Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny, if I were you I would contact him on the Ageless site.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Tiny, if I were you I would contact him on the Ageless site.

thanks, I've been wondering why I have not heard from him yet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again, Steve very nicely resent my programs!! now for my resolution.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Get on it, girl! Time's a wasting!

I have no room to talk, I've been slacking, doing mine about once a week since Xmas. In my defense I was laid out flat with a bug for a week but I've got to get back to work myself. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Get on it, girl! Time's a wasting!

I have no room to talk, I've been slacking, doing mine about once a week since Xmas. In my defense I was laid out flat with a bug for a week but I've got to get back to work myself. Smile

What have you seen so far? and what did you see by slacking?

TIA! and your right times a wasting!!!! Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
So far, a great deal of lift and firming of the cheeks and mouth. Neck, eyes and jawline are great, no sag at all which is great for 57 going on 58.

I haven't noticed any reversal of benefits by my slacking off, as I have been doing them at least weekly. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
So far, a great deal of lift and firming of the cheeks and mouth. Neck, eyes and jawline are great, no sag at all which is great for 57 going on 58.

I haven't noticed any reversal of benefits by my slacking off, as I have been doing them at least weekly. Smile

Thanks for that info, it is very encouraging!!! time to get going Very Happy

5% products discount

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Hello ladies!

I'm brand new to this forum, please forgive me if I've posted in the wrong spot and please forgive what might be a lengthy question and description of my concern.

Approximately 10 years ago I had a 'mini facelift' to address concerns of sagging/jowling. I have always had prominent cheekbones and a hollow appearance to my cheeks. I'm thin and have a narrow long face.

I understand that no muscles were lifted during my minilift. Only skin was removed from the front and back of the ears. I'm now 60.

With a mini lift, no incisions are made at the upper outer brow area of the face. The incisions are made at the front and back of the ears.

The 'midline facial support/anchoring imbalance' only at the ears causes the ugly draping.

This isn't the windblown results from a too tight facelift. This is draping and sagging.

My 2 concerns are these:

1. After 10 years, the minilift is long gone and I'm seeing a disturbing sagging/draping of skin most obvious when my head is turned downward or even when I purse or pucker my lips. The draping is noticeable when I talk. (I am often video taped and cringe when watching the playback) The draping occurs when I look down, or even just slightly turn my head to either side. The only thing that makes the draping disappear is smiling. I do a LOT of smiling Smile (Which kinda makes you look like a ole lady who smiles at inappropriate times)

Of course, after 10 years, additional sagging has occurred, adding to the problem.

My question is, is it possible for face exercises to correct/improve the draping plus the sagging? And which face exercise program would be the most beneficial? I've been investigating face exercises for a while now and seems that the more you know, the more questions you have. I do not want to accentuate my already hollow cheeks. I would like to lift the sags and somehow improve the draping of the skin.

How can the muscles lift the skin back to its upward position if the skin is unevenly draped?

2. The area between my nose and lips really bothers me. I do not see my teeth when my lips are slightly parted. How can I lift this area? I've been doing some mouth/lip exercises and am considering the purchasing the flexaway.

My question is, would using the flexaway or performing mouth exercises interfere with the cheek issue as related in #1 concern?

I thank you all for your time and your thoughtful responses.

Cheers!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
You'd be better off starting another thread if you want to discuss other programs, since this one is about Ageless if You Dare.

I believe that the Ageless program would address your concerns, but not sure what you mean by draping. It sounds like they tightened the skin, but the muscles are starting to sag?

You might want to contact Lou Lou or Steve at the Ageless site and see if they have better answers for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I think there are posts about flexaway if you do a search you may find some

5% products discount

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I was hoping that Ageless If You Dare might be a solution ... I guess not.

Rather than post two separate questions in two separate forums I thought possibly this was a place to get answers.

Thanks!
puddlelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think anyone is trying to be unhelpful - its just that if someone says something really useful, but off topic, in a thread then that comment may be lost to someone for whom it could be useful who is reading the thread where it would have been most relevant. So, in this case, someone researching flexaway is unlikely to be looking in this thread and may miss something pertinent
There are several flexaway threads

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=47840

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32997

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31127

I have used flexaway and personally I really didn't like the results.

5% products discount

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I don't understand....My question was regarding Agelessifyoudare...so I thought someone would have some opinions rather than just tell me to look somewhere else.

Not to worry, I reposted in a fresh forum topic.

Smile
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think that you made it very clear that you were talking about Ageless:
Quote:

My question is, would using the flexaway or performing mouth exercises interfere with the cheek issue as related in #1 concern?

That sounds kind of general to me, and you didn't even use the word Ageless in your post. My reply was that I think Ageless could help you, and to get in touch with them at your site.

Sorry if I came off as unhelpful. I certainly didn't mean to be.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:10 am      Reply with quote
No one is unsympathetic to you, or trying to be unhelpful but you posted here without mentioning Ageless by its name and instead a different product, so people were trying to be helpful to you by directing you to where you could get answers about the product you named.

If its Ageless you are interested in, then I would email Steve and get his opinion. He works with Loulou and may even run your question by her and that way you will get it straight from the program developer.

I tried Flexaway and didn't like it. It left sores at the corners of my mouth where the band iritiated the skin and Beverly just wasn't helpful to me. Her customer service skills were very different before I bought the product, then afterwards I found there to be a change. She told me that I should buy the new band that was automatically sent out with all the kits from then on. When I asked why I had to buy it when I purchased a kit at the same price as they were then I got no answer. So I'd avoid them at all costs. Besides if you do your research you will find that many people don't get that great effects from it!
thinkpeace wrote:
I guess I don't understand....My question was regarding Agelessifyoudare...so I thought someone would have some opinions rather than just tell me to look somewhere else.

Not to worry, I reposted in a fresh forum topic.

Smile
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am on day 23 of the Bootcamp (well, taking a few days break, as advised).
I have 2 questions.
1) This one has probably been answered already, but I am confused by the instructions for day 23. First, under Day 23 it says to do Day 2 exercises, but then while still under Day 23 it says "Schedule for day 24" and it lists Day 1 exercises. What is the correct schedule for Day 23?

2) When I started the bootcamp, my left eye was closing a tiny bit more than my right when smiling, but they both had tiny pouches underneath them (when smiling or squinting). I was hoping to rectify the imbalance however. Now, when I smile or squint, I have a tiny bag under my left eye, almost like a contracted muscle, while the right eye is almost entirely smooth. The left eye continues to close more, as if my cheek muscles are pushing it up more. This difference from one eye to the other in terms of the tiny bag was not noticeable before I started the bootcamp. Does anyone have any suggestions what may have caused it and how I can rectify it? I am happy with my right eye, but my left is worse Sad

Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds as if one side of your face is getting more of a workout. Maybe do two more reps on the "weaker" side, or two less on the stronger side (the left, I think you said)?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
So my left eye closing more may mean that it's stronger? Could be. Thanks for the suggestion. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I still have one question (and suggestions t my second one above are still welcome):
1) This one has probably been answered already, but I am confused by the instructions for day 23 of the Ageless Bootcamp. First, under Day 23 it says to do Day 2 exercises, but then while still under Day 23 it says "Schedule for day 24" and it lists Day 1 exercises. What is the correct schedule for Day 23?

Thank you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Have you written to Steve? I find that's the fastest way to get an answer to my questions. I wish Ageless had a forum!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:32 am      Reply with quote
You know it did once, but I am kind of glad it went, because in the end it was never staffed and it became a horrible bully ground. One poster got particular nasty and said all sorts of horrible things about other people and their photos – it was terrible in the end. There were a few of us who are on EDS who were around and will remember her. She was just plain right rude and very personally nasty to many people (even said some horrid things about my beloved hubby having his cancer treatment).

In the beginning it was lovely, but then Loulou just abandoned it. I’m still a fan of Ageless but I still do feel we’re owed a bit of an explanation as she vanished without a word and then reappeared just to sell her new product (the Hotspots program etc). It was never really explained. Don’t get me wrong, I know she has a life outside of Ageless, but many of us were committed to using it, and promoting it. I just kind of felt it was a slap in the face for those of us who were dedicated and we never were given an explanation that was sufficient in my mind.

Immacolata wrote:
Have you written to Steve? I find that's the fastest way to get an answer to my questions. I wish Ageless had a forum!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I read about that famous forum. I didn't understand, and still don't understand, why anyone would use Infopop or whatever they are for a discussion board when there are so many others (Invision, Invision, Invision!) that are so much better. With Infopop, I don't think that moderators can even move or delete posts. Such posts as the ones you describe should never have been allowed to stand. You need tools to manage a community, and someone who knows a bit about IP addresses and such to manage trolls.

To be fair to Lou Lou, it is quite a job to manage a community. I've been doing it for years here in Oregon (medical marijuana forum for patients) and it's stressful - and I only manage the back end! The other admins and the moderators pick up my slack with the members, thank God. As it is, there are days when I want to just throw up my hands and walk away from the whole mess.

As far as the lack of an explanation for her absence, again, I was not around then. But I suspect that the lack of explanation means that it was for very personal reasons - crises happen. So she's given no explanation - but look at it this way - she hasn't made up any lies about having a sick friend or a dead relative or whatever.

I understand that you and others were frustrated. I would have been too. But I would have let it go, because this woman has helped me immeasurably. I am so grateful for this program, it really has changed the way I look in the mirror - even the fact that I do look at my reflection now is a major change, but I'm spending a lot of time in front of my mirror now! LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I just want to also add that it might not be a stronger muscle, but may also be about the skin/connective tissue on top of the muscles, as I know when I did my eyes at one point a couple of years ago, the skin would go all crinkly even though the muscle underneath it was strong and firm. I think Lou explains this in the book with the forehead, about the muscle staying pumped up and having the skin uneven. Sounds like the same thing with your eyes here.
fitgineer wrote:
So my left eye closing more may mean that it's stronger? Could be. Thanks for the suggestion. Smile
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone

So there I was, with a lovely schedule, sticking to it, dreaming of firm-face wonders ahead... when bang, it all fell over.

I totally underestimated the effect our major homeworks would have on me. We started by having the entire flat rewired, I had been warned about the dirt but did not realise it would literally be like a war zone afterwards! Rubble in my kitchen cupboards, in my crockery and in the cutlery trays. Thick dust everywhere, even 2 cleaning services plus me handscrubbing the floors then steamcleaning them could not get them clean! Every - and I mean EVERY - millimeter in the flat was filthy beyond belief. We had to stay in a hotel for 3 days because the place was just not liveable, and even then... I cannot even describe the level of brick dust and filth in and on everything. We had thrown dust sheets over everything, ha, that was a waste of time.

Every single thing in the flat had to be washed - every plate, every surface, every single item of clothing. Shoes had to be wiped, and then wiped again... and again. And when everything seemed clean, still the dust came, settling over everything again. My advice - don't ever rewire, just move.

Anyway, it was really hard work and between a stressful full time job I got into a real - that I'm only just getting out of.

So, I'm starting all over again - I'm going to do the original program for a month, then I'm going to do the hotspots. Oh, I wish I'd managed to stay on target but never mind.

Here I go again...
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
You'll be happy to know that you'll catch up to your level more quickly than you got there in the first place - did that make sense?

Muscle memory - your muscles will respond quickly. You're not starting from scratch! Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |