise!
thnx again for all ur help, very appreciated...I will take pics of my face now. and post them later on this thread, so u can see my skin. laters![/url]
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin-C serum is used for its anti-oxidant properties. It improves the overall tone of the skin, stimulate collagen production, can fade some acne marks. It also increase skin's defense against UV rays. It also works for winkle prevention. Certain lines also make lower concentration of vit-C for the eye area. However, Vit-C doesn't really help with dark circles. PTR's eye cream with Vitamin-K supposely work well for dark circles.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Vitamin-C serum is used for its anti-oxidant properties. It improves the overall tone of the skin, stimulate collagen production, can fade some acne marks. It also increase skin's defense against UV rays. It also works for winkle prevention. Certain lines also make lower concentration of vit-C for the eye area. However, Vit-C doesn't really help with dark circles. PTR's eye cream with Vitamin-K supposely work well for dark circles.

thank u very much, ill guess i will start by using olay skin dermabrasion kit, to remove my old skin and see how it works out. Then keep using the same moisturizer as before, Dormer211 with FPS30..and see if i can get this ugly skin away. Then if no results, ill try the vit C serum + my usall moisturizing cream. and see what happends.
if anyone can suggest something else, then plz do, else...i will go and get those today and start my skin workout, thank u all for ur help and suggestions, very appreciated!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I really think you also need to stop using Dove soap if it makes your skin feel dry. Something like Spectro or Cetaphil sensitive are good. Or even Shopper's Drug Mart's Life brand face wash.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
I really think you also need to stop using Dove soap if it makes your skin feel dry. Something like Spectro or Cetaphil sensitive are good. Or even Shopper's Drug Mart's Life brand face wash.

allright, ill get cetaphil sensitive skin, I guess ill use that as my daily soap. thnx again!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
ejay90! I think I know you!

lol

Ok, this is what I think you should do. Go back to your dermotologist. Vitamin A Acid really did the job for my skin even though my skin did not look like yours.

Mine was deep inside (underneath my skin). It would really hurt and it would be hard to smile or make any large facial expressions.

How ironic to see you in here!

Cetephil gentle cleanser is your best option. It is cheaper at Walmart and sometimes even cheaper at Loblaws grocery store.

You can mix Cetaphil gentle cleanser with baking soda. That way you have control of how strong you want the scrub to be.

I use Dormer 211 SPF 30 but I might switch brands because I don't think it has zinc to block the strong sun rays. I will ask my doctor next time I see him.

Do you know who I am?.........lol
Maybe you want to see my doctor?

If you have figured out who I am, I am sure you will send me a MSN messege.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |