Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I need a treatment that really works (pics)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
ImageImage
I feel like I am getting nowhere. What treatments do you guys suggest?
As you can see I have scarring, blotchiness, hyperpigmentation, large pores and overall I think my skin looks prety bad.
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Could you post a bigger picture, please? This one is tiny.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
There's two photos. Right-click "Properties" on the picture and you'll get the link. If you copy/paste the second URL too, you see both close-up.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
I am just having a I hate my skin day.My skin looks older and more haggard then I actually am.
I am currently using retin-a, 8% HQ, and burn out sunscreen and have been doing so for over 5 months now. I see hardly any progress. DO you think I am going to need a more aggressive treatment?
I am most embarrassed about the scarring and then the hyperpigmentation/blotchiness.
I am looking for a younger,healthier, smoother appearance!
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
It takes more time to see results from Retin A, like a year or so. Don't give up on it yet. Did you take "before" pictures?

That said, Retin A is a great prep (and post) for many peels and other in-office procedures. So maybe an appt with your derm?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Have you considered glycolic peels? They help with scars if used properly. It also seems like you have numerous pores on your cheeks, so maybe BHA or vit C could help with that too.

Are there any other skincare that you're using aside from RetinA? Like, what cleanser/moisturizer/etc.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:38 am      Reply with quote
try Gamila Secret cleansing soap, it has very light exfoliating property; therefore you can use once a day (at night time) or once every 2days.

here is the picture before and after using Gamila secret (however the description is in chinese, if you are interested plz just take a look at the picture)

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1-TKcWwiMEpEuG-69lWKJ9k-2qOq9zOTYxecY80zep0o&pli=1

Then you can use Vitamin A serum afterwards. And use Squalene in your last step
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Have you researched the long term effects of using HQ? And besides... I really don't think your need that. I think oasisjc's suggestion of using peels is great.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Copper Peptides. Check out the skinbiology site. One poster named Maxx is incredibly helpful on their forum with this type of remodeling and he has had terrific luck. Also Stoney is very helpfpul.
Good luck.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the suggestions. I have had several peels in the past. Many glycolic peels, about4 tca/jessner peels at the derms. I do have alot of pigment issues but its not showing up in the pics. I was thinking about giving vit c another try but concerned as I usually tend to get comedones from it. I have never used copper peptides so I will look into that. I will continue to use my retin-a forever but I dont think its going to cut it. I was thinking at this point laser, dermabrasion, something far more aggressive. I would love to start getting compliments on my skin again instead of me looking in horror everytime I look in the mirror:)
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
No serums, creams, or other topicals will completely remove acne scars. They may diminish their appearance and make your overall complexion much nicer, but they can only do so much.

For more dramatic improvements, I would recommend one or more of the following:

1.) Laser skin resurfacing removes the damaged skin layer by layer. This treatment is precise and only affects the scarred skin.

2.)Microdermabrasion blasts away the top layer of skin to reveal the new skin beneath. This procedure does not go as deep as laser skin resurfacing procedures. Deep acne scars, however, may not respond to microdermabrasion.

3.)Chemical peels promote skin growth by damaging and removing the top layer of skin. The doctor can use different strengths of chemicals to control the depth of the peel.

These procedures are more costly but they will address your problems more precisely and they will give you much faster results. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Might I suggest the Obagi NuDerm line? Head on over to the Obagi threads and read up. I am currently using this and it has really helped a lot of people with their skin issues.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32112

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=37005

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10121

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5361

Obagi Website:
http://www.obagi.com/consumer/products/nu-derm.aspx

There are many threads on here regarding Obagi that you can search for, these are just a few. Obagi takes commitment and is not for the faint of heart for sure! You need to know what exactly you're in for with this so it's best to read all you can so you know what to expect. I read on Obagi the last few years and only decided to take the plunge this past February...and I don't regret it Very Happy ...it really is a trandforming line...

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Fairlady - I would investigate laser and microdermabrasion treatments. If you do go this route, it's a good idea to prep your skin with Retin-A.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies for your suggestions. I think laser may be the option I go with but there are so many lasers I just dont know which would be best for my skin. Obagi seems like such a great skincare line but for some reason my skin doesnt respond to HQ. I think it could take years for the pigment issues to fade. I dont have melasma and the pigment is on the surface according to my derm but very stubborn:(
As far as the scarring I do know that it makes me feel self-concious. I have my days when I think its shallow and barely noticable and other days when I feel like its very noticable and almost disfiguring. I would love if there was a tratment that could take care of the scarring but I doubt that is really possible. So for now I am trying to at least remove the sun-damage/pigment issues and pre-aging issues so my skin looks better
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:12 am      Reply with quote
I think dermarolling would help the pitting! Have you considered this? You might even consider going to a Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist and getting rolled with the "big guns." If you google dermarolling for acne scars you can find examples of before and after photo's. I have to disagree with Keliu on this...I wouldn't get lasered!!!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Luvskincare,
I think you should possibly give more thought to the Obagi Nuderm system as Bren21 suggested.

It's not just a treatment with hydroquinone as the main ingredient. It's a systematic approach using a variety of products designed to work together for the best results.

*Cleanser/Toner --helps your skin achieve the correct ph
*Clear -- contains 4% HQ for skin lightening
*Exfoderm or Exfoderm Forte --used for exfoliation and skin resurfacing
*Blender --also contains 4% HQ used in conjunction with retin a to really push products into your skin
*Sun Fader --many choose not to use this product but I had no problems with it
*Sunscreen -- Obagi or another physical ss

Obagi Nuderm is also a commitment. To achieve the best results, it should be used for a minimum of 18-24 weeks before starting on a maintenance plan.

ALSO, in my opinion, if you did Nuderm and then decided on another procedure (laser, chemical peel) to optimize your results, your face would be perfectly primed.

Nuderm is not a quick fix! But, it works. It's also not an easy journey; there are lots of ups and downs.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Luvskincare,

I think you are on the right track with your skin care and with time you will see improvement at least in some aspects that you are targeting, however we need to remember that the skin appearance is an indication of overall state of things in our body.

The biggest part of efforts for success in skin care, should be concentrated on health of the body like making sure that you have a gym routine that helps you to control wight and have proper metabolism to restore a necessary chemical and hormonal balance. Watching what you eat (like avoiding chemicals, artificial colors, and overall a healthy diet) plus good set of essential supplements will definitely boost all your skin care efforts.

Most likely you will not be able to get your skin into glowing and clear state if your body is not there. I hope I do not sound harsh, I just want to help with a sincere advice and I believe that with a right amount of efforts everyone can stay in a good shape.

So all the components are important if you want a real result in skin appearance for better:
1) healthy wight and muscle tone (= good metabolism, balance of estradiol and testosterone and progesterone )

2) healthy nutrition ( detox of the body = getting bad stuff out, then good supplements and healthy food in )

3) maintenance of the skin on the outside (= outer layers of skin: peels, retin A, Vitamin C, (BTW a great Vitamin C which doesn't give me blackheads - Emergency C 20% - or start with lower potency), moisturizing, and sun protection etc...

So taking from the fact that I wasn't in luck to have a perfect skin naturally,in my book, I have this formula: 1+2+3 = healthy skin
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Also, how old are your acne scars?

If they have been there for years and nothing reduces them, I would try filler injections. It will definitely help (there are some temporary ones and some permanent too)
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Really great information!
I am making an effort to drink alot more water and take care of myself better.
I like the idea of Obagi system so I am highly considering adding that to my plan.
My acne scars are old. Probably have been there for years. I dont think filler will help as they are pretty shallow and I dont think they would respond to fillers. At least that what my derm told me. I tried tca cross a few times on them without success.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:17 am      Reply with quote
^ interesting about the shallow acne scars. I've got a few tiny ones from way back as well, along with large pores in my t-zone.
I thought microfibre & tretinoin would even out all this but after 4 months, no luck. I guess this means I do need to study the more invasive peels, skin resurfacing & dermarolling techniques mentioned here. what a hassle.

sigh.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I see a younger looking skin in the picture Smile
I think you are just over-judgemental on your skin a bit. In order to get results on any skin, it takes a bit of a time, not over-night though... Also make sure for whatever treatment you had, you make sure that you protect your skin for life in the sun, like wearing sunscreen higher than 30SPF. Read some more threads on EDS, this website has a lot of information on how to achieve a younger-looking skin....

luvskincare wrote:
Thank you for the suggestions. I have had several peels in the past. Many glycolic peels, about4 tca/jessner peels at the derms. I do have alot of pigment issues but its not showing up in the pics. I was thinking about giving vit c another try but concerned as I usually tend to get comedones from it. I have never used copper peptides so I will look into that. I will continue to use my retin-a forever but I dont think its going to cut it. I was thinking at this point laser, dermabrasion, something far more aggressive. I would love to start getting compliments on my skin again instead of me looking in horror everytime I look in the mirror:)
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Is it possible that I could get away with the
Clear
Exfoderm
Blender
along with my retin-a
I really like Cervae face wash and my Burnout sunscreen
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I think you could. If your face wash doesn't leave your skin at the right ph, use witch hazel as a toner prior to applying the products.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kims... I will try with those products first. Hopefully I will see some good results with my pigmentation issues
chepuxa

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I would also recommend to check Nu Skin Clear Action Acne Medication System. And to get perfect results you might also need to look at Galvanic SPA system from the same company. Obagi is good but you need to have choices.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |