Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which is the BEST cleanser for dry skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:43 am      Reply with quote
What is your favourite cleanser for dry skin? I tend to use the same things over and over again, and would like to try something new. I have been using Dermalogica's Ultracalming Cleanser or Decleor's cleansing cream for dry skin for the past year now, and would like to try something new. I'm not particularly fond of the milk+tonic-game, but otherwise, I'm all ears.Very Happy
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is Orlane Vivifying Cleansing Care. It removes makeup easily, smells nice and doesn't sting the eyes. It rinses off completely, yet leaves my dry skin feeling slightly moisturized.Smile
Myrna

Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I am true to Cetaphil -- excellent product, all you need, Gentle skin cleanser.

Myrna
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Myrna wrote:
I am true to Cetaphil -- excellent product, all you need, Gentle skin cleanser.

Myrna

I agree with you.And Skinmedica sensitive cleanser is very good for dry skin.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I'm combo but I love cold creams that you take off with a wet washcloth...leaves my skin full of moisture...which is good bc most moistuizers break me out.
freedom37
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
THE best cleanser is Liz Earle cleanse and polish. I think you may only be able to get it in the UK, but she has a website so would probably ship overseas. I am very bad for chopping and changing products, but I have stuck with this cleanser as it realy cleans my skin, doesn't feel greasy or that it is 'stripping' my skin, and leaves it feeling healthy and fresh. It is loaded with natural ingredients, so I also feel it is doing my skin some good. Very Happy
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I've used Cetaphyl for years but decided to try something different. I went to the health food store and bought Humphrey's Cleansing Gel with witch hazel and jasmine. I have pretty dry skin but I really like this cleanser and it removes all my eye makeup too ---(it will sting though, if you get it in your eyes.) Crying or Very sad I just found it online for about $6.45 for an 8 oz container. I paid $10 at my local health food store.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I love Eve Lom Cleanser and Yon-Ka Cleansing Milk. Although I've never had problems with blackheads or clogged pores from using Yon-Ka Cleansing Milk, some people actually say it doesn't clean thoroughly. So, if you use waterproof or Euro sunscreen or heavy makeup, I'd follow it with another cleanser. From my experiece, I find it cleans off my makeup and sunscreen very well. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I also use the Yonka cleansing milk.It cleans well and doesn't leave my face tight. I can't use a lot of toners so I skip that step.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
So far I now have 3 diff gentle cleansers in my bathroom: IFP gentle cleanser, Skincarecentral.biz extremely gentle cleanser, and Skinbiology.com gentle cleanser (just received and haven't tried it yet). I have dry skin and the first two were nice. They didn't dry out my skin. This is why I repurchased them. Hopefully the skinbio one is also good.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
My new fave cleanser is the Exceptionally Gentle cleanser fromwww.skincarecentral.biz It leaves no film, removes my sunscreen, yet does not "strip" my skin.

The staple that will always be in my shower and my suitcase is SkinBio's Gentle Clean cleanser. I use it on my face as well as my body, but I find it to be a tad bit too drying for everyday use on face.

Okay, bkkgirl, now I have to try the IFP gentle cleanser!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Miessence cleansers are gentle and does not dry out the skin.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl and nadjazz,

You made me really want to try the gentle cleanser from skincarecentral until I saw the ingredients list. I had an allergic reaction to rose hydrosol recently so will have to take a pass Crying or Very sad

Back to my boring cerave cleanser.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm dry and suddenly can not tolerate any fragranced products. Clinique Creamy Comfort and CeraVe (drugstore brand) are fragrance free, and non-drying. I really like both.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use cleanser. I use the exfol cloth and warm water. My skin is so much cleaner than when I was using cleanser. I tested the cloth before giving up cleanser--washed my face with cleanser and then washed it with the exfol cloth, no cleanser--it is amazing how much "stuff" was left behind by my cleanser.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I use Laventine facial cleansing oil for normal/dry skin and love it! My skin gets clean, acne has been reduced and it doesn't feel tight or dry after washing.
kittyd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Do you remove eye makeup as well with the cleansing cloth..I still don't get how it works??
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Osea Cleansing Milk I imagine would be great for dry skin. I only use it when my skin is at it's most sensitive or becoming dry but it's one of the best cleansing milks i've used.
Cellcosmet Cream Cleanser is also good, takes off makeup without leaving that really tight, stripped feeling.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 1:02 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
Osea Cleansing Milk I imagine would be great for dry skin. I only use it when my skin is at it's most sensitive or becoming dry but it's one of the best cleansing milks i've used.
Cellcosmet Cream Cleanser is also good, takes off makeup without leaving that really tight, stripped feeling.

Osea Cleansing Milk left my face with loads of blackheads (plugs) on my nose and cheeks. It was a horrible experience to use it. Also, I didn't find it as gentle on my sensitive skin as it claims. Sad

Honestly, for a cleansing milk, I highly recommend Yon-Ka Cleansing Milk. Eve Lom Cleanser for a cleansing balm and The Organic Pharmacy Rose Cleansing Gel for a cleansing gel (although it's only for morning use as it doesn't remove makeup/sunscreen).

I recently just bought Guerlain Issima Pure Dew Cleansing Foaming Creme, but haven't tried it yet. Will update when I have. I'm also sampling GoW Cleansing Oil Sample Pack. I've only tried one (#3) so far and it's ok. Very thick, but didn't irritate my skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I tried a lot of different cleansers but always come back to Dermalogica's Ultracalming Cleanser. Wink It's the best cleaanser according to me. I was also quite happy with Decleor's Huile Demaquillante

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Gosh - there are a zillion really nice cleansers out there! I love cetaphil, but if I'm wearing dollops of make-up then cetaphil isn't hard core enough to blast through all the -ahem- colour Embarassed ..MAC cleansing oil was a fave until Casper's Mum went and posted that message re: MAC's unethical treatment of the general make-up artist community...Right now, I'm loving Borghese's cleansing cream and cleansing gel...the cream can cut through anything...I always follow-up my cleansing with Dermalogica's Microfoliant..this one is an oldie but MAN, what a goodie! I'd never be without it. If you don't have it, ask for a sample with your next EDS order...even if you don't use it every day, IMHO it is, for me and my friends anyway, a cleansing staple. Another really nice cleansing milk is the one by the company that makes Alpha Derma CE (can't remember their name!)...It is really gentle and really good at getting off the make-up - I was really pleasantly surprised with this one - and it is relatively inexpensive....Another sweetheart for me is Orlane...any of their cleansing products are worth their weight in gold, IMHO.
pudoodles
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
kittyd wrote:
Do you remove eye makeup as well with the cleansing cloth..I still don't get how it works??

I don't use the exfol cloth on my eyes. I use a cotton pad with warm water or mild remover for that--depending on whether or not I have on eyeshadow. I was sceptical about the cloth at first. I didn't believe a cloth alone would cleanse my face, but it really does. The cloth doesn't feel abrasive to the touch. It has a bumpy kind of texture that exfoliates and cleans. You do need to be gentle when using it. The first time I scrubbed too hard around the forehead/brow bone and irritated the skin.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Decleor's cleansing oil is good!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
bkkgirl and nadjazz,

You made me really want to try the gentle cleanser from skincarecentral until I saw the ingredients list. I had an allergic reaction to rose hydrosol recently so will have to take a pass Crying or Very sad

Back to my boring cerave cleanser.

mtview, you have me very interested in trying this cerave cleanser! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
You may want to try any of the following which have been posted about here on the EDS Forum : a microdermabrasion cloth or sponge (I like my sponge from Stan on Ebay; others have posted about NCN Pro Skincare's)
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22803
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22317

or the Jane Iredale Magic Mitt which EDS sells:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12177
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1981

These and just water will not disturb the acid mantle of your skin and would probably be good for your dry skin while also giving you the benefits of exfoliation.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |