Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is the most exclusive high end bodycare line?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Luxurybodycare

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Can anyone help me please. I have tried various high end exclusive bodycare lines including Pitanguy, Jeneuve (currently only available in Switzerland) as well as some products from Cle de Peau amongst other's. What other high end bodycare (not facial)brands can be recommended
for moisturizers, exfoliators etc.?

Thank you for your feedback!

Lisa x
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
La Prairie and Creme de La Mer are very high end that offer body care.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
What results are you looking for? And why must they be high end?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Because I would like to know what other brands are out there "high end, exclusive" which offer complete Bodycare lines, so far I only found two brands in the luxury Bodycare field Ivo Pitanguy's line( BodyCare Firming Formula US$ 240) and Jeneuve Skincare in Switzerland(Bust Lifting Precision Pro Complex US$ 210). These are the only two companies offering very high end, exclusive lines of bodycare products.

Why are Skincare products i.e. facial much more "expensive" than Bodycare??

Is the rest of your skin not that important cause it spends most of the time hidden under your cloth?

..am I missing something here?? Of course there are other's like Sisley,Carita (Progressif Bodycream for US$250)and the ones you mentioned Creme de la Mer, La Prairie etc. etc..who offer pricey exclusive bodycare but these are mainly just single products to compliment their facial skincare and not a whole product line of Bodycare..right? I am probably missing something! Smile Lisa x
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Because she has nothing better to do with her money LOL kidding!

Luxurybodycare wrote:

Because I would like to know what other brands are out there "high end, exclusive" which offer complete Bodycare lines, so far I only found two brands in the luxury Bodycare field Ivo Pitanguy's line( BodyCare Firming Formula US$ 240) and Jeneuve Skincare in Switzerland(Bust Lifting Precision Pro Complex US$ 210). These are the only two companies offering very high end, exclusive lines of bodycare products.

Is the rest of your skin not that important cause it spends most of the time hidden under your cloth?

..am I missing something here?? Of course there are other's like Sisley,Carita (Progressif Bodycream for US$250)and the ones you mentioned Creme de la Mer, La Prairie etc. etc..who offer pricey exclusive bodycare but these are mainly just single products to compliment their facial skincare and not a whole product line of Bodycare..right? I am probably missing something! Smile Lisa x

I'm not sure if sister sweets thinks the same, but to me your reply doesn't really answer her question. A product doesn't have to be expensive to work now does it... hmm

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
Luxurybodycare

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Hmm..ok well please explain then to me why there are products from high end brands that cost 100 times more than other products from low end brands that claim to do exactly the same? Surely because the high end products like La Prairie, Jeneuve, Creme de la Mer, Cle de Peau..and so on..invest in research and ingredients a lot more! But maybe i got it totally wrong and there is another reason..as far as i am concerned you get what you pay for!
Luxurybodycare

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:52 am      Reply with quote
No answer to these questions?

majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Facial skincare products are probably more expensive because the skin there is more delicate and sensitive. Something which is fine when applied to your body could cause major problems when applied to your face. I, therefore, would imagine that more rigorous testing is required to ensure that facial products are kinder on delicate skin.

As for high end bodycare, I think much of the money you spend goes on advertising and ensuring a sense of exclusivity. It may not necessarily be any better than a mid-range, or even occasionally a budget, product.

Kiehls bodycare is mid-price range, and I've always found that to be very effective. They sell a wide variety of body products.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I suggest you spend some time reading the different threads on this Forum. You will soon discover that you don't have to spend a fortune on products for them to be effective. Actually, if you take a look at the "What is your most disappointing product" thread you will see that just about all of those put forward are high end products:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35055

The most important aspect of any product is its ingredients. High end products don't necessarily have any better ingredients than pharmacy brands - quite often they can be similar. But the luxury brands often have bigger advertising, marketing and packaging budgets - which the consumer has to pay for.

The simple reason why facial products are more expensive than body products is that men and women tend to worry more about what their facial skin looks like rather than their body skin. Customers are more willing to spend big bucks on facial creams in the hope that they can delay the aging process.

But there will always be those customers who prefer to buy prestige brands just because it makes them feel pampered and special.

IMO if you really want to find something nourishing to apply to the body, you'd be better off taking a look at oils such as Macadamia or Jojoba.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I agree 100% with Kelilu. Very well said. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:28 am      Reply with quote
"Exclusive" means that not everyone who wants that product can have it. For example, a country club or a Manhattan co-op are "exclusive" because mere money will not get you a spot in either -- you must be anointed by the powers that be.

There are no "exclusive" skin care products. Some, however, are very expensive. Many of the very expensive ones are ridiculously overpriced. I suppose if it makes you feel good to be ripped off, then go for it. Caveat emptor.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Valmont Glacier Body Line
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
The dictionary definition of "exclusive" is "limited to a select few". The measure of a cosmetic's exclusivity is its price - meaning that only a select few can afford it.

I would point out that the ingredients of any cosmetic product only make cosmetic changes to the skin. They do not make biological changes to the body. To make biological changes to the skin you have to use a drug, such as Retin-A. Unlike pharmaceuticals, there are no regulations governing cosmetic products - so their efficacy is not controlled. Therefore, there is no guarantee that you get what you pay for.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
The dictionary definition of "exclusive" is "limited to a select few". The measure of a cosmetic's exclusivity is its price - meaning that only a select few can afford it.

I would point out that the ingredients of any cosmetic product only make cosmetic changes to the skin. They do not make biological changes to the body. To make biological changes to the skin you have to use a drug, such as Retin-A. Unlike pharmaceuticals, there are no regulations governing cosmetic products - so their efficacy is not controlled. Therefore, there is no guarantee that you get what you pay for.

Agreed. And a further reminder: Cosmeceuticals are not drugs, no matter what any advertising copy may say. Topical products are either cosmetics or drugs (which require a prescription from a doctor).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Are you really getting what you pay for, or are you paying for advertising, fancy packaging ect. ect. hmm

http://skin-creams-cleansers.suite101.com/article.cfm/skin_care_expensive_versus_cheap

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to agree about the price point for body care. My favorites for body moisture are 100% organic, fair trade coconut oil in winter and extra vigin olive oil as a body moisturizer.

Altho I havent had kids yet so no stretch marks or sag boobs but when the time comes who knows what I will spend to cure it !!!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |