Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skinglowgal

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I bought my dermaroller (I bought 2) from amazon and paid $14.00 does the same as expensive ones.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:
I definitely do have sensitive skin, and you are correct that I had a lot of inflammation from the Fraxel treatments I had. And you are also correct that I have issues with Retin A!

But does that necessarily equate to bleeding profusely when rolling? I try and press relatively hard, but I don't bleed. However, don't most instructions say to apply medium pressure? But I still worry that I'm not doing this properly!

packratmack wrote:
I think pinpricks of blood are sufficient. No need to look like an extra in a horror movie. Unless, you are bethany. Smile Just kidding!

I agree with Pack...I don't think the kind of bleeding I have is required. As I understand it, key is to have some bleeding under the skin but it doesn't have to be excessive at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:39 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
This is kind of off topic but does anyone know if you bleed with the Dermapen. I think none of the videos I have seen have shown blood. Is this an indicator of whether it works are not? Confused

They promote minimal bleeding, because they asked about using my blood and gore pic as an example of what you do not go through with the Dermapen.

However, I am willing to bet my annual salary that I would still bleed a lot with the dermapen, since I have the same result when using a 1mm dermastamp. I think it is definitely a YMMV kind of thing. Btw, I get pinpoint bleeding from a 2mm, sigh.

I think we have discussed this in the past, but anyone who smokes will definitely have less pain and bleeding.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Cross posting....

bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:
Hi Bethany, please keep us updated on how you like the .02 roller because I need to order another one. Thanks.

Cookie, I am traveling this week and did not bring it with me, so I will update you the following week.

But I can tell you that my face was not red at all this morning which was a pleasant surprise.

Just an FYI that I am still loving the Environ CIT roller. I really likes the Environ stamp, but it ended up leaving stripes in the areas that I stamped. Sad Fortunately the roller seems to blend things a bit better.

A couple of things to think about:

- I would not recommend purchasing the Environ Frown Serum unless you are prepared to use a penetration roller. It just doesn't work that well without the needling.

- If you are not prone to inflammation, I think the Dr Roller or Owndoc .25mm roller is fine for penetration rolling. But if you are prone to inflammation like me, the Environ CIT roller is worth the extra money in hopes of avoiding collagenase.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just noticed that the Environ roller does not have cross-linked needles, which may be why I am encountering less inflammation (a good thing for penetration rolling).

Something to things about when picking a roller for penetration vs. remodeling.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I just noticed that the Environ roller does not have cross-linked needles, which may be why I am encountering less inflammation (a good thing for penetration rolling).

That makes a lot of sense. You really don't need the cross linking if you are not doing a deep roll. I really need to consider this roller.
mgarriga

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:18 am      Reply with quote
i'm dying to know the answer to this. i've been using a 1.5 on my face with 6 weeks between treatments. i wait less for the smallpox vaccine scar on my arm i am treating. i haven't had any bleeding at all aside from a few pinpricks that are barely visible. i basically look sunburned after a 1.5 roll. i can't roll any deeper! i rolled yesterday, and now my skin looks totally normal today! /:
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:21 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
This may have been addressed here before and I apologize in advance if it has been.. but I was wondering what is the risk of transplanting mole cells, whether benign or malignant via derma roller and thus spreading em .... also same thing with hyper pigmented cells.. thank you

reposting it again, anyone? Thank you
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
daler wrote:
This may have been addressed here before and I apologize in advance if it has been.. but I was wondering what is the risk of transplanting mole cells, whether benign or malignant via derma roller and thus spreading em .... also same thing with hyper pigmented cells.. thank you

reposting it again, anyone? Thank you

Any mole should be checked to make sure if it is malignant or not - then suitable treatment can be applied. I have a benign one on my face that I have had lasered (after pathology check) but it is still there. I've rolled over it many times and am now using the ReAura Laser on it. It is slowly disappearing. But I've never heard of transplanting benign mole cells.

So the bottom line is that any mole should be treated with caution and preferably checked by a doctor.

As for hyperpigmentation - according to all the reading I've done, needling is a very safe treatment for it. I have never heard of the danger of hyperpigmentation cells being spread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Keliu!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Last Sat night, I did my first roll (1 mm). My skin turned red right away and I did have burning sensation which lasted for 1-2 hours, though I had only few pinpricks. Next morning everything was fine.

On Sun night, I found my skin peeling a bit; yesterday my skin felt like a bit sandpaper which Tria & ReAura users had reported after laser treatment.

I think that I have a good "roll".
auburneyz
5% products discount

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Greetings all, I have been reading and following this thread for a while. I have taken the plunge and expect my dermarolling supplies soon. I would like to begin with the .5 for my first roll. The following roll I plan to use a 1mm. My question, how long is the optimal wait time between that first roll and subsequent roll? I also ordered the supplies for a vitamin c serum, so will use this prior to first roll. Thanks to all for the wealth of information!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:02 am      Reply with quote
auburneyz wrote:
......My question, how long is the optimal wait time between that first roll and subsequent roll?......

I folllow this protocol: 6-8 weeks.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:40 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Bethany,

I've only ever used the Dr. Rollers....so I guess I am not sure exactly what the difference is? Do you mind expanding a little on what you mean here?

Thanks! BFG
auburneyz
5% products discount

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Thank you summer2004. I had thought of waiting four weeks, but I think I will stick to the six week schedule. Happy rolling!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi people...first post here Cool

I see Sarah over at owndocdotcom recommends using her rollers that are cross lined (needles not straight across). She say's that they will offer better penetration to the skin than needles straight across. Seems most people that have used straight across needles have great results. Is it really that big of an issue? I'm mainly concerned with the 1.5mm size rollers. Thank you
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Can I use Castor oil or Rosehip Oil after dermarolling instead of the Infadolan cream from owndoc?

Also for pre-care, Can I use Rice Bran Oil, Cod Liver oil or Rosehip instead of Retinoic Acid(Vit.A/Tretinoin)

And for Vitamin C serum as pre-ca, can I also use Rosehip Oil instead?

Thank You!
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Great question morocha! I have a related question - hopefully we will get some feedback from our fellow rollers!

I have starting using Vitamin A (to prep for my first deep roll in a couple of months). No problem there: Using Osmosis Correct. As for Vitamin C, my skin can not tolerate L-AA. Is the MAP version ok (as far as skin prep for rolling)

TIA!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl has mentioned a few in the past: Red Palm Oil, Avocado Oil and the Skin Actives Antioxidant Oil Blend. Here is one of her posts with more details: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=509342#509342

In case it helps, here is her recipe (also in the Recipe Index under C Serums and also Post Dermarolling Serums & Oil Blends): http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=521494#521494

Smile
auburneyz
5% products discount

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
morocha wrote:

Also for pre-care, Can I use Rice Bran Oil, Cod Liver oil or Rosehip instead of Retinoic Acid(Vit.A/Tretinoin)
Thank You!

I bought Rosehip for post-roll as well as virgin palm. Plan on adding vitamin E. I certainly want to start out correctly for my skin type. I would love to hear other opinions on this oil blend. I have been putting off the intimidating first roll, as I want to prepare my skin for at least a month using the vitamin c serum, prior to beginning this journey.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Just noticed that my under eye area and glabella lines are finally looking better...it has been 3 months since my aggressive dermastamp at the beginning of September. This is actually a bit earlier than expected, so I am looking forward to better results over the next couple of months as the collagen develops.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany,

I must have missed the posts where you mentioned using a dermastamp vs the usual rollers for those areas of the face?...curious as to your reasons for that?

Thanks, BFG
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Hi Bethany,

I must have missed the posts where you mentioned using a dermastamp vs the usual rollers for those areas of the face?...curious as to your reasons for that?

Thanks, BFG

I decided to try a stamp due to the higher concentration of needles, and because the stamp is a bit less painful. But they can really only be used for very tiny areas.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
BFG, here is a pic I had posted the morning after a stamp treatment. I should have posted my update on the dermastamp thread, but I guess I just rolled all the needling stuff into the same kind of treatment. Confused

FYI...This bruising was way worse than I get with a roller.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased an MT .5mm roller and used it for the 1st time last night - even though I had read on the owndoc.com site that you "mustn't roll eye area" I did anyway staying away from my eyeball. I was wondering (and I've read many of the threads on derma rolling on eds) if anyone could share their technique for doing the eye area - read somewhere to pull skin down when doing under eye area - I'm assuming pull skin up when doing upper eye area. I'm really hoping that this device will help with my sagging eyelids. Thanks in advance!

born 1964, some raw & live foods - medium complexion - sinking eye area yet manage to still have bags, loose, sagging upper eyelids, 11s not as bad as my N/L & M/L, microneedling .5 & 1mm, led, massage, Vit C, A, CP very occasionally, HA, EES, DMAE, MATRIXYL
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |