Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Sunscreen for very oily skin.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
indira
5% products discount

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone! I'm a newbie and I have a dilemma: I have very oily skin and am having a lot of trouble finding a sunscreen that doesn't make my face look like an oil slick. I've been using Anthelios SX 15, but it's just too greasy. I've searched the forum and seen mention of Sofina, but there seemed to be questions about it's content and actual sun protection. I'm using Retin A now and really need to find something that works, and also that can be worn w/ makeup.
Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance Smile
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I just started with Tazorac too. I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 70. I'm very oily and I like the ultra sheer since it really absorbs. It is the only thing my DH will let me use on him (Ultra sheer spf 45).

This is my first week with Taz and I have noticed I shine more, but it is because I'm using a moisturizer due to the Taz. Normally, I would use jojoba or a tinted moisturizer (Bobbi Brown) over the sunblock and did not have any oil issues.

This week I have been using a heavier lotion which is why I'm shining more than usual. I'm ok with it as I've found if I layer a thin bit of Carekates' pearl cream I stay matte longer. Today I forgot and I've been rather shiny.

The upside is I finally found a sunblock that stops me from burning (I've tried SOOO many). I live in Arizona and the sun here is harsh. I recommend the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 70. The 45 is good too.

P.S. If you don't have the Pearl Cream or can't get a hold of dear Carrie, then try a thin layer of MM in place of the PC. This might help with the sunscreens you currently have too. Which ever you choose ensure you pick a sunBLOCK instead of a sunSCREEN.

hth

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Indira!

You should try the Clarins UV Plus Protective Day Screen SPF 40. Lovely sunscreen, goes on sheer, no whitish cast. My personal HG!
Selesti
5% products discount

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure you wash off the Retin-A in the morning! You will be inviting skin cancer if you don't thoroughly cleanse every morning while you are on Retin-A.

Sunblock wise:

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer is very popular, but 1. be careful as not all SPFs are photostable and 2. personally my skin reacts poorly to it (my guess is the high silica content) ie. it causes uneven skin tone and clogged pores with long use.

Clarins UV Plus SPF 40 is great for sensitive skin as it is 100% physical sunblock and I used it for a week with no breakouts. It feels very liquidy going on, dries fast and has a pleasant albeit strong fragrance. I however do experience shininess as it sits on top of the skin. Powder would take care of it, but I don't enjoy repeatedly powdering myself so that brings us to...

Olay Complete Defense SPF 30 for Sensitive Skin. This my HG, very LIGHTLY moisturizing, has never caused breakouts, and seems more mattifying than any other sunscreen I've tried. Highly recommend.
missmia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Indira,

Have you tried the Sunkiller range? They are a Japanese high SPF range that give you a mattifying effect which is ideal for an oilier complexion. It is relatively reasonably priced too compared to most brand named sun screens.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=288016

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16089

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16630
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I started using the B Kamins Matte sunscreen and love it. I'm oily even at 50 and sunscreen can be tricky as I always look like an oil slick. This is the best sunscreen for looking less oily (I never get totally matte)
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Indira, I too have very oily skin with the occasional zit and had a really hard time finding sunblock for the face. I've been using Juice Beauty SPF30 tinted moisturizer in the am for the last few months with great results. Afterwards, I dust on either silk dust or silk/pearl primer to reduce the shines.

I just started using PSF new SPF50 sunblock for the last week. It hasn't caused any breakouts and doesn't leave my face shiny. I'm holding off on writing a full review of this until I've used it for another week.

Personally, I would prefer a physical sunblock only but it seems like most of those out there also fill it in with a lot of additional moisturizers and oils I don't need.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
indira wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm a newbie and I have a dilemma: I have very oily skin and am having a lot of trouble finding a sunscreen that doesn't make my face look like an oil slick. I've been using Anthelios SX 15, but it's just too greasy. I've searched the forum and seen mention of Sofina, but there seemed to be questions about it's content and actual sun protection. I'm using Retin A now and really need to find something that works, and also that can be worn w/ makeup.
Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance Smile

You might like to try the new reformulated Avene Emulsion sunblock SPF50 (not the cream). Try this website for samples and they also have samples of other sunblocks that are not so greasy or heavy.www.skincarecentral.biz. Avobenzone-containing sunblocks (including antihelios) are not recommended if you are using mineral make up, unless your make up powders are microionized (e.g. Jane Iredale, Alima).
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
i have been tryed B Kamins Matte sunscreen but still oily on my skin Crying or Very sad
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried the Bioderma line? It's harder to find but it offers really good protection. I've only tried the Lait and it didn't feel greasy on my skin.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
schang wrote:
Have you tried the Bioderma line? It's harder to find but it offers really good protection. I've only tried the Lait and it didn't feel greasy on my skin.

How much the price ?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:
schang wrote:

How much the price ?

You can find the price here:
http://www.frenchcosmeticsforless.com/products.php?cat=112&pg=2

Price sounds reasonable.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks iaimei!
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, thanks iaimei! I had a friend buy it for me when she went to Paris so I wasn't sure what I would have to pay to get more. The prices are reasonable, but it makes me sad to think that I'll have to pay $23.95 for what really costs less than $11 in Paris, not to mention shipping and handling. Sad
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
schang wrote:
Yes, thanks iaimei! I had a friend buy it for me when she went to Paris so I wasn't sure what I would have to pay to get more. The prices are reasonable, but it makes me sad to think that I'll have to pay $23.95 for what really costs less than $11 in Paris, not to mention shipping and handling. Sad

Really half price in Paris? That's too bad, we cannot score one at that price easily.
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, half the price! I have her receipt in front of me. My sister had her friend buy her a Louis Vuitton bag in Paris a few years ago. It seems she could have taken advantage of more savings if she had asked for French skincare products instead!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
What about the Sofina sunscreen? I remember another oily-skinned member said that Sofina sunscreen actually kept her matte all day...unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the sunscreen other than the brand. Confused Maybe search the forum using "Sofina" and "sunscreen" as the keyword....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
carekate ,is it Sofina Vital Rich UV cut milk Question
or Sofina Very Very Cut Milk SPF 24 Question
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I love Neal's Yard Lavender Sunscreen SPF22, it is the best non greasy sunscreen I have ever used and could be used alone on oily skin or over the top of moisturiser on dry skin.
It is so good that I use this as a make-up primer, oh yes and it smells heavenly.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
wow thanks for the rec Rosebud I will have to get this now Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
A big thank you to everyone who took the time to reply to this thread--you guys are AWESOME! There are so many great recommendations, I'm not sure where to start.

If anyone else knows of a sunscreen for people with REALLY oily skin, please don't hesitate to share Very Happy.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
indira wrote:
If anyone else knows of a sunscreen for people with REALLY oily skin, please don't hesitate to share Very Happy.
I think it's Sofina Nuance that you want -- that's the one that my other oily-skinned sufferers have consistently recommended to me. Sofina may have renamed the product though so you may need to do a bit of detective work to figure out what Sofina "Nuance" is called now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for Clarins SPF40 here although if your complexion is darker it may still cast a slight whitish shade. I always thought it's colorless until my friend used it. I recently got Anthelios XL SPF 50 fluid for face. This is not the American version but is the kind sold in Europe. The consistency is similar to Clarins SPF40, cheaper and at a bigger size! Now I just bought Peter Thomas Roth SPF30 mineral sunscreen. Can't wait to try. Smile
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
i just ordered some bioderma from skincarecentral.biz. i ordered the spray and the fluid and il use one or the other depending on how it feels on facial skin and depending on day Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |