Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
::Review:: Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there!
I have been using this product for two weeks....I've been dying to review but thought I should wait *just to make sure* that what I THOUGHT was happening REALLY WAS happening! So: Since I completely "wrecked" my hair today, look like a freak and need cheering up - I'm going to distract myself by writing a review...First: I want to call this product a decongestant. I don't want to call it a deep cleanser, or an exfoliator...those descriptors just don't make sense to me when I think of this product and what it did for me....IMHO, Dr H Cleansing Cream is in a class all it's own!(oh my god I'm so excited, I can't stay on track!!). OK - You use it on damp clean skin..you have to remove your makeup first with something else.....so you squeeze out about half an inch of this mealy, soft, brownish paste onto wet hands...then rub together a bit and then sort of press and roll the palms of your hands on your damp face...(I'm too excited to keep describing how to use it..)...so I did this for about two minutes...(oh yes, the first time you open it you might think it smells like an old beer bottle full of cigarette butts...just ignore it....you'll get over it...I did - now it just smells good to me!)...So after the pressing/palmrolling motion I rinsed well.......I thought that I might feel a bit of tightness or something...but not at all - I didn't feel any tightness afterward...no parched feeling...just a relaxed, calm skin...but that's just the beginning...Within two weeks of regular use this stuff has cleaned out the pores on my cheeks!!! I can look up close to the mirror and there are no dark little pin heads on my cheeks! (pardon the disgusting description) - and I mean *none*as far as I can see...I can't believe it. This, without any formal masking, exfoliating or extracting. It is the most powerful decongestant (that's the only word that makes sense to me) that I've ever used. At the same time, it's by far the most gentle. I'm amazed that it could be such a powerful "pore cleaner" but at the same time, nearly make my skin feel like I could almost skip a moisturizer! I didn't have a big mess of blackheads on my face when I started using it -- I feel like I almost had something worse....I had those wee,tiny persistant little blackheads that, at 40, I thought would never go away - I couldn't extract them - you know, those nasty never-go-away blackheads - the ones I had just grown to accept.. Well, no more! I am *so glad* that I stayed true to it for a full two weeks -- now, I can't imagine my evening routine without it! For me, using this will be as regular for me as brushing my teeth! I wish I hand more hands so that I could give it more than two thumbs up!
Pudoodles (sorry for writing so much!)
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

Cleansing Cream gently cleanses, exfoliates, fortifies and refreshes, protecting the skin’s natural protective function for healthy, radiant skin. Cleansing Cream retains the skin’s natural hydro-lipid barrier while also preparing it for the next stages in the Dr. Hauschka skin care daily care routine.

Mabsy

Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:07 am      Reply with quote
I'm extatic everytime someone tells me that the Cleansing Cream has worked for them exactly the same way that it has worked for me. It took me about two weeks of twice daily use to get the results that you just described. No blackheads and also invisible pores too.

I think you calling it a "decongestant" is spot on! I keep calling it a deep cleanser because it really does clean out the pores, but it's not really a deep cleanser as we know it. It is a very gentle product and it does a hell of a job at cleaning out the pores.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:05 am      Reply with quote
I am still intrigued by the rave reviews that the Cleansing Cream gets. I bought one of the Dr Hauschka kits a few months ago as I wanted to try the products out before buying the full sizes. I've not really used the cream regularly so haven't given it the chance to do anything for my skin. I suppose I've just been too lazy to use it. Embarassed
What I would like to know is do you have to use it with the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Milk and follow it up with the Dr Hauschka toners and moisturisers? Or could I just use the Cleansing Cream after my Elemis cleanser and follow it with my Decleor moisturiser?
Would the results be better if I just stick to the Dr Hauschka range or have you seen good results by using the Cleansing Cream in conjunction with products from other brands?
Also, is it best to use it morning and night or could I get away with just using it once a day?
I really want to give this product another try as the thought of something sorting out my blackheads and pores is too tempting to ignore! Very Happy
dubi
5% products discount

Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Smells like the Jurlique Moor Purifying Mask.
Mabsy

Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Toe - you can use it by itself. I used it by itself at first before I added the Rhythmic Night Conditioner (this was when I first started using it). I have since used the Cleansing Cream by itself and it still works just as well Smile Just remember that it's meant to be used on a makeup-free face.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Toe
I just use it once a day, in the morning and it still makes a big difference. No more blackheads on my nose and nice skin condition. I don't use it with other Dr H stuff.

I'd love to use it twice a day, but a tube doesn't seem to last very long.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy I LOVE it!!! I don't use any other Hauschka products right now - the cleansing cream is it -- and I use it only once a day at night -- and the results have been nothing short of astounding. It's probably important to note that I am making a stellar effort to use the palm/rolling massage...and I really try to do it properly for a full 2 minutes..so that might have something to do with it...but now I can look right up to the mirror -- under the most unforgiving lights and the pores on my cheeks (in towards my nose) look empty -- EMPTY! I feel so lucky! How idiotic is that? I feel lucky to have found this stuff (thanks, Mabsy - for being so persistently impressed with this stuff!)
Pudoodles (my hair is freaky, but my pores are clean! Very Happy )
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I'm extatic everytime someone tells me that the Cleansing Cream has worked for them exactly the same way that it has worked for me. It took me about two weeks of twice daily use to get the results that you just described. No blackheads and also invisible pores too.

I think you calling it a "decongestant" is spot on! I keep calling it a deep cleanser because it really does clean out the pores, but it's not really a deep cleanser as we know it. It is a very gentle product and it does a hell of a job at cleaning out the pores.

It's so true, isn't it Mabsy? I always associate deep cleaners or masks with something that is at least a little bit aggressive...(even the most gentle deep cleaners or exfoliators) - but the Dr H CC is beyond gentle...after rinsing, I don't know...it seems that if my skin could, it would "sigh" with relief...Four Stars for the Dr. H Cleansing Cream!!
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
I am still intrigued by the rave reviews that the Cleansing Cream gets. I bought one of the Dr Hauschka kits a few months ago as I wanted to try the products out before buying the full sizes. I've not really used the cream regularly so haven't given it the chance to do anything for my skin. I suppose I've just been too lazy to use it. Embarassed
What I would like to know is do you have to use it with the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Milk and follow it up with the Dr Hauschka toners and moisturisers? Or could I just use the Cleansing Cream after my Elemis cleanser and follow it with my Decleor moisturiser?
Would the results be better if I just stick to the Dr Hauschka range or have you seen good results by using the Cleansing Cream in conjunction with products from other brands?
Also, is it best to use it morning and night or could I get away with just using it once a day?
I really want to give this product another try as the thought of something sorting out my blackheads and pores is too tempting to ignore! Very Happy

Toe, this was plaguing me too so I finally gave in and bought the the rest of the range. Rolling Eyes My mums back from Germany tonight and I plan on switching cold turking to just using Dr H exclusively as soon as I get my grubby hands on it. Will let you know how I get on. Very Happy

btw, I have gotten results from the Cleansing Cream alone, but I've had a nagging feeling that I'd getter *better* results by using the rest of the line with it.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Rzecka - I for one, am totally intrigued - I'm really looking forward to hearing what you think about the other Dr H products!
Pudoodles
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Ok, ok, I'm going to order this today. I'm not one for buying a lot of products, I read and read and can't decide and like to keep it inexpensive. This stuff is not expensive and sounds like just what I need. After all these years of thinking I had zits, what I really have (which I've realised after being here for a couple months) is that I have really oily, congested skin with visible blackheads, not so much white heads or pimples. I went to the doc and got some tretinoin which totally is exfoliating my skin and controlling oil really well but, it's exposing all the blackheads underneath which I'm sure will go away with time but this cleanser sounds like just what I need to speed up the process! I'm afraid to do a peel or gommage as the tretinoin has made my skin really sensitive to this sort of thing. This cleanser sounds really mild.
Thank you Pudoodles for this great review and description! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Bought one of the little sample kits a couple of years ago with the cleansing cream in it. I hated it, the smell put me off and it was a weird consistency but after reading the reviews I might give it another go. Remind me, how long do you leave it on for? Do you have to use it every day to keep your skin clear? So I just have to be patient and wait a couple of weeks to see the effect?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I think with every product you need to have a little patients to see results. As far as how long you leave it on...You knead it into your skin for a few minutes or longer. It depends on your skin type as far as the length of time. It clearly states this in the directions. Sorry, I don't have the directions available right now. I use the Cleansing Cream in the morning. I do not use a cleanser before hand as my face is makeup free in the AM. Many people use it two times a day. One or two times a day is a personal preference. At night I am so tired I just can't seem to do the extra step. In my case, my skin is mature and I don't like to do too much exfoliation. Dr. H. is not like other exfoliants as it is extremely gentle. Most likely if I did apply it twice a day I would be fine.

Winnie
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I've just ordered the cleanser and normalizing day oil, which I've wanted to try too, with the over $50 order I get a lip balm free, yay! I'll let you all know how it works out. Smile

Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles - I also have to point out that, like yourself, I used this religiously and made absolutely sure that I wasn't cutting corners in terms of the technique and time. You knead/press this into the skin for 2 minutes and this is exactly what I did, twice a day. It was *well* worth it!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Another convert! Way to go! I love the cleansing cream, I use it twice a day and I get so many compliments! It's really great for my oily skin.
alaya
5% products discount

Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles - Your review is soooo enticing! Still pondering on my half full Dr HCC, should I try again or shouldn't I? Let me get this right, just half an inch of the CC, and knead/press this into the skin for 2 minutes. Half an inch would that be enough? I always put more, maybe that's why I'm allergic. How can just half an inch of the CC cleanse the whole face? I have a BIG, OILY face Cool
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Alaya! Yes, about a half an inch (maybe a bit more...) onto damp fingers, (I sort of press it onto my fingers then onto my damp face...then I do the "kneading" thing..Actually, I'd say a about 3/4 of an inch to be really fair...yAlaya - you mentioned an allergy to it...how did your skin respond?
Pudoodles
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Ok, this is all too complicated!! Can someone please define 'knead' I think of making bread and kneading the dough, I don't want to do that to my face! Laughing Is it the pressing with the palms that you call kneading?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've been itching to try this for a while now and after reading this review I'm fixing to order it.

Like Lolli, when I hear the word "knead" I think of kneading dough. Very Happy I guess I'm wondering too if the kneading is the actual process of working it into your skin with your palms.

Stephanie
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Someone in another thread described the kneading thing really well....Mabsy posted a link to it pretty recently...I bet she'll put it up when she sees this thread...The palm-rolling thing is the kneading....I think that Winnie and Mabsy better described it by calling it simply as "kneading" - you just apply the Dr H CC to your face (wet hands, wet face) and sort of press it into the skin, sort of rolling your palms and fingers onto the skin, then off..so that when the palms/fingers lift off the face there's sort of a "plucking" action.....OK, so now there's rolling, kneading AND plucking...I think we better wait for Mabsy... Embarassed
Pudoodles
daisyatl
5% products discount

Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
for those of you who use the dermalogica microfoliant, do you use it in addition to the cleansing cream or do you alternate?

thanks!
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'll go and search for that post, thanks Pudoodles Smile. I just want to be so careful with the tretinoin, that I don't end up scrubbing and scraping. I tend to over do it. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2122

I think this is the thread with the explanation. I searched the cleanser and have read all the descriptions of application, I think I've got it now, we'll see when I try to use it. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
sounds like i have got to try this cream. how is it on oily/combination type skin? (although the lady i went to to have a facial thinks it is dry, but i can tell by the bright glossy sheen that it is definitely oily).
also, what is the normalising day oil? also sounds good. oh, you guys with all your lovely lovely ideas are going to plunge me into debt.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |