Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cellulite
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi i am wondering if anyone has ever found anything that actually gets rid of bad cellulite. I have just recently bought the power plate as i have heard this to be one way to tone up and reduce the horrid fatty deposits. Anyone had success with this? I really feel quite low about it. I havent been to well this winter so really havent done any excersise at all and this has definetly not helped my poor thighs .So i am starting from being pretty unfit but i am determined to get in shape slowly but surely.I would love to know if anyone has managed to get rid of it or at least dramatically reduce it either with the vibration plate or any other means. Thanks in advance xx
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:59 am      Reply with quote
marcia36 wrote:
Hi i am wondering if anyone has ever found anything that actually gets rid of bad cellulite. I have just recently bought the power plate as i have heard this to be one way to tone up and reduce the horrid fatty deposits. Anyone had success with this? I really feel quite low about it. I havent been to well this winter so really havent done any excersise at all and this has definetly not helped my poor thighs .So i am starting from being pretty unfit but i am determined to get in shape slowly but surely.I would love to know if anyone has managed to get rid of it or at least dramatically reduce it either with the vibration plate or any other means. Thanks in advance xx

I haven't used this in particular but I do know from experience that resistance or weight bearing work outs will greatly diminish the appearance of cellulite. You need your aerobic and cardiovascular too but it's the resistance stuff that really smooths its appearance.
It looks like what the power plate does is double the results (cut down on the time necessary to get results from your work out). I think if you use this consistently you will get results but you have to do the work and you have to stay with it.

And you have to stay with some kind of maintenance program (like everything else on here) to maintain the results.
Cutting down on starches, sugars and drinking plenty of water are helpful too.
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi thanks for the reply .Yes i will stick with it but i have to do it slowly and build up as i havent been too well. As for cardio i manage a walk most days but i have a very low intolarance to any aerobic excersise and it can set me back for months so it not easy to get back in shape but at least i know my limits now. I am determined to get rid of this unsightly cellulite or at least dramaticaly reduce it. xx
harmonywithnature

Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Look into Ashley Black Guru on Facebook and YouTube, Instagram etc and check out all of the videos about fascia and cellulite. I think this will interest you. I haven't tried it yet, because it's a little pricey, but I will get one.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:17 am      Reply with quote
That looks promising. I'm interested, too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Look into Ashley Black Guru on Facebook and YouTube, Instagram etc and check out all of the videos about fascia and cellulite. I think this will interest you. I haven't tried it yet, because it's a little pricey, but I will get one.

I do think that that would be helpful because I think those cellulite massaging type mitts are helpful. This looks a little more serious though. In combination with eating right and doing the right exercises I think it would work. But I don't think you could do everything else wrong and think this could do it all.
It's a little pricey for what it is but if anyone takes the plunge please give us all an update.
uhoo22

Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:05 am      Reply with quote
In the past, you could find several creams that contained an ingredient called aminophylline. Not only was this great to reduce cellulite, but for me, it also took inches off my thighs and butt! It is harder to find now days--especially at a concentration of 2% or higher, plus it's expensive. You can simply search for "aminophylline" on Amazon though and see a list of products.

The next best thing I've found that is much more affordable (especially if you can find coupons to use at Wal-mart or Target), is Nivea's Cellulite SERUM (not cream). Even while I'm overweight and not exercising much, I can apply this twice a day (massage in well by hand) and within a couple of weeks, my skin is MUCH smoother! It doesn't eradicate it, but if I combined diet and light weight lifting it probably would. Very Happy Very Happy
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
tigerlily009 wrote:
Quote:

I do think that that would be helpful because I think those cellulite massaging type mitts are helpful. This looks a little more serious though. In combination with eating right and doing the right exercises I think it would work. But I don't think you could do everything else wrong and think this could do it all.
It's a little pricey for what it is but if anyone takes the plunge please give us all an update.

Have any of you tried this yet?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Alrighty. I'll be the guinea pig. I tried on bathing suits yesterday and it was bad! I researched every cellulite device, procedure, and tool that I could find. The roller, suction devises supposedly work, but the professional treatments are expensive and the home models break easily. I know from personal experience that no lipo lipo works. It's just cumbersome. I always felt like I was contorting my body just to do the procedure. It wasn't a happy, yoga kind of contorting either. This seems an easier alternative. It's a similar concept, so I think it will work. Eh, if it doesn't, there is a 60 day money back guarantee.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
This looks great!! I actually just bought it- the price seemed reasonable for the payout...assuming it does- I liked her- smart- I bet she's on to something with this...I'll let you guys know how it works!! (Ps- about 5 years ago I used cupping for cellulite - I didn't have too much- but after cupping for a few weeks I had it!! I really believe I messed up connective tissue or fascia somehow - or maybe it just coincided with genetic slating)
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Moongoddess, that's great! I'm glad I'm not the only one trying it. We can compare notes. Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi.
I need to reply because I've battled this my entire life. I'm 44, 5'3" and 115 lbs and have been that size forever. So, it's not a weight issue and I've always been very active...working out 1-2 hours a day. In the last 4 years, I've tried cupping and a vibration plate...both work great if you're consistent. I also started selling for It Works! and have added body wraps and defining gel to my routine. I'm not trying to sell anything, but I want to tell you...I've had 100 percent improvement in my legs/butt using these 3 or 4 things (vibration plate and gel, daily. For the plate...I use it 20 minutes a day and squeeze and squat like crazy. If I knew how to post a picture, I would.
Don't give up!!
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I reviewed a number of the videos and decided to purchase as well! Please do continue to post your ideas re: progress, tips and techniques as I look forward to reading them. What finally made me decide to purchase was knowing that, if nothing else, using it gently on the neck (for a massage to get rid of tension)is always an option too:)
shooterfish
5% products discount

Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:23 am      Reply with quote
few of the best tips on how to get rid of cellulite quickly and simply from Jillian Michaels http://www.jillianmichaels.org/how-to-get-rid-of-cellulite-quickly-and-naturally/
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, After reading the post about Ashley Black Guru, I watched some of her videos. I was seriously considering buying one of her "thingy's". I believe it could work because I know lots of people who are active, not over-weight, etc. who have cellulite, like ME! So, those issues aren't necessarily the problem. Well, I was in T.J. Maxx about a month ago, and I saw a "thingy" that looked VERY similar to the one I'd seen referenced above. It was $13. I thought what the heck, I'll try it. I've used it 3 times now. I believe it's too early to see whether or not it's working, but I could swear I believe I may be seeing the beginning of some improvement. Of course, that's what I want to see. Laughing We'll see what happens.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:54 am      Reply with quote
It does seem like a great gadget-dosnt it!? Mars- now that untouched mention it I recall seeing something like that at tj maxx. But I completely ignored it thinking - now what?? Of course I hadn't seen Ashley guru yet- oh well- hmm just had a thought - I could buy a cheap on and break it to creat a mini fascia blaster for travel and tight spots ! Any way I'll keep you guys posted on progress - mine has not arrived yet
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I got my fascia blaster in the mail! It's Much more sturdy than I was expecting. The "fingers" on it are pretty thick.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I created a new thread for the FasciaBlaster.

Here is the link. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=53649

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:23 am      Reply with quote
marcia36 wrote:

Hi Marcia,

I have just ordered a vibration plate, (im)patiently waiting for it to arrive Cool Did you have any success with your power plate?

In terms of exercises, my cellulite became a lot less visible due to practising with kettlebells, legs really look different after 1-2 months of exercising.

I decided to get vibration plates as a lazy approach while watching TV. There can't be an excuse not to spend 10-20 minutes on it... At least that is what I think now Embarassed This to me sounds much more doable on regular basis then a cellulite massager.

Please share your experience after a month with it.
JosephRP

Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
This cellulite occurs due to unwanted fats deposited on skin and which seems like dimpled and lumpy appearance. I'd not heard about this power plate but one thing which my sister uses to reduce these cellulite is cellublue, a suction cup. She always use to say that cellublue is not the big product but a small suction cup which is used for massaging only. I never understood that how massaging will reduce unwanted fats. But before a week I saw the results on her skin. It was quite impressive. And then I searched on cellublue and got to know more.
And thanks for this post shooterfish. I'll inform about this to my sis.

5% products discount

Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:57 am      Reply with quote
maggie_p wrote:
marcia36 wrote:

Hi Marcia,

I have just ordered a vibration plate, (im)patiently waiting for it to arrive Cool Did you have any success with your power plate?

In terms of exercises, my cellulite became a lot less visible due to practising with kettlebells, legs really look different after 1-2 months of exercising.

I decided to get vibration plates as a lazy approach while watching TV. There can't be an excuse not to spend 10-20 minutes on it... At least that is what I think now Embarassed This to me sounds much more doable on regular basis then a cellulite massager.

Please share your experience after a month with it.

Did you try the power plate for cellulite? How did it work out? Thinking of ordering one from costco.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |