Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Finally - fine lines around my eyes are disappearing!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:44 am      Reply with quote
For those who know me from Tanaka massage will know my only complaint is having fine lines around my eyes. I have tried CP serum in the past, then Retin-A for a year, Retin-A has deepened my lines.

So finally, have read the books From Saeki, and have my own formula and it works:

I have tried for 2 months:

a.m. regime (after Tanaka massage + incorporate by pressing different spots from TCM)

- Sheisido eye base serum, gentle massage for few minutes
- wait for 3 mins (walk around and have a cup of tea)
- a thin layer of Valmont eye cream
- add a thin layer of Sheisido SPF eye base (it looks like a lip stick) then re-appling the eye stick whenever the area is dry.
- Re-apply La Praire eye gel (tap on top whenever too dry)

p.m. (after Tanaka massage + pressing spots)
- - Sheisido eye base serum, gentle massage for few minutes
- wait for 3 mins
- tap on Olay regenerist serum
- Re-apply Olay Regenerist serum until fully absorb

P.S. Products that I used from Olay and Sheisido are a special lines that only available China.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:49 am      Reply with quote
In additon to the above, I will do eye mask few times a week, will layer a lotion mask on top of eye mask. This works wonder and I can see the lines disappear right awawy.

Then, I will treat myself a 30-mins massage, focusing on eye area on every saturday, follow by eye mask & lotion mask.

My mom took a close look at me on Saturday (I helped her to massage too!) and she said, "Why you no longer have wrinkles around your eyes!"
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
For those who know me from Tanaka massage will know my only complaint is having fine lines around my eyes. I have tried CP serum in the past, then Retin-A for a year, Retin-A has deepened my lines.

So finally, have read the books From Saeki, and have my own formula and it works:

I have tried for 2 months:

a.m. regime (after Tanaka massage + incorporate by pressing different spots from TCM)

- Sheisido eye base serum, gentle massage for few minutes
- wait for 3 mins (walk around and have a cup of tea)
- add a thin layer of Sheisido SPF eye from Olay and Sheisido are a special lines that only available China.

wow critic...i wish i could be as dedicated!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I wish I had so much time only for my eyes... (my skin would revolt if I'd put all those products on the same time...)
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I feel so relieved that more people are reporting an increase in lines/wrinkling from retinoinds. I remember when I reported more eye wrinkles from retinoids a quite a few years back on MakeupAlley, they made it seem like it was just dryness or all in my head, etc. etc.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
In additon to the above, I will do eye mask few times a week, will layer a lotion mask on top of eye mask. This works wonder and I can see the lines disappear right awawy.

Then, I will treat myself a 30-mins massage, focusing on eye area on every saturday, follow by eye mask & lotion mask.

My mom took a close look at me on Saturday (I helped her to massage too!) and she said, "Why you no longer have wrinkles around your eyes!"

Can you please tell me the name of the eye mask you are using? Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:
I feel so relieved that more people are reporting an increase in lines/wrinkling from retinoinds. I remember when I reported more eye wrinkles from retinoids a quite a few years back on MakeupAlley, they made it seem like it was just dryness or all in my head, etc. etc.

I have done many researches here before starting Retin-A around my eyes, but they were getting worse each day, when I wanted to quit, some people said, "hold-on, you will see result soon." I was expecting it peels and the fine lines will disappear, end-up all fine lines change to wrinkles.

I absolutely did not see any result at all! And again, it's never one size fits all.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
critic wrote:

Can you please tell me the name of the eye mask you are using? Thanks!

I am using a Swiss product, La Colline. The price is similar as Valmont.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
lotion mask around the eyes area really contribute a lot, I wish I should know it earlier.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, critic. I will take a look into this line since you've had such great results with the eye mask.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:57 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Thanks, critic. I will take a look into this line since you've had such great results with the eye mask.

Don't waste money to invest on a new eye mask, use whatever you have and layer with a lotion mask will do!
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Critic, what do you mean with "lotion mask" ?
Referring to the asnwer you gave to ScotLass you don't think the ingredients in La Colline made the change to your eyes, but any product would do - why do you think so ?
havana8

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:32 am      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
Critic, what do you mean with "lotion mask" ?
Referring to the asnwer you gave to ScotLass you don't think the ingredients in La Colline made the change to your eyes, but any product would do - why do you think so ?

Lin, here are the two threads on the lotion mask from the Chizu Saeki book:

Lotion Mask
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35850

3 days 2 night skin detox by Saeki (Skincare Revolution)
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36958&highlight=detox

HTHs!
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi critic,

did you ever try the micro version? I'm considering trying retin A, but am also prone to drying,

thanks

Jackie xx
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Retrieve didnt make my eyes worse but it seems to do nothing at all for my crows feet.

Ive been using it for a yr and it hasnt even made the eye area peel like it does on other areas of my face. Which is a bit weird I thought.

So the search continues for something to help that area.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:30 am      Reply with quote
THANKS, HAVANA !

havana8 wrote:

Lin, here are the two threads on the lotion mask from the Chizu Saeki book:

Lotion Mask
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35850

3 days 2 night skin detox by Saeki (Skincare Revolution)
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36958&highlight=detox

HTHs!
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:

Don't waste money to invest on a new eye mask, use whatever you have and layer with a lotion mask will do!

Okay....am I to assume that you didn't have great results with the La Colline eye mask alone, and that the lotion mask on top of *any* eye mask is much more effective? If you don't think it is worth the money to buy the La Colline eye mask, then I certainly won't look into it any further. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
critic, how do your eyes look with NO products on them? Are they wrinkle/fine line-free with no products, or does it only look that way with the products on?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I know where you are going with this question, foxe, and was wondering the same thing!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
critic wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:

Okay....am I to assume that you didn't have great results with the La Colline eye mask alone, and that the lotion mask on top of *any* eye mask is much more effective? If you don't think it is worth the money to buy the La Colline eye mask, then I certainly won't look into it any further. Smile

I actually follow Saeki massage (very very gentle on the eye area) before using the eye mask, the lotion mask helps better pentrating the product into my skin, almost like absorbing. Honestly, really don't have to buy a new eye mask, just use whatever you got + lotion mask.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
critic, how do your eyes look with NO products on them? Are they wrinkle/fine line-free with no products, or does it only look that way with the products on?

wrinkle free if I don't laugh, see some very fine lines if I laugh.

Just look in the mirror, I am wearing light foundation today and can't see fine lines if I don't laugh. In the past, I had fine even I did not laugh whenever I was wearing foundation.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi critic,

did you ever try the micro version? I'm considering trying retin A, but am also prone to drying,

thanks

Jackie xx

Jackie,
I used the Micro version, what is the difference?
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:28 am      Reply with quote
So glad that you figure out a routine that works well on your fine lines around the eyes. I'm really interested to check out the Olay regenerist serum that you mentioned. Do you think it also works for the fine lines at the forehead?
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:49 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi critic,

thanks

Jackie xx

Jackie,

Hi critic,

I thought the micro was less drying?

Jacie xx
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
critic wrote:

Jackie,

Hi critic,

I thought the micro was less drying?

Jacie xx

The micro can actually be More drying. It is for oily skin. The cream version is best for normal to dry skin types.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |