Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
RAVE: MAC tinted lip conditioner spf 15
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
So, I never thought it would actually happen, but this product has caused me to stray from my beloved JH lipsticks and balms! Mostly because of the color I chose, which is quite unique:
virtuous violet.

I know it sounds scary, but here is a swatch:

And here is the info about the product:
A protective emollient balm formulated with SPF 15, a sheer wash of colour and an all-natural sheen. Conditions lips, locks in moisture. Contains Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Avocado Extract, Wheat Germ Oil, vitamins A and E.
15 ml / 0.5 fl oz
US$14.50

It is very emollient and although it does not have much longevity (it is very light and creamy as opposed to being glossy), I just cannot get enough. I love applying the stuff. The color of virtuous violet is just a balm to my eyes whenever I see it. And on the lips, WOW! My lips are kind of dark, but this color imparts a lovely, shall we say, translucent magenta glow, that I never knew would be so luscious.
I'm planning on really rocking the navy eye shadow and benefit's dandelion when I want to dress this up!

In the meantime, I think this would be a fabulous color for:
--yellow undertones
--olive complexions
--neutral/peachy tones

therefore, very versatile.

MAC has, as you can see, a lot of other colors as well, each as delicious as the next. But virtuous violet is really special.

--avalange

ETA: those sneaky MAC execs make it impossible to link to a swatch of their colors!!!!! they mute the color out, can you believe it? Anyways, here is a link to the product and the colors, just maximize to see the colors up close. On my computer, the colors are very true to what is in the pot.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY18543&PRODUCT_ID=PROD3663#

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have this in Soothing Beige color and I agree with what Avalange had said on the texture and lasting power.

I normally don't use lipstick and if I do, I use a neutral color. Although it looks dark in the pot, Soothing Beige doesn't show up much on my lip. I wished that they have a color that is a mix of Soothing Beige and Petting Pink.

There is a scent and many reference as Vanila smell.. I am not sure what is the scent but I am ok with it.

The real downside is the packaging for me at least. It comes in a pot. Not santiary to dip my fingers in there and I don't own a lip brush. Smile Nonetheless, I still like to use it in the morning (b4 my fingers get dirty Wink )

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
It looks like a gorgeous colour - does it contain beeswax or lanolin? And, some chemical sunscreens irritate my lips, do you know if it is a physical or chemical sunscreen?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
My aunt's been using MAC's lip balms for years and she still uses the tinted ones. It seems to be the only things she uses. Not sure if they changed the formula since but I haven't been a fan, I find that they're not really moisturizing enough.

My fave is still Carekate for tinted lip balms. They are so pigmented.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
My aunt's been using MAC's lip balms for years and she still uses the tinted ones. It seems to be the only things she uses. Not sure if they changed the formula since but I haven't been a fan, I find that they're not really moisturizing enough.

My fave is still Carekate for tinted lip balms. They are so pigmented.

oh, sormuimui,

you make me feel so bad!!!!!! I was totally caught up in sephora madness when i bought this, and now I am regretting the rave--who wants to support mac when you can support carekate? OF COURSE in every and any case I would prefer a carekate lipbalm! Carekate, callig carekate, it is time to make a virtuous violet color!

You remind me that I must make a major carekate purchase for my family members!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have this stuff in the coral color, I have to remember to use it. It always feel so slippery on my lips though.
Purple Jewels
5% products discount

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Where can I purchase Carekate's products?

TIA
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Purple Jewels wrote:
Where can I purchase Carekate's products?

TIA

Just read this thread, my dear, and all will be revealed... Very Happy

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20740
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |