Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
CP Users - How Does PSF Bio-Copper Serum Compare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:25 am      Reply with quote
I have always been slightly interested in CPs but have never really understood the differences between some of the types even though there are lots of threads on EDS about them.
Just wondered if anyone had ideas on how effective the new CP from PSF would be.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:57 am      Reply with quote
I didn't even know they'd produced one, bushy. Sounds very interesting.

All of the PSF products I've so far used have been very good indeed. I'd love to know, too, whether this one is equally effective.

I must pop over to their site to take a look.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:44 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I didn't even know they'd produced one, bushy. Sounds very interesting.

All of the PSF products I've so far used have been very good indeed. I'd love to know, too, whether this one is equally effective.

I must pop over to their site to take a look.

I just got an e-mail from PSF announcing the new product at 25% off. I'll wait to see what others think of it.

5% products discount

Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
For CP, it really depends on why you want to use it bc the only purpose that research indicate is that they are good for treating burns and wound healing. They do occur naturally in your body and are involved in such biochemical processes including the process of antioxidation (i think). This might be why it's advertised as anti-wrinkle reagent. But I've purchase the CP kit from Skinbiology and used it for a while and I saw NOTHING! Mad Personally, I've become skeptical about this product bc no research has indicated that it is indeed good for your skin, and even if websites advertise that their own research showed skin improvements, you still have to check if they've conducted double-blinded placebo experiments. If not, then be VERY VERY skeptical!! Eh? According to research, the only time when CP was absorbed and worked (i mean healing wounds) was when it was either placed directly on open cuts or was injected below the skin surface. Just putting CP on the surface of your face may not do anything. I think it may also depend on the amount of CP you have in your body. For a product to work, the substances it provides should either be deprived or low in your body or it is the rate-limiting step in a series of biochemical reactions. If you are young and CP are excessive in your skin, adding more would be useless and will only be excreted. However, if ur older, CPs may have been exhausted from your system and that's why it works for some but not others? Anyways, I hope I was of a little help? Confused
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Bushy,

I just looked up the product, and it is using the first generation of copper peptides (GHK-Cu) vs. the newer SRCP's.

GHKs are the ones with more clinicals behind them, and are found in Neova, Neutrogena, etc. However, they are more delicate, and do not adhere as well to skin as the SRCP's do.

However, stronger CP's are not necessarily better...too frequent usage, or too strong of a product (or BOTH Shock ) contribute to the CP uglies (which I experienced firsthand).

Additionally, Pickart says that CP's are really only good if you are undergoing ongoing exfoliation, as required to remove the damaged proteins.

I think they have their place in getting rid of damaged cells, and I have seen some improvement in hyperpigmentation while using them. But I would probably suggest that you compare the level of GHK-cu between PSF and the Skin Biology Super-GHK and go with the stronger of the two (and I am assuming that will be SB).

I am not a fan of Skin Biology due to their poor level of customer service, but Pickart IS definitely the copper peptide expert...having identified/isolated both versions.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
I tried and wanted the CPs to work, but saw absolutely no difference or change. I applied the serum every night diligently, but was never able to see any results, or rave about it. However, I have to say I would be really curious to try PSF's...everything I've tried from their product line has been fantastic.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for the opinions, it is appreciated. ZiLi, you are right about the lack of positive research results and I had a quick look at Yarosh's take on CPs and he also says there is no research to back up the advertising.
I think I will forget CPs.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently the CP PSf uses is kinda different from others.

BioGen-Cu™ (Copper Peptides) – Copper Peptides are complexes where copper ions are bound to small protein fragments that will fit specific receptor sites in the skin. Anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, antioxidant properties. Reduces the depth & appearance of scar tissue & stretch marks, as well as allows for the repair of damaged collagen, which otherwise results in visible skin aging.

PSF's idea of skincare is to make most ingredients as organic and as natural as their original form if not, much purer, much better.

I say u can give it a try
Zi*Li
5% products discount

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:47 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Thank you all for the opinions, it is appreciated. ZiLi, you are right about the lack of positive research results and I had a quick look at Yarosh's take on CPs and he also says there is no research to back up the advertising.
I think I will forget CPs.

That is no problem!! Love to help! Very Happy Did you know that Yarosh has a book out? I've checked it out and I think you might find it interesting! It's called "The New Science of Perfect Skin". I love some of the facts he provides...very useful! Wink
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Zi*Li wrote:

That is no problem!! Love to help! Very Happy Did you know that Yarosh has a book out? I've checked it out and I think you might find it interesting! It's called "The New Science of Perfect Skin". I love some of the facts he provides...very useful! Wink

I was aware of the Yarosh book and actually started a thread on that subject:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29133

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I just received an email about PSF's new CP serum and looking forward to seeing some reviews before I try it. I have not yet jumped on the CP bandwagon, but bookmark this thread for updates.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, if it helps, I ordered it as soon as PSF released it, very anxious to give it a try. I can't say long-term, just yet, but I have been using it for 4 days now and I really like it so far. It's very soothing for my reactive skin & leaves it very soft & clean. I was using SkinBiology's Super GHK Serum, and the PSF version is just as good (if not better!) and it is almost half the price. The sale ends Sunday and I'm already sold on the quality of PSF's version so I'm gonna stock up & buy a couple more at the cheaper price and I think if you're really thinking about trying it, definately grab it while it's on sale! Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
I was using SkinBiology's Super GHK Serum, and the PSF version is just as good (if not better!) and it is almost half the price.

Doodlebug, have you compared the amounts of actives, or are you referring more to how the products feel (vs. work).

Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Doodlebug, sorry for the question, but what type of skin do you have, and what exactly do you see it doing for the skin? TIA!
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:19 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
doodlebug wrote:
I was using SkinBiology's Super GHK Serum, and the PSF version is just as good (if not better!) and it is almost half the price.

Doodlebug, have you compared the amounts of actives, or are you referring more to how the products feel (vs. work).

Thanks!

Hi Bethany,

PSF uses over 2% GHK-Cu,and SkinBiology only uses 1% GHK-Cu. So PSF's actives are actually higher and more concentrated. In most cases I find that with PSF you can get more effective products for much less but had I found the SkinBiology to be more effective I would've stuck with it despite the price. In this case I found PSF to be the better deal with the better formula Very Happy

HTH!
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:51 am      Reply with quote
msaries1 wrote:
Doodlebug, sorry for the question, but what type of skin do you have, and what exactly do you see it doing for the skin? TIA!

Hi Msaries1 -

No problem, my skin is kinda crazy, it's sensitive, acne-prone ( I did suffer with Cystic Acne in my 20's and early 30's), mostly oily but with dry patches. With age (I'm in my uh-hum...40's now..lol) I'm noticing more sun spots, fine lines, and acne scars are a big issue for me, all that good stuff Laughing

Since I've been taking better care of my skin it's been more balanced and even but the scars are still there Sad . When I added CP into my routine I was worried about adding in a new product but so far so good and there just seemed to be so much "talk" about these products that I was willing to try.

I use a light layer at night over my face and also around the eyes. I was using a retinol serum (P&R Creme Classic - SB) so I think that probably was a good way to transition into the Super GHK.

The results I've seen so far is that my skin appears brighter and more even. I've even gotten complements on my skin while shopping at the department store! I am also able to use a lighter layer of mmu as a result.

I am looking forward to seeing if the higher actives in the PSF will do more in the way of the scars though. I have really tried EVERYTHING, and yet no real success and I so like that their formula is better for those who tend to be sensitive and I instantly liked the feel/texture.

I am looking forward to hearing other reviews from other CP users on the scar area. If you end up trying these out please let me know what you think! I will plan to do a review on the PSF Bio-Cop after I've been using it longer.
Smile
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Doodlebug, that's pretty much the same as my skin. I also suffered w/cystic acne in my 20's and early 30's, even went with a round of Accutane in my mid-20's. Now, my skin is normal/oily, but still very acne-prone so I try to be very careful with what I use. I also still have the acne scars, now with fine line and sun damage - I have a lot of pigmentation. That's awesome that your skin is brighter and more even. Can you give more details on your regime and how/where you fit in the PSF Bio-Cop? Thanks again!
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know whether EDS is selling or going to be selling the PSF Bio-Cop? I can't seem to find it on the website anywhere. TIA
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
bethany wrote:
doodlebug wrote:

Thanks!

Hi Bethany,

PSF uses over 2% GHK-Cu,and SkinBiology only uses 1% GHK-Cu. So PSF's actives are actually higher and more concentrated. In most cases I find that with PSF you can get more effective products for much less but had I found the SkinBiology to be more effective I would've stuck with it despite the price. In this case I found PSF to be the better deal with the better formula Very Happy

HTH!

Doodle, that helps immensely....thanks!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
msaries1 wrote:
Doodlebug, that's pretty much the same as my skin. I also suffered w/cystic acne in my 20's and early 30's, even went with a round of Accutane in my mid-20's. Now, my skin is normal/oily, but still very acne-prone so I try to be very careful with what I use. I also still have the acne scars, now with fine line and sun damage - I have a lot of pigmentation. That's awesome that your skin is brighter and more even. Can you give more details on your regime and how/where you fit in the PSF Bio-Cop? Thanks again!

Yes, you do sound very much like me! Although my derm did want to do the Accutane but I didn't try it because I was a bit scared to go on it based off of some things I heard. I pretty much stuck with the antiobiotics and the cremes. Ofcource the good 'ole Retin-A being the first of many and what a major mess was my skin at the time. Now, with age, it's like I've got too differnt skintypes in one - Acne Prone and Mature. Not a good combination!

Here is my current routine and it's been working very well:

Morning:
Cleanse (UGG Hydra-Scentials Cleanser - got rid of the milia on my forehead and leaves the skin clean but not tight )
Tone (UGG Hydra-Scentials Rose Toner - smells like heaven in a bottle - lol)
Vitamin C - (PSF - gives a nice glow to my skin)
PhytoNutriv Lightening Serum - PSF (light layer, hoping this will help with the scars)
Moisturizer - (UGG Moisture Surge Gel - light and refreshing)
Eyes - (Perricone Advanced Eye Therapy - pricey but I seriously think it's working, other NVP stuff, don't waste your money Sad )
Sunscreen - (UGG MMU - mmu has been great for my acne)

Night:
Cleanse - (Same)
Tone - (Same)
Bio-Copper (PSF - you're not supposed to use this at the same time as AHA..from what I understand)
Eyes (Same)
Moisturizer (PSF Cellular Night Creme - It's very rich and heavy but oddly no problems with breakout. I was scared at first though but now I'm dealing with wrinkles so gotta do something about those, right?)

So pretty simple and I'm really trying to streamline here. I used to try too many differnt things too fast and all at once and then would end up only making my skin worse.

I should add, I love the PSF BHA (2%)as a spot treatment of pimples and I use it in the morning as needed. If you don't have this, you need it! I use a dab right before I moisturize and if I do have a breakout I don't use the Cellular creme at night, I just use the UGG Gel.

Once a week I was doing a Microderm Scrub but I've cut that back to about once every 2 weeks because I'm afraid it's too much for my skin with the CP. I do notice that if I go too long I will tend to notice that my skin looks duller.

What is your current routine? Anything that really works for you that I should try or may be missing?
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
[/quote]Doodle, that helps immensely....thanks!![/quote]

Hi Bethany, YW! Very Happy
FizzyBubbles
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Help!!!

Does the PSF have the same every present copper scent that SkinBiology serums have. I just can't get past this scent no matter how hard I try and it does go away - at least not on me!
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
FizzyBubbles wrote:
Help!!!

Does the PSF have the same every present copper scent that SkinBiology serums have. I just can't get past this scent no matter how hard I try and it does go away - at least not on me!

Nope! I know that smell you're talking about, it's like metal and it is hard to get past. What I would do is just put it on and then apply my face cream to kinda mask it. It's funny, but I really didn't think about it until you mentioned it, but I really don't notice that with the PSF at all. I actually just put the PSF one on my hand just now so I could try to explain the scent to you but it really has no distinct smell at all. I thought maybe a light floral but it can't be because there is nothing in the ingredients to justify that kind of scent Laughing
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
bethany wrote:
doodlebug wrote:

Thanks!

Hi Bethany,

HTH!

Hi Doodlebug,

I think that's great...I may just switch over myself. I was just curious on where you got the percentage of GHK in the skinbiology formulation. I know they don't offer that bit of information...or they try not to...TIA
FizzyBubbles
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All!

Does anyone know if the PSF copper has that "copper peptide" scent? I have tried the copper peptide creams from skinbiology and the scent is just more than I can stand and it does not go away.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |