Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What's the best dark tan product?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
klimax
5% products discount

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I was doing a lot of leg work and found many good companies. However they dont have it in dark tan, and even if they do, they're product leaves streaks. So I'm looking for a dark tan that is streak-free. I've heard of Body Bling, Eco Tan, St Tropez, and Sienna X. I bought Sienna X and haven't started using it yet because I bought Dove Summer Glow Gradual Tan. I'm checking to see how this goes before I try the Sienna X. WHat's your favourite dark tan product?
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:28 am      Reply with quote
My favorite is: SUN LABORATORIES ULTRA DARK SELF TANNING SPRAY.

website: http://www.sunlabsonline.com/11/sun_laboratories_ultra_dark_self_tanning_spray.html

I use this brand to do my custom spray tans (from a gallon jug and an airbrush tan gun) and then suggest my clients pick up a 'Tan in a can" spray for home use. The color is natural and great. It doesn't smell weird and the can will even spray upside down.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Tan? does anyone do that look anymore???

5% products discount

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm interested in a tan that will give me this exact colour tan:

http://imageshack.com/a/img838/7655/fst2.jpg

So I don't know if I should be looking for a product that gives me a BROWN tan vs GOLDEN tan Vs BRONZE tan.

I've searched a lot, and a lot of people here say Nouvatan is better than Sienna X. My question is which one of those product will make me look like the picture above? There is also another tan product which I thought I'd mention called Beach Brown. There's not a lot of info regarding Beach Brown, and if it's BROWN tan that is on picture above, then I should be looking into Beach Brown or similar products.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Tan? does anyone do that look anymore???

Yes, unfortunately. I really don't know who is going to the indoor tanning salons; but someone is. There is lots of them in business still.

I personally embrace my (natural) paleness.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Here are a few threads that might be helpful:

*REVIEW* Vita Liberata Phenomenal 2-3 Week Tan
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46566

Tarte Maracuja Self Tanner
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45762

REVIEW - Makebelieve Self Tan Lotion
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23196
klimax
5% products discount

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Checked them out, not as good as others I mentioned. This site is really knowledgable for tans.

http://www.salongeek.com/forums.php

I'm looking for a BROWN tan. The others are GOLDEN tan which look natural. The best I found after doing lots of reading is Nouvatan. Sienna X is good too because it's a big company but users say Nouvatan is better.

My search for BROWN tan started with LA Tan but that's expensive and I found another product called Brown Bitz and this looks like something I wanna get. Just can't make my mind up to get 12% COconut or 14% Watermelon and Pomegranate one.

EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:26 am      Reply with quote
First off, just my opinion, but I think the very dark tan is a dated look now. It is reminiscent of 1970's Bain de Soleil ads. That said, I'm not soapboxing about paleness, either. Just wondering if you have considered a lighter, less intense bronze.

It looks to me, from the photos you posted, that you're looking for a red toned bronze tan. This shade of self-tan is popular with competitve body builders, so you might look to them for product suggestions.

The thing is, ALL self-tanners use dihydroxyacetone (DHA) to create a "tan". DHA reacts with the proteins in human skin to create an orange-toned shade. This DHA created shade can look more or less orange, depending on the skintone to which it is applied...natural skin being like a blank canvas. Usually, DHA produces a more natural looking tan when applied to skin that is already somewhat tanned from the sun.

The additive that changes the end result of DHA from golden, to brown, to red bronze, is usally the colorguard. Some ingredients, such as erythrulose or sugars, can alter the DHA tones a bit, but usually not by much. While colorguards mostly wash off, they do leave a slight residual tint to the skin, which can be moderately effective in adjusting the orangey tone left by the DHA.

Colorguards that are olive toned, such as those found in SUN products, counter the orange to produce a warm golden brown end result. (e.g. add green paint to orange paint and you get brownish paint). Colorguards with a bluish green undertone, as in Aviva Gimme Brown, tend to produce a cooler, ashier brown end result.

Colorguards with yellow undertones produce a peachier, golden end result. Colorguards with pink undertones produce a warmer peachy end result.

Colorguards with reddish bronze or very warm brown colorguards tend to produce a red-toned brown end result, and in my opinion, these red-toned products seem to produce the darkest tans.
When you look at the skintones of the people with the darkest natural tans, you often see red undertones. A red-based colorguard with DHA most closely mimics this natural skintone.

The higher the DHA percentage, the more orange is deposited on the skin, and therefore, more colorguard is needed to counteract and correct that orange cast. It is often better to use a mid-range DHA percentage product with a good colorguard, and to instead make numerous applications to get a dark final result, so that more colorguard pigment is deposited to the skin, e.g. the ratio of colorguard deposit to DHA is more balanced.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I'm looking for an airbrush gun to use with a tanning product. Any recommendations? Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |