Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cellulite
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone Very Happy

Can we have a discussion on cellulite products?

I have recently been trying out the Sheisado body creator. I have been using it for about three weeks. I have noticed that it has really softened my skin in that area but haven't noticed too much else yet.

You use it after a bath/shower and put in on the area in question. It really warms the area up and tingles Shock but the only catch is you cannot use any other products or boby lotions for 30 mins.

What are your experiences with cellulite products
bryngirl
5% products discount

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know about Sheisado...but I recently saw somewhere some company makes jeans with "chemicals" in them that shrink cellulite. I wish I could remember where I read it? The before and after photos were pretty stunning....anyone have any ideas about these jeans?
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Yeah I heard the same thing about tights actually!! Infused with herbs and caffeine. I think you can get some in Marks and Spencers in the UK. I wonder if they actually work though.....hmmmmm
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:36 am      Reply with quote
L'oreal's new one has had some rave reviews in the UK, but I always thought that cellulite was inherited and then it was the massage that cleared it up not the cream. I'd sell my soul for a cream that firmed the skin up though Doubt

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:42 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
L'oreal's new one has had some rave reviews in the UK, but I always thought that cellulite was inherited and then it was the massage that cleared it up not the cream. I'd sell my soul for a cream that firmed the skin up though Doubt

So would I!
Might have a look around M&S tomorrow and see if I can see these tights.....wonder if they smell!!! Laughing

Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Sigh! Alas, it seems that those crazy people who make that "Dermaroller" (see Skincare Forum) must be up to no good again, and are now manufacturing jeans and tights. Save your money, drink water, and exercise. EVERYONE has cellulite, whether they like to admit to it or not.
Mabsy

Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
...but I always thought that cellulite was inherited and then it was the massage that cleared it up not the cream.

I always though it was the massage as well. Does anyone know if there have been any controlled studies before that considered (a) people doing nothing (b) people using anti-cellulite creams (c) people just massaging the area?

Mabsy
toots

Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

Ok, regarding cellulite....I watched a blurb on 20/20 regarding various treatments.
1) creams and mousses
2) jeans
3) this thing that suctions your skin
4) shoes that are supposed to help (????)

They had 4 women test these out for 4 weeks
results: nil
According to the manufacturers for:
1) creams-no response
2)oops cant remember
3) Were told they needed to do more treatments, when she was already going 2X a week and was promised to see results after 10 treatments
4) according to the manufacturer, the increased exersize done by the wearer is suppossed to increase muscle mass therefor decrease cellulite.

according to Doctors, there is NO cure for cellulite no matter how much you exercise or how much weight you lose (unless you become anorexic and use all your fat stores). Its the way the fat clings to the skin in women and because women have thinner (?) skin, is why it shows up. Mens fat clings differently and they are thicker skinned therefore no cellulite.

Sorry guys, but the sooner society comes to grip with this the better we will all be. Its only because of society that women become insecure and focus on something so unimportant as a few dimples on ones ass! Get over it girls! we need to become empowered and think of bigger things than this! Is this whats to become of us?? Spending all our hard earned money on crap like this!??? Get real!!!
healedatlast

Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I used the dermaroller as directed on some flat hyperpigmented scars. After rolling in every direction 4+ times I applied some Elicina for collagen enhancement and then some emu oil. (Some people like to use copper peptides...whatever). After only 2 uses, my scars faded by about 50%. I used no other treatment on my scars during this time.

My only issue with dermaroller is that it does hurt a little, especially if you press hard. I have a deep tan complexion so I'm relatively insensitive to pain. I recommend the numbing cream to anyone with fair sensitive skin.
elwyatt
5% products discount

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Murad has a book on cellulite and a whole program...which he insists works. I read the book (got it for 98 cents on amazon) but didn't get much farther than that. His products are expensive (IMHO)for the cream and vitamins that he has for reduction of cellulite.
I do have to admit that I bought the MBT shoes. I bought them to strengthen my core, but was hoping that they could get rid of cellulite also...I can't say that it worked, but I don't wear them religiously either...as they look goofy with my work attire.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
toots, I agree with you but as long as we see models and celebrities walking around with hot, cellulite free bodies, then we're going to continue to be obsessed with cellulite.

Yes, most women have cellulite including models and celebs, but they live in a world where it's not accepted at all, so they spent loads of money and time getting rid of it (temporarily at least). There ARE machines that work as long as you continue to use them on a regular basis. However, most of us don't have lives that allow us to take off to a spa whenever we want or need to, but we still live in hope that the next new cream will be the one to change everything.

Meanwhile it looks like eating well, drinking lots of water and exercising regularly is the best we can do to improve our bodies.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have cellulite - mother doesn't have cellulite and neither does my sister. I have a thin - very thin friend and she has lots. Genetics.
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
7 years ago I got upset about cellulite and got down to business to get rid of it. I read a number of books and studies several theories. Here is a brief (and very simple lingua) summary of my quest.

Cellulite is a sort of a deformation of fat cells. Mostly women are effected by cellulite because of the estrogen (and other) hormones. These hormones "feel" responsible for our reproductive system and try to clean the body of toxins, pulling them away from vital organs to store in those place which we eventually hate the most -(mostly thighs & butt, then upper back, arms and then belly). Well if there is too much of toxic waist plus fat, it goes basically everywhere in these places. But if you are skinny, it is mostly in the thigh-butt area. So the toxins (whatever our body did not use for benefit, processed and thrown to outside) are stored in the fat cells which become deformed and form into groups under the skin, which eventually look like bumps/lumps and hollows between them.

So is it genetic? Yes. because all our hormones are in most of the ways. But it is not a sentence without hope. However it is a never ending battle. And if you keep fighting, the victory is there. (just like any skin care)

Now how to get rid of them.
As usual, all-around and "in complex" attack is the best.
1) Cleanse your body. Find the system that helps to detoxify your body from inside. Liver, Kidney and Lymph system. Lymph is what eventually is taking that waist from the cells and moves it to the liver and kidney to throw it out. Of course, it goes with supportive cleansing diet ("separated food" diet works best I think - it's when you eat mean (protein) separately from carbohydrates (bread etc)).
2) Intensive massage with topical. It can be anti-cellulite essential oils (there are a number of them) or a reputable formulated lotion. Intensive massage means you have bruises after it (honestly). Bruises are not fun, but it means that those nasty cells are giving up their contents (now Lymph has to pick it up and wash away).
Exercise has only collateral benefit as it stimulates the blood flow through the area and when it happens, the Lymph is stimulated too.

The bottom line is the more you have it, the more time it will take to see results (or get the liposuction). Then once you get rid of it, do the cleansing periodically. I do it normally once a year in the spring.

So to say about my results. 7 years ago I got to the point of NO cellulite, then I managed it for couple of years and had very very good state. Then I got pregnant and couldn't do my normal cleansing routine, then I breast-fed for 1y+, then I was a bit depressed and got lazy. So now I am starting again. BUT, I am the biggest critic of myself and I want it perfect, so even though I haven't done anything for several years, I still can wear a bikini without thinking twice about it (if I were to do such a thing now, after I've read here so much about sun-damaged skin... Laughing )
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
ella-Stella,
That is a wonderful post....great work. Can you give some examples of cleansing or detox products for use to rid the body of cellulite? Also did you dry brush? Any particular cellulite lotion your recommend? Also did you do your own massage? How intense was your cellulite problem and how long did it take you to get rid of it? Sorry for all the questions but VERY few women have won this battle and for those that have done so we need to know details Laughing
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Ella-Stella,

That's alot of work.. This would need time and determination. but for how long was the regimen dieting and massage? how often is the intensive massage?

Thanks! Smile
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I agree...great post ella-stella, but we need details girl (e.g. products used, how long to massage, etc.)! Can you post your exact routine? I'd like to see specifics on the initial attack and then on your maintenance program as well. TIA!
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Ok, here are the details, but I think this process is quite individual because everyone's normal diet, health and habits and subsequently the condition of the skin (including the amount of cellulite) is different.

When I did it first time. I didn't use any cleansing product. I was so desperate that I used all my will power and mentally changed the way I saw food. First week, I gradually separated everything what I eat into categories. So I ate meat only with raw vegetables, then I ate meat only once a day, then for 2 weeks I ate ONLY raw fruits and vegetables in any variety I could handle. No sugar, no salt. I drank water. (Well and after a week only "water" was coming out had nothing else), it was Intense for me. I felt all the weight of detox process. But these type of detox is not for everyone due to the schedule (you will feel like crap) and health conditions (if you have any medical conditions like blood pressure, stones or something else - it is not recommended). And yes, I used dry brush too. I did the baths with aroma oils (essential oils -few drops diluted in water). And i used oils for massage. I do it myself. I stand up, spread a mixture of oils (like almond oil as abase with drops of lemon oil for example) to a zone that I am going to massage. When the skin is oiled, it is slippery. I make a fist and use my finger knuckles to slide on the skin (up and down the thigh or in a circle motion on the belly). I do it as fast as I can, so the area becomes hot and I can feel the "lumps" being squished under my knuckles. After that you can apply a fat burning lotion of the choice if you have one.

The intensive diet like the one I described is only possible for maximum 2 weeks, then I started introducing back the dishes with some salt (but the taste changed and I didn't need as much salt as before), then fish, meat and other products but in the same "separated" manner. I ate like this for about 9-12 months, but it is mostly a normal way of eating (I know people who eat like this all the time). If you wish to eat something sweet, eat it but by itself, not after the meal. If you want potato, eat it with veggie, not meat etc. There are many books on this topic... Very healthy way to eat.

So, I started it in late March 2001, I saw the improvement immediately, the body was shaping nicely (but my muscle tone was ok at that time too), then within 3-4 months (by mid summer), I saw a significant improvement (like no cellulite on the belly area, almost none on thighs with some remaining on the butt). At that point I wasn't so conscious about it anymore but I just kept the system of food and aroma bathing, some massage with oils (not that intense though). By next summer, I had no cellulite anywhere (maybe earlier, but I just do not remember, I had pictures from summer to remember now).

Then, yearly maintenance was a similar process each spring. Maybe not such a strict diet sometimes, but similar intense cleansing for 2 weeks and series of self massages with oils. And I had a very good fat / anti-cellulite lotion, but it was from another country and I have no access to it anymore. It was cheap but surprisingly effective (that lotion was made, I think, in Russia).

This year, I tired several cleansing products available with not much success. The one I liked the most so far is DETOX-KIT (sold in my local health food store, but probably can be found in any other store in North America). It is "homeopathic preparations/ oral drops", 3 bottles (Nux vomica-Homaccord, Berberis-Homaccord and Lyphosot). it is for liver & intestines, kidney, and Lymphatic system.

I also bought the Babor Stop Cellulite thermal night treatment on EDS to try. I want to see if the lotion can do any good, if not I will go back to my intense system.

But one thing you said, girls. It is a lot of work and determination. You've got to be desperate and sooo determined to fight the cellulite. This year I am still not desperate enough... YET! But I am getting there Laughing
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I have found the web site on the DetoX Kit to show you what I mean.

http://www.heel.ca/search/index.jsp?queryString=Detox-Kit&localeName=en&x=0&y=0

and the product flyer
http://www.heel.ca/pdf/flyers/Detox-kit%20GP%20Flyer%20ANG.pdf
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:59 am      Reply with quote
ella-stella,
I would give you a metal if I had one, you deserve it, but the best I can do is these thank you hearts!
Toby Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Great info ella-stella! Just one more quick question. Do you have any favorite books on this subject that you could also recommend?
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have the books. One I gave to a girl to read but never got it back, and the second one I think is stuck in one of the boxes in my basement (I am getting ready to move again, but I haven't unpack those since my previous move Rolling Eyes )

I will try to remember the tittles and research them on line again.
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I found one book on the Amazon which seems to be with the similar philosophy.

http://www.amazon.com/Fast-Track-Detox-Diet-metabolism/dp/0767920465/ref=pd_sim_b_5

I do not think it is one of the books I read before, as I do not recognize neither the title nor the author's name. But it seems like there is a big number of customer reviews (scroll to the bottom and then click for more reviews) and people used it for detox successfully.

With the same search on the Amazon.com many other interesting books came up on cellulite issue.

I hope it helps.
Bree22
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing!!!

I need to regroup and make an action plan for this... Rolling Eyes

Then the fun part - shopping for the stuff that will be needed.. Very Happy

And maybe I may get to start on this project and say hold on til I get results.. Wink
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! I'll check it out and see what I can find. Very Happy
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
There have been double blind scientific studies performed on anti-cellulite active ingredients. One was published in the Journal of Cosmetic Science, July/August 2001 (A double-blind evaluation of the activity of an anti-cellulite product containing retinol, caffeine, and ruscogenins by a combination of several non-invasive methods).

Caffeine, Aminophylline and a couple of others are very typical anti-cellulite actives in cosmetics. Ruscogenins is very rarely used, but it is very active (it is also extremely expensive). There are also fat "mobilizers" such as Areaumat Samphira and Lanachrys 2B that work at helping to mobilize and eliminate the fat that forms cellulite.

Here is a thread from this forum where people discuss the use of the product that contains all five of those active materials, including the results that they saw.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28488

I do agree with many here who have posted that diet and exercise are the number 1 way to keep cellulite away. That is extremely true, and even if you use some sort of anti-cellulite cosmetic product, you must also work very hard at diet and exercise. All these things combined will produce results.

John

Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |