Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Clarisonic - Yeah or Nay?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Goose
5% products discount

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I am really considering purchasing one of these and would love your feedback...

1. Where did you purchase it? Approx cost?
2. What difference has it made to your skin?
3. Do you use it every time you wash? Twice day?
4. Are you happy you purchased it?
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
1. eBay, brand new, boxed, £70

2. No more monthly spots

3. Usually once per day. Sometimes, twice, but second session will be very abbreviated, ie I won't wait for the times-up beep. Husband loves it for pre-shave, and his skin is looking better than it ever has.

4. Big yes.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Love mine. I'd like to get a big one for my whole body!
havana8

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if you've seen these, but there are many review threads on the Skincare Tools forum that may also help with your buying decision. Here are just a few:

::Review:: Clarisonic Face Brush
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11732

:: Review :: Clarisonic RAVE
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24472

Clarisonic brush, will you buy it?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34840

Clarisonic PRO vs PLUS
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35341

which clarisonic mia or regular?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35666

Clarisonic Mia
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=37381

The Clarisonic "motorised" face brush anyone?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11424

I've been contemplating the Mia myself. Good luck with whatever you decide. Smile
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have a clarisonic, purchased from EDS about 2 years ago. I use it twice a day and love it. I had a problem with alot of bumps on my forehead and it totally cleared it up. Had some minor purging the first month but after that pretty clear skin. I can also vouch that their customer service is awesome. I had a issue with mine and they replaced it no questions asked. I also recently bought the Clarisonic Mia for travelling (it is lighter) and wish now I had just bought it from the start, as it was less expensive. It only has one speed (same as second speed on the regular Clarisonic) but that's the speed I use anyway. I also like the charger for the Mia better.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Clarisonic Plus for about two weeks now. At first, it wasn't really making a difference because I was taking it VERY slow. I started on the lowest speed and used it every other day. Then I switched to once a day, then finally to twice a day. I did this because some people can't tolerate that much stimulation on the skin at once so I made sure I wouldn't be one of those people. I have to say though, that it didn't really help TOO much. I noticed these milia-like bumps getting smaller, but they were definitely still there. Then two days ago, I kicked up the speed one notch and it made a drastic difference! The bumps on my face has gone down more noticeably! Anyways, my point is not to just use the highest speed possible and expect good results. It varies from person to person but I think everyone should play it safe and start out slow. I think it's worth your money and if you don't like it after 60 days, you can just return it.

I bought mine from skincarerx.com and I think there's a promo code (MUA20) that will get you a 20% discount
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
And you probably don't want to buy it from eBay. Sure it's cheaper, but there may be some warranty problems in the future as I've heard from other people. Plus, if you buy it from a credited store, then you always have the option of returning it, which isn't always the case with eBay
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
totally rave about the clarisonic
I purchased it from here and do think it's the best daily exfoliation out there...and I am a total skin junkie. I use the sensitive head and put it on normal mode...use it morning and night. I find it's great for deep cleansing because it takes away all your make-up better than just the cleanser alone. Also if you use the clarisonic daily and move it in upward strokes...it's great in the long run to prevent saggy skin due to gravity.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Clarisonic (got it at EDS of course)in the evening only. I also find I like the Delicate head the most. That and the Baby Quasar are my fav skin care toys.Just remember to rinse the brush well and clean under the brush often.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Goose wrote:
I am really considering purchasing one of these and would love your feedback...

There are so many threads of this topic. You should of searched those threads.
1. I bought my Clarisonic PRO from EDS. Just look at the price on EDS

2. It made a huge positive difference to my skin and the body brush is a bonus! I use less of my skin care products because Clarisonic does a wonderful deep clean.

3. I use mine twice a day, at least.

4. I am extremely impressed and I have no regrets.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
i have just bought the clarisonic plus, I love it. I am like Oasisjc in that I am taking it very slow, delicate brush, once a day, Oh and I dont use their cleanser , just one that Ive used before and I know that suits me(beginning to realise that " less is more" and changing too many things at once is silly, then I havnt a clue what is working ans what isnt)

So far I am loving what it is doing for my skin, clearer, better skin tone, smoother.
Hope this helps in your decision! Good luck
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:43 am      Reply with quote
I bought the MIA.

QVC $119
Cleans quickly and skin is nicely prepped for lotions. My skin feels so smooth afterwards.
I use it once a day with Purity made simple. Love the two together!
Yes, took me awhile and I was a devoted OCM user. I still love OCM, but just don't have the time I use to.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |