Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help—No Lipo Lipo queries!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
dianek
5% products discount

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I am truly loving my No Lipo Lipo treatments. In fact, I am hooked!! I live nearby Carole's Redondo Beach spa so I will admit I go in regularly for treatments. But, I am now down to once a month. I also own the DVD and do the treatment on myself, but when I go into her spa, they are able to really dig in and break up the fatty "deposits" as Carole says! Honestly, they have taught me a few tricks. You should always use one hand on top of the other to increase the amount of pressure on the thighs or other areas while dry brushing and doing the deep knuckle massage treatment. Placing one hand on top of the other doesn't fatigue your arms as much either and it seems to make the strokes go a lot quicker. Also, amp up the number of strokes ... I do 60 on each area. My legs look so trim and cellulite free. I feel the once a month visit is so worth it...it kinda keeps me on track. But, the DVD really is a great tool for newbies to the program. I wouldn't trade my NLL for the world. I don't have much spare time to spend hours in the gym. With this program, I don't need to!!! My waist and tummy are trim and flat, my thighs have virtually no cellulite and are no longer jiggly. I just cannot say enough good things about this program!!! Btw, I am over 50!! ~ Dianek
dianek
5% products discount

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Swissmom wrote:
Hi Diane! Thank you for those great tips! Do you do the massage and drybrushing everyday like Aprile does?

Yes I do!! Although it sounds daunting, it really isn't all that bad if you split the sessions. I have noticed something amazing too... that by working on my legs using the dry brushing and knuckle treatment, my arms have become more toned. It's a great side effect! I love No Lipo Lipo... my friend recently tried some kind of laser treatment, spent a ton of money and saw little to no results. She was so disappointed! This is something I can do in the privacy of my own home to keep up with results. I would say now that I have the routine down pat, it takes me 15-17 minutes total time to do the entire dry brushing and massage treatment (60 per area). The reason I split it up is to give my arms a rest so that I can apply the most pressure possible....it works much better that way! HTH, Diane Laughing
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Hi Toby-

I know you said before that your friend is mainly concentrating on her stomach area. Do you know if she is doing all of the stomach massages (I think there are 4 different techniques?), or just mainly doing the one with the knuckles where you massage upwards? I mainly do that one; that is the one closest to the massage you do on the rest of the body.

Hi Ryan,
I disagree! I think all of the four different techniques are important to the process. For instance, I have no issues persay with my stomach area, but the skin does get lax with age. I have found the knuckle one digging in around the belly button area helps lift up the skin in that area. The one where you sort of hug your waist, makes the waist smaller. The one where you sort of pinch the skin should be done aggressively ... that should also help to flatten the stomach and eliminate any excess belly fat. All of these techniques work together to address this area.... Take care, Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:41 am      Reply with quote
I tend to do it 2-3 times a week but I also enjoy it.
In the beginning it was a bit of a workout I have to say, but I love how it feels and the oil massage is great but I did laugh as my dear hubby walked in on my doing it before my shower one morning and just rolled his eyes and shook his head LOL.
Lilith_10 wrote:
For those who use this method for a long time. Once you achive your 'optimal' level - how often do you do NLL to keep the results?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Well I always think if it feels good then its worthwhile doing. I also do the Ageless Body massage of Loulous that I love and is similar but different to NLL.

I don't know or care how it works - for me the results are proof enough. I wish I had a head for the science bits but they bore me frankly.

With the back of the legs, I really like using the back loofah strap to get them. I really find that thing easier on my arms and positioning. Sure its not the same as the strokes, which I do much slowly than the woman in the video does but it still works.
Lilith_10 wrote:
Thanks, Theresa, 2-3 times a week is doable... especially since I am seeing it more as a sport with the additional side-benefit to keep my arms toned!

I find NLL incredible. Considering that you somehow seem to loose 'fatty tissue' without dieting. I am still wondering how this works. Especially, as I never had results like this with all the sports I did and still am doing. And, I noticed my abs stay toned even when I am eating a bit more on a weekend.

The back part of the legs is really difficult for me to massage. Has anybody found a trick with that? This is probably where a treatment at Carole Maggio's spa is of benefit.

Without this forum and the inspiration here I would have never started it again... so thanks to all of you.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2018 12:45 am      Reply with quote
100% yes and in a very short space of time.
My arms took on a toned look and bat wings were something I just figured I should live with.
Both my arms and legs showed very fast change and are remarkably different than when I started.
I do also use topical C though so thats worth mentioning. However the massage and dry brushing I did with NLL for a long time and got some wonderful changes. My arms and legs both weren't flabby but they had some excess fat and the bat wings description was definitely something my children had said to me.
I was doing it mostly for my stomach - because no matter how much little I eat, there was always fat there and I'm very pleased to report that this isn't the case any longer.

DebM wrote:
my other question is how about "bat wings"? Has anyone noticed much improvement - tightening of the skin with the lipo lipo?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2018 12:47 am      Reply with quote
I watched the Fascia Blaster like a hawk when it first came out and was a member of the facebook group.
I noticed quite early on some people posting about adverse results and they never addressed it - so it scared the hell out of me from trying it.
I did post feedback suggesting that they should address those comments and they removed me from the group interestingly enough. Luckily I was friends with quite a few people on there - and it appears whenever the lack of responses was mentioned - that person got banned. So for me that was self evident that it wasn't a good device. You can also find many threads on EDS about it and not everyone gets great results. I think its a shame as if they answered those questions, I would really have bought it and given a go but the way they treated those posters with issues just scared me and I thought its not worth taking the risk, making things worse and having no help or support.
DebM wrote:
How do you think this compares to Ashley Black's fascia blaster?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2018 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I did buy the fasciablaster. I wasn't impressed, left horrible bruises and the negative issues did scare me. It sits under my cabinet in the bathroom, not in use.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2018 6:40 am      Reply with quote
You bet! I wont lie, it wasn't easy and it was a bit painful for me but I have fibercystic tissue which can be sensitive.
I think the No Lipo is def the way to go if you are disciplined.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |